Twitter: CJ Goodwin to be activated from the practice squad - named ST captain

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wasting? ST is a huge part of the game..
I think what he's trying to say is is better if you can find the one that can both play special teams and at least be a number two or #3 backup on a regular position.. If all you can do is special teams he's saying he feels like that's a waste that's why I'm a little surprised they didn't keep Kelvin Joseph even if they didn't like his development at corner he played special teams a lot like Goodwin very aggressive sometimes too aggressive at times but he's a good tackler and he at least could play corner in a pinch.. They could have simply cut good one and kept KJ and that covers two positions on the team that's why quest for six is saying he thinks it's a waste..

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Dude the people around here completely missed the point I'm talking about Kelvin Joseph's ability to play great on special teams and be able to play corner his trade affected us keeping Goodwin.. I mean does that not fall into what we're sitting here talking about and yet you wanna bring up the fact that he was replaced with another corner that wasn't what we were talking about we're talking about special teams ace that can only play special teams and I'm talking about the disappointment that we didn't get to keep Calvin Joseph special teams ability and his ability to be a backup at corner if we would have kept him I don't think Goodwin would have been retained that was my point..
If Kelvin Joseph was better at special teams maybe he could have been the new Goodwin lol

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Kelvin Joseph was better at special teams maybe he could have been the new Goodwin
hey in my humble opinion he was pretty damn close to good went on special teams outside of he was a little too aggressive the man played special teams at a high level and could play so I don't know I think they decided to get rid of him for other reasons more political maybe you know his personality and everything that go with him not developing they decided to let him go besides the fact that deeply inside me I believe the real reason they let him go outside of slow development they could not stash him on the practice squad like they could good win because I believe he would have got taken off the practice squad by another team... I mean yeah I thought about it and I'm thinking why would they let a guy go that can play special teams and corner just because he's slow developing and keep a guy like Goodwin but they could stash good one on the practice squad without a lot of risk of losing him but you put Calvin Joseph on the practice squad he's getting taken by somebody.. So they got something for him

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think what he's trying to say is is better if you can find the one that can both play special teams and at least be a number two or #3 backup on a regular position.. If all you can do is special teams he's saying he feels like that's a waste that's why I'm a little surprised they didn't keep Kelvin Joseph even if they didn't like his development at corner he played special teams a lot like Goodwin very aggressive sometimes too aggressive at times but he's a good tackler and he at least could play corner in a pinch.. They could have simply cut good one and kept KJ and that covers two positions on the team that's why quest for six is saying he thinks it's a waste..
That doesn’t make sense though because no one was cut for Goodwin—he’s on the ps. It’s just now you have more flexibility to call up ps players for games. If you are talking about who is sitting on the gameday roster that’s a different convo but we don’t even know the gameday roster to complain about that yet. Goodwin might not even be here all year if there aren’t injuries.