Signed by Cowboys Claiborne's signed one year deal with Cowboys

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
5th year option was for 11m I think

Yup. And a lot of guys would move on even if it meant a larger pay cut then stay here after that.
--See Mike Jenkins.

So I am really glad about this. Mo is a 6m a year CB that plays about 60% of the time... so 3-4m is about right.
I am just shocked it didn;t taske a 3 year deal and 5-6m guaranteed ot make it happen.

This lets him try to raise his value and covers us at a soft spoft where guys are getting stupid money.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I don't subscribe to that theory where you have to plug your holes so you can draft properly. I think it's the other way around. You have to draft properly in order to not have so many glaring holes every year.

I only really only see 3 big holes left . Back up QB , DE, and RB. Players like Crawford , Claiborne and Wilbur are serviceable. We went 12-4 with them contributing . I think a good healthy QB changes this team a lot. Lets see what happens in the draft now.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If Bosa is gone at #4, take Ramsey and I still think Dallas should still select a CB with the 2nd round pick.

Make Carr and Church June 1st cuts.

Dallas would then have Claiborne and Scandrick as starters, with the draft pick as #3. You would also have Ramsey at SS and Jones at FS.

This draft is deep in the DL, so address the DL starting with the 3rd round.

SS and CB with picks ! & 2? No thanxs. Backup qb or DL..

silver

Reaction score
I only really only see 3 big holes left . Back up QB , DE, and RB. Players like Crawford , Claiborne and Wilbur are serviceable. We went 12-4 with them contributing . I think a good healthy QB changes this team a lot. Lets see what happens in the draft now.

You'll need to change your name to Optimist Cowboy now. ;)

Sydla

Reaction score
We better cut him to pay for all these deals

We still need 4.5m for the draft class

Where are they now? Could they hold Carr until June 1 when the cap savings jumps like 3MM?

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
MO!... good to have, he looked better than he's ever looked on 2015. Just knew he would pull a Pac-Man/TNew resurgence for someone else this season.

Also frees up the Draft just a little bit Mo!

Go Cowboys?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Where are they now? Could they hold Carr until June 1 when the cap savings jumps like 3MM?

They could do that and try to squeeze him to take a paycut. Not a lot of money out there in June. But if they wanted to cut him for the savings in June they don't have to wait, they have a June 1 designation for that.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It's not a bad deal just means were not getting Carroll now unfortunately

12+88=7

Reaction score
SS and CB with picks ! & 2? No thanxs. Backup qb or DL..

You need to get a contributor with the #4 pick. If you select a QB that high he needs to be a starter. DL is deep in this draft and can be addressed later.

Ramsey has been called the best defender in this draft. Dallas will have one of the best and youngest safety tandems in the NFL with Ramsey & Jones.

Going into free agency Dallas had question marks with Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick, their top three CBs. Resigning Claiborne and drafting a CB with the #2 pick would only leave Scandrick as the unknown.

With this scenario Dallas has resolved 90% of the secondary.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

We are under 5m after TCrawford restructure and signing Leary, Heath, RMcClain, CThornton, MClaiborne, CBrown, Wilber, JThomas.

If Carr is a June 1st cut he clears 9.1m but it can't be used until June
If they just outright cut him it clears 6.4m right now

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Why? Just because Claiborne got signed for one year?

because we can draft one next year...... maybe Claiborne will take the league by storm like he was suppose to when we used the 6th pick on him. How many 1st round picks do you need in the defensive back field?

Sydla

Reaction score
They could do that and try to squeeze him to take a paycut. Not a lot of money out there in June. But if they wanted to cut him for the savings in June they don't have to wait, they have a June 1 designation for that.

He has to go, right?

You cannot go into next season with basically the same secondary with a rookie or two sprinkled in and think you've fixed that issue.