Clearly they should of hired a Defensive minded coach

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Frankly, the defense was fine under Marinelli considering the level of talent it had. The problem is that the front office doesn't have a clue how to build a roster.

You just have been watching another team if you think the defense has been good. Its been the biggest problem for the last 25 years overall.

JBS

Reaction score
If you would've told me this was gonna happen then yeah I would've took another year of Garrett over this. I'd rather have neither but if a gun was pointed to my head..........yeah id' say no to McCarthy if it meant no to Mike Nolan.

Garrett vs McCarthy is a different argument. Garrett's time here was done. There is no arguing against that. McCarthys time here should probably be over too. But that's highly unlikely.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The premise of what you're saying is spot on...

Thing is....if Moore goes then Jerry's plan of his next hand picked genius goes away.

They have a true mess on their hands right now.

First....MM was desperate for a job. WHY he was guaranteed FIVE years with a win now team I'll never figure out.

My very biggest concern moving ahead is bringing in all these Nolan types through the draft the next few years then having to can him anyway.

Clearly almost no one on the current teams defense excels in Nolans scheme.

HOW on earth no one saw this is beyond me.

I would disagree with your last statement. There are many teams that run a multiple defense. After last night, really don't think Nolan has any chance of returning. Wouldn't be surprised if Jerry tells his old friend Wade Phillips to clear his schedule after the new year. I think he is going to do the hiring, not MM.

Aftershock

Reaction score
A defensive minded coach isn’t going to fix Jaylon giving 15% effort, Aldon Smith not caring anymore, Xavier Woods boneheaded football IQ, and LVE’s poor instincts. We need to overhaul the whole defensive unit. Prompto.

Rayman70

Reaction score
wouldnt have mattered what defensive minded coach we hired. the players stink. It takes good players to implement any scheme. We simply dont have them. Nolan has been awful foresure, but he hasn't been given much to work with honestly. I do like Tomsula to be named the d coord. I think that would be a massive upgrade. Philbin is a solid oline coach. Outside of them, fire everyone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Off the top of my head...

Vrabel
Patricia
Lynn
Quinn
McDermott

All defensive HCs, all have terrible defenses. Hiring a defensive HC is pointless.
exactly you saved me a post..

to the OP hindsight is awesome and great you coulda woulda shoulda done something different

however no new coaching staff could coach this team to much of a better record , its very shorthanded and wounded, you act as if MM has full deck and looked this bad he had half deck, stacked against him/

the injuries' cant be ignored, of you think a defensive minded coach could take the exact team and scenarios that happened since the offseason began and been much better i say you are clueless..

this is most season mostly do to injuries'..

and you are correct you had no reason to post this MM been getting bashed for 5 weeks now and as you said it won't change the fact

HE WILL BE BACK

Rayman70

Reaction score
A defensive minded coach isn’t going to fix Jaylon giving 15% effort, Aldon Smith not caring anymore, Xavier Woods boneheaded football IQ, and LVE’s poor instincts. We need to overhaul the whole defensive unit. Prompto.
^^^^THIS^^^ WOODS is a monumental idiot and a lazy bum. He isn't even very good to begin with and couple the fact that he loafs, we gotta can his ***.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
You get the Golden Star Award!! Glad someone else sees this. You could of easily made Moore OC. Why the Hades do you hire a offensive minded head coach when your offense was one of the best last season. And your defense was one of the worst? We needed riverboat Ron to be head coach. Not Big Mac Mike. Jerry runs this team like a luxury country club. You not in the click you get the slip. Man I wish Jerry Jones was NEVER part of the Dallas Cowboys.
Jerry runs the team like a man who thinks he has it all figured out. Willful ignorance is a dangerous thing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this league is about players. Good players get coaches stability and the bad players get them fired. Fair or not, thats the way it works.

stiletto

Reaction score
Your letting the players off the hook by blaming coaching. And Im sure coaching is an issue. Having 3 weeks to install a new scheme where most of the players suck or dont match your scheme is not easy.

Not rocket science. Make the read, make the tackle. Watching these clowns take bad angles, be out of position, and whiff on tackles has nothing to do with coaching. They were doing the same thing for Marinelli. When its the same players in multiple coaches with multiple schemes, then its the players.

I see your point but it wasn't THIS bad even with Marinelli. This is all time historic bad.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I see your point but it wasn't THIS bad even with Marinelli. This is all time historic bad.
they hate Nolan and they show it on game day. They loved Rod. That said, that is inexcusable when you get paid a kings ransom to play a game and do a job.

stiletto

Reaction score
they hate Nolan and they show it on game day. They loved Rod. That said, that is inexcusable when you get paid a kings ransom to play a game and do a job.

Yep, they've showed their true colors. Either that or Nolan has to be the worst person on the planet...not to mention coach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Titans seem to be pretty good on d to me. So does buffalo.
point is weve seen many defensive minded HCs fail wade, ryan brothers , and many others its no guarantee..

the premise is moot anyway no coach, especially a new staff could coach this team that was beyond decimated by injuries' to every key positions 3 deep in some cases..

people want to skim over those facts as excuses when its clear

weve basically played with 3rd string roster for the last 8 or so weeks..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yep, they've showed their true colors. Either that or Nolan has to be the worst person on the planet...not to mention coach.
Its sadly what todays players do. They cancel you essentially when you hurt their feelings. They take a stand lol and they just stop listening. IMO, that is what has happened. They checked out. AGAIN, that is inexcusable. They get paid to perform and produce. They are more concerned about their "messaging" than their job. Its disgusting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Plenty of legitimate reasons why this has been historically bad.

-3 week offseason to install a new scheme
-No preseason
-Mass of injuries and loss in FA of Jones.
-Wrong player for Nolans scheme