Clarity forming on who Dallas will pick at #4

BermyStar

Reaction score
I still see plenty of mocks, some of which are on their official website, showing the Chargers taking Ramsey. They could use secondary help with Weddle leaving so I wouldn't write them off on taking him. I don't understand why so many are assuming they will pass on him.

They signed Dwight Lowery. Not saying they can't use secondary help, but the signing of Lowery has been overlooked.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I can see somebody like the bears trading with the chargers for zeke.

Dang a ton of people on here have got me wanting zeke now!

They reported on NFLN the Zeke said the Bears love him the most and the Bears know who they are selecting.

How could the Bears know who the are selecting @ 9, the plot thickens.

erod

Reaction score
More likely that he's a Patrick Peterson type player. I'd be willing to bet anything that we won't be drafting him to be a safety. Jones will stay at FS. Ramsey will be a CB. He'll play nickel and dime. And depending on how Carr plays, may even take over for him at some point. Then when Carr and Claiborne are done after this year, Ramsey will be our starter at CB in 2017.

When Ramsey gets to camp, he will make Carr look like the mediocre player that he is. Ramsey will make rookie mistakes and needs more playing time at CB to fully develop his skills, but make no mistake, he will be a Pro Bowl corner.

Scandrick is a starter.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
His production at FSU is no where near either Ed Reed's or Sean Taylor's collegiate production at the University of Miami.
Selecting at no. 4, and "hoping" & "projecting" the pick turns out to be like a past NFL star player is a recipe for disaster.

"Fool's gold".

Patrick Peterson had 135 tackles and 7 int in three years
Jalen Ramsey had 181 tackles and 3 int in three years

Tell me how many times each were thrown at?

Ramsey also had PFF's highest grade at CB this year. Allowed one TD.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I agree it will most likely be Ramsey and that excites me. If he is gone (which I don't expect) I'd be giddy with the thought of Zeke behind this line. Simply put, the Cowboys won't be upsetting me on the first day of the draft this year. As for Friday and Saturday...finger's crossed.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson had 135 tackles and 7 int in three years
Jalen Ramsey had 181 tackles and 3 int in three years

Tell me how many times each were thrown at?

Ramsey also had PFF's highest grade at CB this year. Allowed one TD.

Throw JR's the sack numbers in there as well.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think has been the consensus among most fans and media since before the draft PC with Bosa in the mix and now post draft PC the Bosa idea no longer seems to be in the mix.

Now...what if they finally bluffed everybody and their grandma and Take Bosa or some other player like Lynch, Lawson or Buckner.

That would be a whoa

coogrfan

Reaction score
Sounds like Jalen Ramsey it most likely will be. I'm fine with the pick, but I'd much rather have Elliott because I want immediate impact.

But if Ramsey is an Ed Reed type of player, then I'll get over it just fine.

Ed Reed - 45 games played in college, 21 ints (17 in his last two seasons)

Jalen Ramsey - 42 games played in college, 3 ints (none in his final 17 games).

Seems fairly clear to me that Ramsey is no Ed Reed.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive seen some on this board that think Reed was not worth a top 10 pick

Some just don't think a position or positions are worth top ten picks.

I would say that if you have a HOF type DB or RB...take that player.

It is now on that player to prove it on the field and takes that team to put that player in the right situation to prove it on the field.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I've heard this now from David Moore, Mike Fisher, Dane Brugler, and a couple of other local insiders.

Dallas' pick will be either Jalen Ramsey or Ezekiel Elliott. If they're both there, Dallas will take Ramsey. Joey Bosa is out of the running at 4.

San Diego is not going to take Ramsey, but they might trade out of the pick so another team can. That's likely the only way Dallas takes Elliott.

Unless, of course, Dallas is trades down, but those partners aren't expected to be willing to give up much.

Sounds like Jalen Ramsey it most likely will be. I'm fine with the pick, but I'd much rather have Elliott because I want immediate impact.

But if Ramsey is an Ed Reed type of player, then I'll get over it just fine.

There's supposed to be a lot of defensive linemen in Rounds 2 and 3.

exactly how i feel. I just hope if we go Ramsey. We keep him at Safety. I rather have a Ed Reed\Earl thomas then a Claiborne.

Reaction score
I still see plenty of mocks, some of which are on their official website, showing the Chargers taking Ramsey. They could use secondary help with Weddle leaving so I wouldn't write them off on taking him. I don't understand why so many are assuming they will pass on him.

Because they drafted a CB high last year (verrett) and signed another CB this offseason (casey hayward from GB). ANd they probably dont feel like investing #3 overall in a S is worth it.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I can see somebody like the bears trading with the chargers for zeke.

Dang a ton of people on here have got me wanting zeke now!

Why would they trade for Elliot? They have Langford who had a very good year as a rookie and will continue to get better.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not gonna lie .....I want Zeke, and will be disappointed in anything else.

I will cry and moan for weeks on end if I do not get what I want.

I will badmouth whoever they pick and hate on him even if he becomes a good player.

Oh wait ........ I have a life.

erod

Reaction score

Interceptions are supremely overrated.

You can't intercept what isn't thrown your way. PFF ranked Ramsey as the #1 corner in college after giving up only one TD.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

And this is why I think he is a SS