Clarett!!! : whats wrong with this guy??

joseephuss

Reaction score
irvin88 said:
Guy isn't a maniac like Phillips. RUST won't be an issue-if you can run, you can run !!!!! He can run. STEAL. Him and Cedric Houston.

Cedric Houston? Does he have off the field issues? I always thought he would be a solid back and what little I have heard so do the experts. Is it a steal if he is well regarded? I don't think he is thought of as a 1st round back, but could be a 2nd rounder. I wouldn't mind him being drafted by Dallas, but I think the Cowboys have more pressing needs at other positions.

I don't judge Clarett by the off field issues. I judge him by the fact that he only played one season in college, was injured for part of that season, hasn't played in two years and was out of shape at the combine last year. He is severely lacking in experience at the position as far as the total skills needed at a pro level. He can run and catch, but can he learn assignments for blitz pick up and running routes. Playing two or three additional years in college would have allowed him to learn some of that. Sitting on his ever growing butt does not.

To me, he is a day two pick for the Cowboys if he has a good performance at the combine. No reason to reach with a 2nd or try to trade for a 3rd to get him when pretty much every team will be waiting for the second day to draft him. If he once again shows up out of shape and slow, then he is a 6th or 7th rounder.

He won't be a steal for Dallas because Julius Jones is the starter. Only injuries would allow Clarett to see extensive playing time to show off anything in Dallas.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Clarett is an idiot. I can not stand the guy. Really nothing to do with the All-Star game, just everything in the past.

If you ask me Clarett is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with sports!