Clarett!!! : whats wrong with this guy??

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Gaede said:
Because he's not an on the field cancer

Keyshawn worked out fine.

Clarett might too

Problem is that he's not on the field to be a cancer to his team.

Reaction score
I agree Gaede,
Alot of young kids are imature at his age...
I would say more then half collegae players get something...

I am sure he has grown up alot in the off year...

But one look of him easily stiff arming almost every ones darling Sean Talor of Miami in the Bowl game showed me, the kid has big time talent...He also produced in the very tough big 10...

He won't last past the 3rd round...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
I agree Gaede,
Alot of young kids are imature at his age...
I would say more then half collegae players get something...

I am sure he has grown up alot in the off year...

But one look of him easily stiff arming almost every ones darling Sean Talor of Miami in the Bowl game showed me, the kid has big time talent...He also produced in the very tough big 10...

He won't last past the 3rd round...

Yes... he does have talent... BUT... he also has issues with his shoulder...

Gaede

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the injury concerns should be the biggest red flag with Clarett.

However, that he only played one year in college could be viewed as good or bad. On one hand you could say, 'he only played one year in college and was injured most of that season', or you could make the argument that since it was his freshman season, he was not physically prepared for the beating he would take...and that perhaps, with this experience, would workout better, train harder in order to correct this. Really, how many players in college aren't injured in some way in their first year? (rhetorical question, please don't answer!)

I think Clarett is as much a risk as Cedric Cobbs was last year

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know as you even draft the kid.

Round 6 or 7 if you can get past all the issues.
If he's even in shape, he showed up last year totally out of shape.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nors said:
I don't know as you even draft the kid.

Round 6 or 7 if you can get past all the issues.
If he's even in shape, he showed up last year totally out of shape.

I wouldn't draft him even in the 7th round. The kid is obviously a lockerroom cancer waiting to happen. Nothing good can come from adding this clown to the roster.

jimmy40

Reaction score
irvin88 said:
So did you not like Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin? Those dudes drove sports cars in college. Clarett is a steal.
I wonder how many Hummers will be in Tennessee's parking lot next year?

k19

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I wonder how many Hummers will be in Tennessee's parking lot next year?

I wont go there, thats just too easy. What does that have to do with football anyways?

trickblue

Reaction score
K19 said:
I wont go there, thats just too easy. What does that have to do with football anyways?

Ahhh yes.... good old "Rocky Top"...

VoR

Reaction score
"If a supermodel can run through the course in high heels and not get injured, I'm pretty sure Maurice Clarett can do it without getting injured," Jones said.

Well one thing is for sure after reading that comment......Clarett is really really TOUGH!!

:laugh2:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I would take a chance on him but only in the 6th round or later. No way is he a day one pick anymore and as was mentioned, he could have just signed his papers to be an UFA. But if he shows up at the combine and looks half as good as some think he will then he may go late day one or early day 2. But if he slips to the 6th round I would take a chance. Too much talent to not at least look at the idea of it.

trickblue

Reaction score
His agent pulled him out of that competition thing he was entered in...

He says that the NFL will be blown away by him at the combine... says he is in great shape...

He darn well better be...

VoR

Reaction score
trickblue said:
His agent pulled him out of that competition thing he was entered in...

He says that the NFL will be blown away by him at the combine... says he is in great shape...

He darn well better be...

If not there's always the Calgary Stampeders, Iowa Barnstormers or any number of AFL2 teams to show his stuff for.

playit12

Reaction score
The NFL is starved for quality backs...

I bet he won't last to our pick in the 3rd...
Anyone?

I don't really see how the NFL is starved for quality backs.... seems like the last couple years most teams have been able to plug in their 2nd and sometimes 3rd down on the depth chart and get good production. Plus this will be one of the best years ever for RBs in my opinion.

I think Clarett will fall to the second day. My guess would be early 4th round when people go home after the first day and realize he's still on the board.

He's a potential starter on an NFL team. That's all you need to know to pick him up before someone else does. And how many starters do you really get a shot at on the second day? And in a skill position?

Gaede

Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Clarett. That's what I base my argument on in this thread.

But there are a bunch of other backs in the draft I'd rather have

And actually, would Clarett even be willing to be a backup? I'm kind of changing my tune on him, not as a potential player, but because he probably does not fit in Dallas as well as I'd thought

k19

Reaction score
The NFL is starved for quality backs...

I bet he won't last to our pick in the 3rd...
Anyone?

All depends on how/if he shows and what his attitude is with anyone who interviews him.

IMHO he's an lacks the maturity and integrity alot of coaches want so I would be willing to say yes he will be there in the 3rd

dewey

Reaction score
that he only played one year in college
And even then he didn't play the entire year. He played 9 college games.

This kid concerns me on several levels. His maturity and his lack of willingness to take any responsibility for his mistakes and misjudgments are just two. My gut says he is NOT what the Cowboys want to bring in at this point.