Clarity forming on who Dallas will pick at #4

erod

Reaction score
I've heard this now from David Moore, Mike Fisher, Dane Brugler, and a couple of other local insiders.

Dallas' pick will be either Jalen Ramsey or Ezekiel Elliott. If they're both there, Dallas will take Ramsey. Joey Bosa is out of the running at 4.

San Diego is not going to take Ramsey, but they might trade out of the pick so another team can. That's likely the only way Dallas takes Elliott.

Unless, of course, Dallas is trades down, but those partners aren't expected to be willing to give up much.

Sounds like Jalen Ramsey it most likely will be. I'm fine with the pick, but I'd much rather have Elliott because I want immediate impact.

But if Ramsey is an Ed Reed type of player, then I'll get over it just fine.

There's supposed to be a lot of defensive linemen in Rounds 2 and 3.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
I've heard this now from David Moore, Mike Fisher, Dane Brugler, and a couple of other local insiders.

Dallas' pick will be either Jalen Ramsey or Ezekiel Elliott. If they're both there, Dallas will take Ramsey. Joey Bosa is out of the running at 4.

San Diego is not going to take Ramsey, but they might trade out of the pick so another team can. That's likely the only way Dallas takes Elliott.

Unless, of course, Dallas is trades down, but those partners aren't expected to be willing to give up much.

Sounds like Jalen Ramsey it most likely will be. I'm fine with the pick, but I'd much rather have Elliott because I want immediate impact.

Exactly what I feel, too.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Ramsey is absolutely not an Ed Reed type player. Not even close.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Agree and well laid out. From the press conference to hearing Moore yesterday, to everything else, this is what it looks like. My only fear on Ramsey is that brass sounded a little giddy about him and showed a little so there could be a trade to 3. But EE over Bosa definitely sounds right. I think Bosa was an afterthought in the discussion

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I think we have to come away with DL, DB & QB in the first 3 rounds.

I think DL & DB are a possibility not so sure about QB, more likely RD4.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I agree with it will be Ramsey. I just don't see us going gaga for a RB, no matter who it is, but obviously not my call.

The Ramsey pick frightens me. His production in college simply wasn't worthy of the #4 pick. And we are supposedly going to play him at safety? I just don't get it. Drafting a player at #4, and then changing his position seems highly risky to me. Especially for a guy that has stone hands.

But this isn't the Jerry Jones Cowboys anymore. Its Stephens show, and Stephen is about dollars and cents. We have two CB's that will be free agents next year, and free agent corners are very expensive. Thats why we will take Ramsey I believe.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

More likely that he's a Patrick Peterson type player. I'd be willing to bet anything that we won't be drafting him to be a safety. Jones will stay at FS. Ramsey will be a CB. He'll play nickel and dime. And depending on how Carr plays, may even take over for him at some point. Then when Carr and Claiborne are done after this year, Ramsey will be our starter at CB in 2017.

When Ramsey gets to camp, he will make Carr look like the mediocre player that he is. Ramsey will make rookie mistakes and needs more playing time at CB to fully develop his skills, but make no mistake, he will be a Pro Bowl corner.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

I don't see Dallas taking Elliot when they already re-signed three running backs, nor trading down and for me, Ramsey is the selection if he's there at 4, San Diego didn't even bring Ramsey in for a visit so I don't see SD selecting him, either Tunsil of Buckner to SD, I'm leaning towards Buckner since their defensive against the run was horrible last year..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree with it will be Ramsey. I just don't see us going gaga for a RB, no matter who it is, but obviously not my call.

The Ramsey pick frightens me. His production in college simply wasn't worthy of the #4 pick. And we are supposedly going to play him at safety? I just don't get it. Drafting a player at #4, and then changing his position seems highly risky to me. Especially for a guy that has stone hands.

But this isn't the Jerry Jones Cowboys anymore. Its Stephens show, and Stephen is about dollars and cents. We have two CB's that will be free agents next year, and free agent corners are very expensive. Thats why we will take Ramsey I believe.

Ramsey will be a corner for Dallas but hopefully we see him used all over the place. He can do it all.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't see Dallas taking Elliot when they already re-signed three running backs, nor trading down and for me, Ramsey is the selection if he's there at 4, San Diego didn't even bring Ramsey in for a visit so I don't see SD selecting him, either Tunsil of Buckner to SD, I'm leaning towards Buckner since their defensive against the run was horrible last year..

Maybe the Jags would give us their 2 for us not to take Ramsey? Would they do something that crazy?

Western

Reaction score
His production at FSU is no where near either Ed Reed's or Sean Taylor's collegiate production at the University of Miami.
Selecting at no. 4, and "hoping" & "projecting" the pick turns out to be like a past NFL star player is a recipe for disaster.

"Fool's gold".

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I would be okay with those two or Tunsil too.

Doug Free is probably pretty much done at the completion of his current contract. He will be 34 during the 2017 season. With Tunsil, Doug can become a swing tackle either this year or next.

We've still haven't seen anything from Chaz Green, so there is no way I put my eggs in that basket.

robjay04

Reaction score
San Diego is not going to take Ramsey

I still see plenty of mocks, some of which are on their official website, showing the Chargers taking Ramsey. They could use secondary help with Weddle leaving so I wouldn't write them off on taking him. I don't understand why so many are assuming they will pass on him.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I still contend that if you fix your D line, you fix your secondary at the same time. If you fix your secondary.......it doesn't do anything to fix your D line. It just seems like a waste to me. A great D line can make an average secondary look great.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
His production at FSU is no where near either Ed Reed's or Sean Taylor's collegiate production at the University of Miami.
Selecting at no. 4, and "hoping" & "projecting" the pick turns out to be like a past NFL star player is a recipe for disaster.

"Fool's gold".

your right, but it's just they way the Cowboys operate. Hang on for the ride you never no were Jerry Jones takes the fans....

cowboys1985

Reaction score

I agree with this take. If/when it comes down to either Ramsey vs Elliot I don't think its possible to mess that up (I just cursed it!). I do realize this message board will go crazy by both Team Zeke and Team Jalen fanboys. Having said that, I think a probability still exists that SD will take Buckner which would put Tunsil, Ramsey and Elliot on the board for us. In that situation I think some team in the 6-10 range will want to trade up with us to get either of those 3. It's another ideal situation for Dallas. If we could pull off Elliot at 6-8 and also picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, I think we would hit the jackpot.