Clarence E. Hill "Jerry Jones wants to concede the NY Giants Game"

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I doubt Jerry said it like that. Sounds like Hill might be inferring something from Jerry's comments.

Or it could be the perfect setup. ;)

Section446

Reaction score
You're crazy if you seriously think Jones would concede to anyone.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2378138 said:
He was just on Michael Irvin's show and claims Jerry Jones told him this in not so many words. Says that is why Jerry Jones was saying the Bucs game was a must win game and the Giants' game will be used to rest players. After the Giants game, they will have the bye and have to go 5-2 down the stretch.

I think Hill needs to put the crack pipe down

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess since the boys won a hard fought game they needed to sensationalize something in order to create a controversy.

Good grief charlie brown....This guy has lost what little credibility he had and I bet Jerry said something that is not remotely what he is inferring yet he put 2 and 2 together and came up with 69 as the total.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Jerruh- "wow we are fortunate to have won this hard fought game over Tampa, we're really beat up and have to go to play the defending champions in their place this weekend"

Hill- "Jerry just said he wants to concede the game! Jerry sux!"

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
ndanger;2378659 said:
Michael pressed him on it about Jerry saying that and It's just typical Dallas media using conjecture on their part. Hill drew that conclusion from Jerry telling him the Tampa game was a MUST WIN game. Mike told him Jerry would never say that and anybody who has followed Jerry should know he would be the last person standing in any concede anything line.

It seems to me that the Dallas media is great at reading between the lines.

Resting hurt players = concede.

Tampa being must-win = concede

If Jerry said that he's not going to try to rush players like Romo back from injury just because we're playing the Giants, then that's being smart not conceding. Conceding would be pulling healthy starters such as Ware to not risk them because we're going to lose anyway.

Skin

Reaction score
Always, I repeat always, remember that the majority of the Dallas media has an agenda. As far as I've been able to tell, one of their agenda items is to make Jerry look like an idiot as often as possible. Admittedly, he gives them ammunition at times, but if anyone on this board thinks that Jerry Jones is conceding any game, you need to see a doctor because you're probably suffering from head trauma.

There is no more competitive owner in the NFL than Jerry Jones. We may disagree with his methods, at times, but that man is never going to say it's OK to lose a game.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We should turn up the defense another notch. We should put it on them.

"Hey you guys.... yeah you guys on defense... we dont think you can win this game on defense alone" :D

Relentless defense vs Giants O-line and Eli. Pressure, pressure, pressure... even if we give up a few BIG PLAYS.... lets make them pay for EVERYTHING THEY GET.

We can get Plax, and S.Smith to quit. Ala Steve Smith from Carolina a few years ago.

Ask the defense to show us that they can do it 2 weeks in a row.

It will pay off dividends long term.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2378349 said:
Unless the Giants give us about 60 yards in penalties in a single drive, like the Bucs did

The Bucs had 28 yards in penalties on that drive -- a 15-yarder, a 6-yarder, a 5-yarder and a 2-yarder. Two of them (the 6 and the 2) didn't really matter, but the 15-yarder obviously did.

Daudr

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2378138 said:
He was just on Michael Irvin's show and claims Jerry Jones told him this in not so many words. Says that is why Jerry Jones was saying the Bucs game was a must win game and the Giants' game will be used to rest players. After the Giants game, they will have the bye and have to go 5-2 down the stretch.

I seriously doubt this is true. Even IF we manage to go 5-2 down the stretch, I have major reservations that 10-6 will be enough to make the wildcard. We would need a lot of help from the rest of the NFC.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Daudr;2378935 said:
I seriously doubt this is true. Even IF we manage to go 5-2 down the stretch, I have major reservations that 10-6 will be enough to make the wildcard. We would need a lot of help from the rest of the NFC.
10-6 should be enough. Unless you think Tampa or Green Bay will win 11 games.

I doubt Atlanta Philly or New Orleans gets to 10 wins.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
i think this is BS. jerry wants to win he would not concede to anyone and really not to the Giants;)

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
If JJ used the words concede I would be very surprised and very disappointed.

Never Give Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:starspin

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
JJ might have used the word concede in reference to how good they are in parts of the game or how tough the game will be between the two clubs, but not for the game itself.

And I believe whatever tough period we go through over the next few weeks will ultimately help the team.

Our young corners played very well this past week and I believe they are better than Henry & Pacman...I think they should be given the opportunity to play.

Ken

Reaction score
one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

We are not dealing with the 72 Dolphins here fellas....no reason to concede anything.

If our defense brings it like they did last week, I like our chances...