Clarence E. Hill "Jerry Jones wants to concede the NY Giants Game"

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
He was just on Michael Irvin's show and claims Jerry Jones told him this in not so many words. Says that is why Jerry Jones was saying the Bucs game was a must win game and the Giants' game will be used to rest players. After the Giants game, they will have the bye and have to go 5-2 down the stretch.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that we would be considering conceding a game to a division rival.

I think we are going to go out and play as hard as we have played any game this year. We will rest guys that are hurt, sure, but that doesn't mean we are going to go into the mindset that we are going to lose.

links18

Reaction score
Sure looks like it if they plan on playing BJ........

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
wow. If that's true, that is a horrible attitude. I'll admit the task this week is daunting, but the Owner's giving up? Why not fight on Sunday? Maybe they scratch one out and give themselves some cushion for the 2nd half.

I also have a problem with expecting the injured players to come back and just run the table. @Wash, @Pitt, NYG, AND @Phil each be tough to win.

zeromaster

Reaction score
I think Clarence Hill is finally conceding he makes **** up. No owner, even the Cryptkeeper, is going to admit they aren't going to be competitive for a game in the middle of the season. Emperor Goodell would be all over that.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2378138 said:
He was just on Michael Irvin's show and claims Jerry Jones told him this in not so many words. Says that is why Jerry Jones was saying the Bucs game was a must win game and the Giants' game will be used to rest players. After the Giants game, they will have the bye and have to go 5-2 down the stretch.

If true, that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Division games are always important but where the Cowboys are now every game is important. There is no guarantee that we can go 5-2 in the last 7 games so this game is just as important than the bucs game if not more considering it's a division game.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
screw that! you just played your heart out and got a hard fought win. keep it up don't let the team tank it especially when we don't even have a 1st round pick next year.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I don't buy that, its still any given Sun. I don't Jerry thinks that at all

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2378138 said:

If true, that is a shocking display of a loser's attitude. You never concede c onference game much less a divisional one if you are jockeying for the postseason.

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
I heard him say that and Mike didn't like it at all. Listening to Wade's press conf now.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
zeromaster;2378184 said:
I think Clarence Hill is finally conceding he makes **** up. No owner, even the Cryptkeeper, is going to admit they aren't going to be competitive for a game in the middle of the season. Emperor Goodell would be all over that.
Especially Jerry, the king of optimism.

*If* Jerry said this, which I doubt, he's playing possum.

(Which might not be the worst idea... I can see the Giants taking us lightly after beating Pittsburgh on the road and seeing how inept Brad Johnson looked.)

Deep_South

Reaction score
No way. I bet Jerry and Wade are in the middle of a mad scramble trying to figure out how to get the team up again like they were on Sunday. They know, like I do, that if we can beat Tampa Bay, we can beat the Giants. We just need to figure out how to connect on a few balls downfield to go with the short game and play lights out D again.

jdnelson103

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2378212 said:
Especially Jerry, the king of optimism.

*If* Jerry said this, which I doubt, he's playing possum.

(Which might not be the worst idea... I can see the Giants taking us lightly after beating Pittsburgh on the road and seeing how inept Brad Johnson looked.)
Couldn't agree more.

Isn't this still the same Jerry that everyone berades for being too optimistic at times? There is no way he would ever say we're going to lose, unless he's trying to make sure it gets back to the Giants.

Also, I heard this was suppose to be off the record. If so, why is it out in the public. Maybe because Jerry wanted NY to hear it? That is, if he actually said it, which I tend to think is more likely.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2378200 said:
Good posting.
I call BS.

Totally agree. There is no guarantee that going 5-2 down the stretch and finishing 10-6 will get you in the playoffs. There is no way Jerry is going to write off this game. The players that can go Sunday will. Players can rest after the season not in the middle of it.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He doesn't have to come out and say it. It's probably just the unspoken truth of knowing he's going into a gun fight with a butter knife quarterback.