Clarett!!! : whats wrong with this guy??

irvin88

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I care... but maybe that's just me...

So did you not like Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin? Those dudes drove sports cars in college. Clarett is a steal.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
irvin88 said:
So did you not like Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin? Those dudes drove sports cars in college. Clarett is a steal.

No... I did NOT like Deion... and I still don't...

The difference is that neither of these were accused nor did they turn "poor me" evidence on their respective universities...

Do I think that improprieties occur? Sure I do... I am not an idiot...

If you are attempting to discredit my opinion... fine... but neither Deion or Irvin approach Clarett and his indescretions...

We have enough problems without taking on the likes of a guy that thinks he was screwed because he wasn't paid enough in college or because he couldn't break the NFL and the rules...

If you think we should "steal" Clarett... then so be it... he certainly fills the bill for theft and lack of character...

Kevlee06

Reaction score
My problem with OSU is that they claimed the things Clarett said was going on WAS NOT happening at their school. Which turned out to be not true with that QB getting caught accepting money. Which begs the question. How many times in the past has it happened. OSU basically turned its back on Clarett. If I was him I'd turn my back on them as well.

The kid wanted to play in the NFL earlier than what the rules allowed. He wanted them changed like basically every other pro sports league (except the WNBA, lol). Has he made some bad decisions in the past? Yeah. Did he assault anyone? Rape anyones daughter? Steal from a department store? Get caught driving drunk? NO, no, no, and no.

He is getting what he wants in a few weeks. To be judged by the NFL with the hopes of getting into the league he's been dying to get into probably his entire life. I for one dont see too much risk drafting him after the 3rd round. I think once he gets on a team he will work extremely hard to be one of the best RB's in the league. And since he'll have his money, he wont need any givebacks or free cars from boosters to get by.

Some team IS gonna get a steal.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I don't get it. The guy had one decent year in college and proved to be injury prone. He is shown to be massively immature and totally selfish. Not to mention flat out dumb. Anyone watch his interviews? I don't see why people feel the need to defend him. He lied to the police and was basically attempting insurance fraud. I guess he is just too young to know better. :rolleyes:

I would be irate if Dallas drafted this knucklehead.

playit12

Reaction score
junk said:
I don't get it. The guy had one decent year in college and proved to be injury prone. He is shown to be massively immature and totally selfish. Not to mention flat out dumb. Anyone watch his interviews? I don't see why people feel the need to defend him. He lied to the police and was basically attempting insurance fraud. I guess he is just too young to know better. :rolleyes:

I would be irate if Dallas drafted this knucklehead.

I guess the point is people are comparing to guys that were in trouble for Rape, Burglary, or assualt. I just don't see his crimes in that same level.

As for his talent I thought he was a very good back, and pretty much carried OSU to the championship game. If someone of that talent level slips to the second day then I think it's a steal. No one at OSU denied that he had a passion for the game and wanted to play. And none of his coaches ever said that he was lazy or uncoachable. Infact the major knock from his coaches was that he wanted to do too much when he first got there.

I really wanted to see him at the skills challenge but I can certainly understand an agent that advises against it. I remember that guy screwing up his leg playing flag football in the sand at one of those things. Only thing that worried me about the article was the mention of the "private" workouts. I think that's an indication that Clarett will skip working out at the combine again and instead wait for the more favorable OSU track. That would be a huge mistake in my opinion. Sure his numbers will be a little slower in Indy but at least his name will get some positive spin early in the process. Besides he can then improve his times on the track in the pro day and that is what the scouts will go by. Best thing he can do is show up in shape and ready to perform at the combine.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
2 years out of football, shape issues, bad decision making character issues.

This is a steal like Ross and Bryant were. I thought we were past that stuff?

Bring in Football players, no more headaches. I'll take Kay Jay Harris in 4.

Harris has his own issues, and if bill scouts him and talks to his coaches from WVU you can bet he will either stay completely away from him, or he will have to have a heart to heart talk with Harris before he would consider drafting him in ANY round.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Clarett will be lucky to be drafted. He's been out of the game two years. He's been known to show up out of shape to events where he should be anything but. He knowingly has broken laws and likely doesn't feel guilty about the fact that he did it but rather that he got caught.

If Clarett wants to change people's minds, he better show up at workouts at 220 and busting out 4.4's. Otherwise, NFL teams are going to take him off their board.

