Christian Barmore at 10

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
All the top DLs this year have question marks, but I'd be more confident drafting Barmore high than say Kwity Paye.

Barmore is a sophomore and already destroying really good offensive lines; that talent isn't going to go away unless he gets injured. On the flip side, he's just as likely going to continue to grow into his frame and put on NFL strength. With Paye, you're having to project that he'll be able to even get to the quarterback, cause right now he's not doing it.

I'll need to watch Nixon and Rousseau, because those guys are competing with Barmore to be the top DL taken. But right now, I am feeling really confident about Barmore.

conner01

Reaction score
Payne is a better against the run but dudes on here told me its all about the pass game. Barmore had 1 less sack as a freshman than Payne had his whole career at Bama.
Barrmore has grown as a player
As a freshman he only rushed but he’s grown as a run defender
I still wouldn’t take him in top 10

jblaze2004

Reaction score
The Alabama product is fresh off a dominant outing against Notre Dame, recording a 92.2 PFF grade and a whopping seven pressures.

Keep in mind, the Fighting Irish boast the country's best offensive line. While we haven’t seen that kind of strong performance week in and week out from Barmore, he still has been the best pass-rushing interior defensive lineman this season. His 91.2 pass-rushing grade leads his position in the FBS.

@WillieBeamen
These dudes smoking something thinking he'll be there in round 2.

Dude had like 8 sacks from the DT position.

QB's hate pressure up the middle. Our DT's suck at forcing pressure and even stopping the run.
The more i think of it the more I am on board with this pick. We had to start building our team from the inside out. Dline and Oline should be premium's. No more picking a rb top 10 or really even in the first round.

Verdict

Reaction score
Maliek Collins had 5 sacks and 5 TFL as a rookie.

If he comes cheap I wouldn’t mind bringing back Collins on a performance based contract and let Collins and Hill battle it out for the backup 3Tech. Gallimore is going to take away the starter role going away and probably kick over to 1 tech on passing downs.

If Gallimore stays healthy he is going to see a LOT of snaps next year.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I trust Jeff Cavanaugh and Voch Lombardi and both have him as a late 1st at best. Also corner is a much bigger need on this team. Based on what I've seen of the draft so far I think the best course of action would be:

Rd 1: CB
Rd 2: FS
Rd 3: DT and LB

We should be able to get one of the best corners and best safeties at those spots. Then there should be good value for 1T in the 3rd. That being said I would also prioritize 1T in FA. Now if we trade back to around 20 and Barmore is there I'll be fine taking him because we got an extra pick to adress other holes.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
If he comes cheap I wouldn’t mind bringing back Collins on a performance based contract and let Collins and Hill battle it out for the backup 3Tech. Gallimore is going to take away the starter role going away and probably kick over to 1 tech on passing downs.

If Gallimore stays healthy he is going to see a LOT of snaps next year.

Collins was a quality nickel rusher but he got beat up against the run.

There’s 2 parts to the job...which is why I want to dig in on Barmore more before labeling him a 1st.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dude had like 8 sacks from the DT position.

QB's hate pressure up the middle. Our DT's suck at forcing pressure and even stopping the run.
The more i think of it the more I am on board with this pick. We had to start building our team from the inside out. Dline and Oline should be premium's. No more picking a rb top 10 or really even in the first round.

I have heard numerous times that Barmore disappears in first half of games, but comes on in the 2nd half. Many believe he is better later on, due to teams try to play catch-up with Bama's offense, where Barmore doesn't have to worry about the run and can just pin his ears back, rush the passer. He is a rush 1 Tech that has potential to become a three down player. I am not taking a situational player at pick #10.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I have heard numerous times that Barmore disappears in first half of games, but comes on in the 2nd half.
He does. My criticism of most people's #1 DT coming into the season (Marvin Wilson, Florida State) was that some games in 2019 he looked like Fletcher Cox, and other games he looked like Trysten Hill. In 2020, he showed even less consistency.

Barmore can look unstoppable at times and then completely uninterested at others. Great size, tools and talent, but I'd be nervous to be the team that gambles a top 10 pick on him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He does. My criticism of most people's #1 DT coming into the season (Marvin Wilson, Florida State) was that some games in 2019 he looked like Fletcher Cox, and other games he looked like Trysten Hill. In 2020, he showed even less consistency.

Barmore can look unstoppable at times and then completely uninterested at others. Great size, tools and talent, but I'd be nervous to be the team that gambles a top 10 pick on him.

I really think he's more of a nickel player at this juncture, with upside to become a 3 down player. Would you take a situational pass rusher at 10? No, especially this team who has to get better against the run.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I have heard numerous times that Barmore disappears in first half of games, but comes on in the 2nd half. Many believe he is better later on, due to teams try to play catch-up with Bama's offense, where Barmore doesn't have to worry about the run and can just pin his ears back, rush the passer. He is a rush 1 Tech that has potential to become a three down player. I am not taking a situational player at pick #10.
I already showed you pff proved that wrong but you want to believe thats true about him vs the run then ok.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I hear you. Its not gospel but i guess i take pff opinion more seriously than voch lombardi and jeff Cavanaugh
I have heard the same negatives prior to the college season. I would love an impact DT, but I just don't see him being worth a top 10 selection where many are envisioning him after the college playoff.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Needs to be the selection. Sign a FA cb and get a dog in the middle because there's a good chance............VERY GOOD CHANCE that Hill will follow in Tacos footsteps and show in year 3 that he still sucks.

I was going to ask you to quantify what that chance was with some factual basis in reality but then I realized that the hill equals taco analogy has about as much thought put into it.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I was going to ask you to quantify what that chance was with some factual basis in reality but then I realized that the hill equals taco analogy has about as much thought put into it.
This boy still riding hard for that fat soft doughboy :laugh:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This boy still riding hard for that fat soft doughboy :laugh:

I root for players that improve their game over the course of seasons and throughout the season and who obviously take the coaching.

These were all things that taco never did

I'm not going to make up probabilities about how he's actually going to turn out though cuz I don't know and I'm not going to pretend like I do.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would not have a problem if Dallas took Barmore at 10. It would likely mean that the scouts think highly of him, and to make this defense work, we have to have a DT who can consistently get penetration.