Twitter: CJ Goodwin to be activated from the practice squad - named ST captain

CCBoy

Reaction score
Because he is one of the best he does. He will help the team more than a backup who dresses before the game only to undress after the game and doesn't need a shower because he never played.
Let's go babe...D-fence on our fenced home. (home owner and Cowboys fan)

Motorola

Reaction score
Because he is one of the best he does. He will help the team more than a backup who dresses before the game only to undress after the game and doesn't need a shower because he never played.
running down on touchbacks and fair caught punts...yeah he's brilliant alright
Yet that was all Kelvin Joseph accomplished in his two seasons in Dallas --- being a 2nd round pick in 2021.
Goodwin has perservered as a UDFA back in 2014 to still be a contributor in his role.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Yet that was all Kelvin Joseph accomplished in his two seasons in Dallas --- being a 2nd round pick in 2021.
Goodwin has perservered as a UDFA back in 2014 to still be a contributor in his role.
If he has been in the NFL since 2014, then the man must have some sort of value to have kept him around.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Participation Trophy Era are nauseating....

Did you ever play anything competitive??
I have played competitive Football, Baseball, have you?
"IN TODAY"S NFL" escapes you evidently, the NFL have made kickoffs a forgone conclusion, kickers are kicking it through the endzones, Punters are kicking for height to secure fair catches. Goodwin offers nothing as a cornerback since his change of direction and speed is limited , so other than running down the field on kickoffs and punts, he's a one trick pony in a league that's trying to eliminate high speed contact. Here's your participation trophy!

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I agree. I think we should cut Kickers, Long Snappers, Punters. All just one trick ponies taking up roster spots in today's NFL.
The league is heading there.....The way the NFL is trying to limit high speed collisions, don't be surprised if in a few years the NFL just eliminates punts or kickoffs and sets the starting line of scrimmage at the 25 for kickoffs to start games or after scoring drives and 50 yards down the field from the line of scrimmage if a team fails to get a first down .....

Qcard

Reaction score
I have played competitive Football, Baseball, have you?
"IN TODAY"S NFL" escapes you evidently, the NFL have made kickoffs a forgone conclusion, kickers are kicking it through the endzones, Punters are kicking for height to secure fair catches. Goodwin offers nothing as a cornerback since his change of direction and speed is limited , so other than running down the field on kickoffs and punts, he's a one trick pony in a league that's trying to eliminate high speed contact. Here's your participation trophy!
What Level of Competition? :lmao2:

I played Professional Rugby and Semi-Pro Football.

If you think Goodwin offers nothing more than blah blah....then you are a perfect example of Participation Era trophy entitlement.....Goodwin has been a Team Captain perennially.

Here's your context

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
What Level of Competition? :lmao2:

I played Professional Rugby and Semi-Pro Football.

If you think Goodwin offers nothing more than blah blah....then you are a perfect example of Participation Era trophy entitlement.....Goodwin has been a Team Captain perennially.

Here's your context

A short video interview and stating he's a bottom of the roster ST captain on a team where almost half the team is a captain or alternate Captain of some sorts is your defense of a player who was so valuable he was CUT from the team and not signed by another team.. I'm not saying he isn't good at what he does, he is, I'm just saying he's a one trick pony position in a league that's trying to eliminate these high speed special team collisions hence all the rule changes and more to come and what special teams coaches want, kicking it through for a touchback and 45 yard punts that are fair caught.. I guess 31 other teams get it in a changing league that values players that need do more than one thing on a field to justify being active on gameday...The league is changing, this isn't your 80 or 90's NFL, hence why the running back position is now a devalued position, the safety position where players need to be interchangeable, I guess you can't see the forest for the trees...