News: Chuck Howley inducted to the Hall of Fame

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Tussinman

Reaction score
You must be too young to have experienced the dynasty.
Or I can logically just look at an accolade sheet (which is all the voters do anyways) and already know that woodson plays a position that is arguably the hardest of the main positions to get in.

It's the same with interior o line, if your not something ridiculous like 8+ pro bowls and all decade team then you have zero guarantee of getting in

In the hall of famers eyes woodson is a closer to a Eric weddle level safety then he is the safeties they normally enshrine. Sucks but it's the truth

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Chuck Howley - the only Super Bowl MVP from the losing team and he was a defensive player as well. He must have had a helluva game. I was 5 years old at the time, so I can't remember. :)
The game was an offensive nightmare. Neither QB passed for 150 yards, and Craig Morton threw 3 picks - all in the 4th quarter. I was done with him after that game.

Chuck Howley picked off two passes - one was in the end zone in the 4th quarter with Dallas up 13-6. Morton made sure Howley's effort was wasted in the end. :rolleyes:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or I can logically just look at an accolade sheet (which is all the voters do anyways) and already know that woodson plays a position that is arguably the hardest of the main positions to get in.

It's the same with interior o line, if your not something ridiculous like 8+ pro bowls and all decade team then you have zero guarantee of getting in
Actually Woodson played 3 positions. He was a much more valuable chess piece than some midget inside backer making tackles sideline to sideline as long as he's clean of traffic.

You would know this if you watched him play rather than just look at a stat sheet.