Cincy WR Ja'Marr Chase vs Diggs

quickccc

Reaction score
This Cincy game will include a former matchup of WR Ja' Marr Chase vs Cowboys' CB Trevor Diggs.

If those that remember- it was Chase that totally embarrassed Diggs at the collegiate level with LSU vs Alabama game.
Chase was really the one college WR that torched Diggs.

Chase is a flat out elite baller since entering the NFL.
An impact player in the passing game i had hopes that CeeDee Lamb can eventually become.

Does that matchup happen again come Sunday ?

i wonder if Cowboys will have Diggs shadow and tag Chase wherever he lines up
much of the game, .. or will Cowboys be content with Anthony Brown trying to cover Chase, where
i usually see Chase lining up most times.

Carson

Reaction score
This doesn’t make sense.

Ja’Marr Chase completely owned A.J. Terrell. Terrell is now an elite corner in the NFL

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Havent seen any posts on him...how did Diggs do against TB?

I guess not hearing too much about him is a good thing as if he was torched a lot posters would be going crazy about it.

JBS

Reaction score
Chase definitely beat up on Diggs in college. But the OP and many others definitely exaggerate on how bad it really was. I watched that tape over and over when diggs was coming out of Bama and it wasn’t nearly as bad as most made it out to be. But yes, chase got the best of him for sure.

JBS

Reaction score

I guess not hearing too much about him is a good thing as if he was torched a lot posters would be going crazy about it.
4 pbus
3 catches
33 yards
1td

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Diggs isn't going to follow him all over the field.

fredp22

Reaction score
Quinn's well aware of Chase. Brown may go single on Higgins but would be surprised if Chase isnt doubled for majority of plays

Creeper

Reaction score
This Cincy game will include a former matchup of WR Ja' Marr Chase vs Cowboys' CB Trevor Diggs.

If those that remember- it was Chase that totally embarrassed Diggs at the collegiate level with LSU vs Alabama game.

An impact player in the passing game i had hopes that CeeDee Lamb can eventually become.

much of the game, .. or will Cowboys be content with Anthony Brown trying to cover Chase, where

The Cowboys have to double Chase. If they don't he will outrun every Cowboys DB to the end zone. The way the Cowboys give up big plays to other receivers I can only imagine what Chase will do to them. I'd put Diggs on the other WO and Brown + a safety on Chase. The key to this game will be pressure on Burrow. If they don't get pressure on him it will be a long day for the defense

On the other side of the ball, Dallas needs to run the ball and eat up clock time.

Big D

Reaction score
If we play them like TB just played us, tight coverage taking away the short quick stuff and heavy pressure on the qb we can slow down their offense. The only issue with that is you can run the ball to diffuse all that. We didn't, but I think they will will trust in Mixon.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Micah can shut all that down. Burrow likes to hold the ball for deep shots which require time in the pocket. Time in the pocket is something that the Bengals Oline doesn't consistently provide leading to sacks, fumbles and INTs. I don't want Diggs gambling for INTs, because it could end up a TD against Chase. But all hands on deck with the pass rush. Micah will be Micah, but I need DLaw to own Lael Collins.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

CD does not have the physical gifts of Chase who is much faster, taller, and has better hands. CD needs to be the best player he can be but he is not in the same ballpark as Chase.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Diggs vs. TB

3 tackles 2 pass deflections gave up 3 catches on 6 targets for 33 yards and 1 td

John813

Reaction score
Diggs was good in coverage. The only knock on his game is ground support vs the bigger backs.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I believe Dallas is going to bracket cover Chase, you can't just allow Diggs one on one against him all game, he's just to good and Diggs is to reckless at jumping routes....