Signed by Cowboys Claiborne's signed one year deal with Cowboys

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am very happy for us as a team and proud that5 Mo would take the pay cut and do the deal.
A lot of players would have simply went elsewhere rather than stay in the same place and take a pay cut.

Now we can cut Carr post June 1st because Carr is not worth 3x the cap hit of Mo.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol I know I know but , they are filling in these gaps in hopes of allowing us to draft the best player regardless of position. Might be a decent approach.

I don't subscribe to that theory where you have to plug your holes so you can draft properly. I think it's the other way around. You have to draft properly in order to not have so many glaring holes every year.

Gameover

Reaction score
6th overall pick could only fetch a 1 year deal?

He isn't reliable. Worst selection the team ever made!

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not prepared to go into the season with just Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, a 1st round pick, Olatoye, Mitchell and Thomas. That would just be reckless.

I don't know it looks decent to me. I don't think they were that bad last season. Throw in scandrick and a 1st rounder it could be solid.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I am very happy for us as a team and proud that5 Mo would take the pay cut and do the deal.
A lot of players would have simply went elsewhere rather than stay in the same place and take a pay cut.

Now we can cut Carr post June 1st because Carr is not worth 3x the cap hit of Mo.

5th year option was for 11m I think

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Mo, but I'm a fan of this move.

I'm sure the market on Mo wasn't great, and now he has the chance to show what he is capable of on a one year deal. I was surprised he decided to do that here though as a change of scenery may have done him a lot of good.

But this gives us one less hole to patch going into the draft.

We still need to do something with Carr, and re-sign Hardy, but outside of that we've patched the team up so that we at least haven't gotten worse.

RS12

Reaction score
Same feeling I had with resigning McClain. Didnt care if he stayed or went, though would have preferred he went.

12+88=7

Reaction score
If Bosa is gone at #4, take Ramsey and I still think Dallas should still select a CB with the 2nd round pick.

Make Carr and Church June 1st cuts.

Dallas would then have Claiborne and Scandrick as starters, with the draft pick as #3. You would also have Ramsey at SS and Jones at FS.

This draft is deep in the DL, so address the DL starting with the 3rd round.