Talent is meaningless if the space between one's ears is empty.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Talented or not, Parcells won't draft him. Jerry would have, but we all know how well he is on draft day.

Kevlee06

Reaction score
Avery said:
Clarett will be lucky to be drafted. He's been out of the game two years. He's been known to show up out of shape to events where he should be anything but. He knowingly has broken laws and likely doesn't feel guilty about the fact that he did it but rather that he got caught.

If Clarett wants to change people's minds, he better show up at workouts at 220 and busting out 4.4's. Otherwise, NFL teams are going to take him off their board.

Talent is meaningless if the space between one's ears is empty.

Ya know people knowingly break the law every day. Warren Sapp smoked weed (which is breaking the law) and got drafted in the 1st round. I guess you think he shouldnt have been drafted at all. Peter Warrick and Laverneous Coles stole from a department store yet they were drafted in the 1st and 3rd rounds respectively. I could probably go on and on. Hell I'm sure every poster here who has a drivers license goes over that speed limit from time to time KNOWLINGLY and wont give two shiites except if they get caught.

People deserve chances. And since he didnt do anything that hurt anyone else I think he deserves one more than most.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Kevlee06 said:
People deserve chances. And since he didnt do anything that hurt anyone else I think he deserves one more than most.

He hurt the entire fan base of OSU football... they will get sanctions...

I know people make mistakes... I just think this kid will have a troubled career... and I prefer it not to be here...

Most that make mistakes apologize... I don't recall Clarrett aopologizing to the OSU fans... he may have but I am not aware of it...

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Forgiving bunch around here. Fine, run cluelessly through the forest of red flags.

playit12

Reaction score
trickblue said:
He hurt the entire fan base of OSU football... they will get sanctions...

I know people make mistakes... I just think this kid will have a troubled career... and I prefer it not to be here...

Most that make mistakes apologize... I don't recall Clarrett aopologizing to the OSU fans... he may have but I am not aware of it...

OSU hurt itself by breaking the NCAA rules... I have no pity for the fan base if they can't play inside the rules. And it's not like they did Clarett any favors. They certainly weren't inviting him back to school like USC did for MW, and they didn't make any attempt to support him publically during his arrest. If I were Clarett I'm not sure I'd have much loyalty for OSU.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I have no pitty for either of them. OSU had to have known what was going on. Clarett knew what he was doing could have consequences. Clarett did it anyway, and wanted rules changed for him after he got caught.

The current American way, if I don't get my way, my lawyer can.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Gaede said:
This isn't Lawrence Phillips.

Clarett has maturity problems, not law/sociopathic problems.

You can't deny he has talent, hustle and desire on the football field. All he needs is a good strong coach.
I would say lying in a police report constitutes legal issues.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
This Clarett kid is nothing but a lying, backstabbing crybaby.......He's nothing but trouble.

Parcells has enough to worry about why add another.

Gaede

Reaction score
jterrell said:
I would say lying in a police report constitutes legal issues.

I'm sure lots of people lie to the police, even though they are good citizens

What I mean when I say law problems, is violence problems. He doesn't seem to, so far at least, have violent tendencies. He didn't stick up a convenience store. He didn't physically assault a man, or woman...

His problems so far haven't been that serious. Everybody wants to hate on the guy cause he challenged the NFL (or at least his lawyer did), and so continually magnify his problems and criticize every single fault the guy has.

I'm not saying he's gonna be great. I'm not saying we should spend a high draft pick on him.

What I am saying is this: Clarett is a good gamble past the 5th round. His problems are not extreme; rather, his problems can be addressed with discipline, a good coach who can command his respect. Parcells fits this mould. Clarett is a good football player, who does everything he can when he is on the field. I haven't read about him fighting players and coaches like Bryant. I haven't read about him just not trying when the game is on, like Moss. I HAVE seen the guy give his all when it counts, and for that reason, I wouldn't mind him on the team.

k19

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
This Clarett kid is nothing but a lying, backstabbing crybaby.......He's nothing but trouble.

Parcells has enough to worry about why add another.

Now respect your elders and listen to the man. He knows what he's talking about.

Wasnt there also a fraudulent insurance claim involved in that as well? Someone will correct me if I am wrong

This team is trying to rid itself of on and off the field cancers, why pick up another one????????

Gaede

Reaction score
Because he's not an on the field cancer

Keyshawn worked out fine.

Clarett might too