Clarence E. Hill "Jerry Jones wants to concede the NY Giants Game"

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
There is no way he said that they were just going to rest players and mail this game in. The Giants haven't been playing amazing the last three weeks so this is a winable game, right now, if we play them like we played the Bucs yesterday.

superpunk

Reaction score
I'm reporting that my Alpha-Bits cereal told me in not so many words this morning that "ASKJLKJPOKIASFAMASFDASJKAHAWAWAS"

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2378311 said:
There is no way he said that they were just going to rest players and mail this game in. The Giants haven't been playing amazing the last three weeks so this is a winable game, right now, if we play them like we played the Bucs yesterday.
Good point. Last week, the Bucs were the best team in the NFC and there was no way we'd win (according to some here)

Now it's the Giants that are the best and there's no way we win.

It will be tough and we also need a better offensive performance than 172 yards and 13 points. But if Brad can play slightly better (ie hit on some of those almost passes) we force turnovers and play at a similar level defensively, why the hell not?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
superpunk;2378316 said:
I'm reporting that my Alpha-Bits cereal told me in not so many words this morning that "ASKJLKJPOKIASFAMASFDASJKAHAWAWAS"
That's a wise cereal.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect this team to go out and fight the Giants tooth and nail. I don't expect the Cowboys to concede anything and somehow I have the feeling that Hill is reading more into this than Jerry said. I think anyone with an ounce of sense understand this will be a tough game to overcome but I don't think Dallas will lay down for the Giants

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2378311 said:
The Giants haven't been playing amazing the last three weeks so this is a winable game, right now, if we play them like we played the Bucs yesterday.

No, sadly, if we played the way against the Bucs .... i.e. breaking a 30 year franchise record for fewest total offensive yards in a single game ... we don't have a prayer against the Giants in the Meadowlands.

superpunk

Reaction score
windward;2378328 said:
That's a wise cereal.
In not so many words, of course. I'm sure you can read between the lines and see that the Alpha-Bits were conceding to Count Chocula.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2378330 said:
No, sadly, if we played the way against the Bucs .... i.e. breaking a 30 year franchise record for fewest total offensive yards in a single game ... we don't have a prayer against the Giants in the Meadowlands.
It was more along the line of holding the Giants to 9 points.:D

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
superpunk;2378334 said:
In not so many words, of course. I'm sure you can read between the lines and see that the Alpha-Bits were conceding to Count Chocula.
They should.

If only there were more Qs than Ps.

Then they might have a shot.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
that sounds like Jerry alright a pessimist that doesnt believe his team can win every week

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
windward;2378336 said:
It was more along the line of holding the Giants to 9 points.:D

Unless the Giants give us about 60 yards in penalties in a single drive, like the Bucs did, I'm not sure holding them to 9 points even gives us a chance.

I do know when Jerry was on Norm's show before the Rams game and was trying to force the possibility that Romo would try to play with a cast, he said the motivation was because of the upcoming games on the schedule made a victory against the Rams almost paramount. It wasn't hard to read between the lines and see that he felt the odds of winning in the Meadowlands with this beat up team were pretty bleak.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2378349 said:
Unless the Giants give us about 60 yards in penalties in a single drive, like the Bucs did, I'm not sure holding them to 9 points even gives us a chance.

I do know when Jerry was on Norm's show before the Rams game and was trying to force the possibility that Romo would try to play with a cast, he said the motivation was because of the upcoming games on the schedule made a victory against the Rams almost paramount, thus Romo was going to try to play against all odds. It wasn't hard to read between the lines and see that he felt the odds of winning in the Meadowlands with this beat up team were pretty bleak.
Perhaps.

No one should be surprised if we lose Sunday.

But we damn sure better give it our all.

zeromaster

Reaction score
superpunk;2378316 said:
ur drugz r bestest..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Betcha a dollar to a donut Jerry denies he ever considered conceding a game when this is brought up later this week.

slick325

Reaction score
I really hope this isn't the case. Banking on going 5-2 after the bye AND making the playoffs is asking a lot IMO. Someone in our division will win 9 or 10 games and not make the playoffs. This line of thinking puts Dallas right in line with being that team.

Plus, looking around the NFC a team from the NFC South may have 9 or 10 wins too.

Brad Johnson at QB gives Dallas little to no chance against the Giants but as was posted already.....any given Sunday. Dallas has to compete. It's a division rival. Hell, Dallas used to beat the 'Skins during 1 win seasons and during the 5-11 years. Never concede any game.

ndanger

Reaction score
Alexander;2378203 said:
If true, that is a shocking display of a loser's attitude. You never concede c onference game much less a divisional one if you are jockeying for the postseason.

Michael pressed him on it about Jerry saying that and It's just typical Dallas media using conjecture on their part. Hill drew that conclusion from Jerry telling him the Tampa game was a MUST WIN game. Mike told him Jerry would never say that and anybody who has followed Jerry should know he would be the last person standing in any concede anything line.

ndanger

Reaction score
Hostile;2378363 said:
Betcha a dollar to a donut Jerry denies he ever considered conceding a game when this is brought up later this week.

Personally I can't imagine Jerry conceding much of anything and certainly not any football game that counts. Uh-Uh I ain't buyin' it and neither did Michael Irvin.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ndanger;2378659 said:
Michael pressed him on it about Jerry saying that and It's just typical Dallas media using conjecture on their part. Hill drew that conclusion from Jerry telling him the Tampa game was a MUST WIN game. Mike told him Jerry would never say that and anybody who has followed Jerry should know he would be the last person standing in any concede anything line.

I agree, as long as Jerry has owned this team I have never seen him concede any game even in our 5-11 seasons. We may be the underdog in the game but I don't see Dallas laying down in this game