News: Chuck Howley inducted to the Hall of Fame

plasticman

Reaction score
Morton’s arm that year was basically just hanging by a thread.
Wouldn't have mattered. The only ball he could throw accurately was the deep pass. He was hugely inaccurate.

In his 18 seasons he only threw more TD's than INT's in 6 of his 18 years. He threw more INT's than TD's in his career.

In his two Super bowl starts, for all 113 quarterbacks that threw more than 10 passes, he recorded the worse and 8th worse passer rating in SB history. In Super Bowl 12, his rating was a 0.0, as in zero, goose egg, empty set, nuttin'.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What happened to Woody going into the Hall? Oh well, I guess there is still time for him. Mr. Howley going in the Hall is way overdue. So I will celebrate for him and former Cowboy D. Ware.

:oldcouple:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Great to see Chuck get in.

But really, how long does Woodson have to wait?

John813

Reaction score
Glad Chuck & Zach finally made it in.

Think Woodson will too, just has to wait a little longer

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
The game was an offensive nightmare. Neither QB passed for 150 yards, and Craig Morton threw 3 picks - all in the 4th quarter. I was done with him after that game.

Chuck Howley picked off two passes - one was in the end zone in the 4th quarter with Dallas up 13-6. Morton made sure Howley's effort was wasted in the end. :rolleyes:
Similar to the play of the current QB. I remember being soooo disgusted with Morton's play. And he proved that he was what he was when the Cowboys dismantled the Denver Shetland Ponies and they did it on the back of Morton's bad play.

Anyway, on Howley, a wrong has been righted !

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Makes me want to cry. I just wish it had come a few years sooner when he could have really enjoyed. Chuck 54 and Bullet Bob both should have enjoyed a few years wearing the gold jacket with their peers.