Christmas Present for yourself?

jubal

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that I have a kindred spirit out there. My wife asks me why I go shopping if I'm not going to buy whatever I want.
I am waiting for something that I can't live without,or will get my moneys worth out of it.
Buy a "good" camera not the best or highest priced.
Technology today leaves your "stuff"outdated before you are ready to update.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I prefer giving for Christmas just sent a buddy of mine one of those gifts that have a hidden meaning behind it. It was a "Why Don't You Shut Up, Get off Your Fat Butt and Do Something About It" cookbook. I have another friend who's always walking around with a beer in his hand so I sent him one of these.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/timthumbphp_zpsc44ca65a.jpeg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know so many people that I send out a lot of these. It's one of those Christmas gifts that says "I really don't give a bleep but I felt obligated." Anytime someone receives a fruitcake they know whoever sent it had probably just finished their Christmas shopping and was checking out and saw them at the counter and remembered "oh, I forgot about knucklehead."

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/timthumb-2php_zps4591219b.jpeg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
TheCount;4917475 said:
Try sky diving. ;)

If the saying 'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again' doesn't apply to something I probably won't try it.

ologan

Reaction score
A canon 70-200 F/4 "L" (Non-IS). My first "L" lens, and sadly to my pocketbook, probably not my last. Better start saving now for next Christmas.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ologan;4919702 said:
A canon 70-200 F/4 "L" (Non-IS). My first "L" lens, and sadly to my pocketbook, probably not my last. Better start saving now for next Christmas.

Nice all around lens.

I'm getting a heated foot massager and we're getting an iPhone charger/alarm/speaker.

ologan

Reaction score
jobberone;4919722 said:
Nice all around lens.

I'm getting a heated foot massager and we're getting an iPhone charger/alarm/speaker.

I am looking forward to using it a lot. May have to sell the EF-S 55-250 I have for it and start building up a 'lens fund'.
Speaking of cameras and lenses, we seem to have a number of pretty good photographers, myself excluded, on this board. It would be great to have a dedicated thread to some of their best work. Then again, I'm not advocating making this a photography website. Something along the lines of the lines of the 'Wacky Web Images', unless it would take up too much bandwidth or stretch the servers.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ologan;4919780 said:
I am looking forward to using it a lot. May have to sell the EF-S 55-250 I have for it and start building up a 'lens fund'.
Speaking of cameras and lenses, we seem to have a number of pretty good photographers, myself excluded, on this board. It would be great to have a dedicated thread to some of their best work. Then again, I'm not advocating making this a photography website. Something along the lines of the lines of the 'Wacky Web Images', unless it would take up too much bandwidth or stretch the servers.

Digital Photography

jcollins28

Reaction score
I got myself a new lid. A HJC AR10.

6a00d83455aeb969e201157141934e970b-500wi

I plan on doing more karting this year so a new helmet was a priority.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
jcollins28;4919835 said:
I got myself a new lid. A HJC AR10.

6a00d83455aeb969e201157141934e970b-500wi

I plan on doing more karting this year so a new helmet was a priority.

Sick!

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
KJJ;4919553 said:
I prefer giving for Christmas just sent a buddy of mine one of those gifts that have a hidden meaning behind it. It was a "Why Don't You Shut Up, Get off Your Fat Butt and Do Something About It" cookbook. I have another friend who's always walking around with a beer in his hand so I sent him one of these.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/timthumbphp_zpsc44ca65a.jpeg

Hopefully he is a Giants fan....

Or even better and Eagles fan.....

perrykemp

Reaction score
theogt;4916331 said:
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina.

I always said I'd never own a Mac, but after several trips to the Apple store deliberating over the purchase, I took the plunge. I fell in the love with the retina display and man is this a great laptop. Worth the price? Probably not, but it's still a fantastic device.

Hard to put a price on art.

Most apple hardware is an incredible mixture of art, engineering, and functionality.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Not a gift for myself, but my stepson who is a Bills fan, gave me some really nice jeep floor mats made of good nice thick rubber with a beautiful Cowboy Star

:star:

I put them in my jeep, they look nice. But, now everytime I get into my ride, I have to step all over the Star with my shoes or boots.

I asked him later, having a good time, and asked did he do that on purpose because he hates the Cowboys? He just turned away and kind of smiled at me...

:cool:

Should I keep them in the jeep and step all over the Cowboys logo?
:confused:

;)