Video: Clip Emerges of Jerry Jones Making Racially-Charged Joke

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So using the word “black” is now considered racially insensitive and racist... gotta love today’s America.

And even worse - Jerry Jones is apologizing as if he said something bad

Only a matter of time before the President’s House will have to change its name!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
or, or, hear me out. maybe the races who are more experienced in dealing with racism, or the ones who are the butt of these crappy jokes may have a better perspective than others.

Or, or...not. You're suggesting that some races are better able to define racism...as if their opinion on what is racist has more value. That is not right, at all.

And butt of these jokes? Who exactly was the "butt" of this joke?

I've seen/heard 1000 times more jokes with a "non-ethnic" as the butt.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So using the word “black” is now considered racially insensitive and racist... gotta love today’s America.

Only a matter of time before the President’s House will have to change its name!
It is not the word black itself...... it is the idea that the bride to be, Jennifer or Becky to quote Beyonce, would be more offended by the bachelor sleeping with a black woman........ he could have said stripper or prostitute or something else

aria

Reaction score

Just answer me this, honestly maybe I'm over looking something but why did he even say black? How on earth is that relevant if there aren't racial undertones?

Couldn't he have made the same joke by saying "now you know he's with another girl tonight"? I just don't get it.

Again, I'm not saying it's a huge deal but I could see why some people may be offended by it and Jerry is a moron and needs to be put on a short leash with a muzzle. Perhaps he should hire his own babysitters, it worked for Dez.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
What was a "stupid joke" 20 years ago is a "trigger" worthy offense now.

You really need to get up with how things roll now.

I prefer previous decades when we would let bygones be bygones. I love the TV show The Orville that satirized today's social media environment. Their entire system of justice was based on people up-voting or down-voting people, and if you got too many down votes, you would be punished by being lobotomized into an empty and totally PC being.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Or, or...not. You're suggesting that some races are better able to define racism...as if their opinion on what is racist has more value. That is not right, at all.

And butt of these jokes? Who exactly was the "butt" of this joke?

I've seen/heard 1000 times more jokes with a "non-ethnic" as the butt.

i'm saying you can't define what is or isnt racism if you're not talking about your own race.

if you make a comment about another race to someone of that race, can you tell them if they should consider that comment racist? no, you can't.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just answer me this, honestly maybe I'm over looking something but why did he even say black? How on earth is that relevant if there aren't racial undertones?

Couldn't he have made the same joke by saying "now you know he's with another girl tonight"? I just don't get it.

Again, I'm not saying it's a huge deal but I could see why some people may be offended by it and Jerry is a moron and needs to be put on a short leash with a muzzle. Perhaps he should hire his own babysitters, it worked for Dez.

Agreed on that. Specifying an ethnicity wasn't necessary. I just don't like how overly sensitive some people are these days. But you're right with what you're saying

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Not that I really saw anything wrong with what jerry said, it's always funny to see non ethnic people deciding what is and isn't racist
So what if two "ethnic" people disagree on what is racist. Does it take 1, 10, 50? the person with more twitter followers? WHo is the arbiter ?

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score

They only showed a brief clip of the conversation. Why? Where's the rest?

It's obvious to me, someone is trying to make Jerry look bad here. Without knowing the full conversation, how can we give it any context?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Considering some of the drunken Jerry pictures that have leaked over the years, I'm only surprised we don't see a more steady flow of these sorts of videos.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
For what?? A man in his position should be mindful of what comes out of his mouth. I am not pulling the race card but being a black man I don't see the humor in this at all.

You and me both, how dumb you gotta be to make the joke, half drunk on video. But going thru the thread I find it funny how other races tell another race what is offensive. And don’t forget, a black man was there when he made the joke, so that makes it ok for how all blacks people should feel.

Radiashun

Reaction score
Jerry looked like he was so drunk he could hardly keep his eyes open, but I would need to know what the conversation was prior to this before coming to any conclusion.

I think that was the point of this. They wanted to spread this because Jerry was trashed in the video, not because he said something racist. But because race was mentioned in the video, it's going to get a lot more attention. The end result is people are going to see it and realize there's nothing racist about it, but they ARE seeing the man going after Goodell and not playing nice with the league drunk off his ***.

Radiashun

Reaction score
What I'd really like to see is ALL the owners cannabalize themselves. It sure would make things interesting and fun if all kinds of dirt started coming out about all of them. On the other hand I just want to watch some f'in football without all the extracurricular bs that's been going on. Perhaps they can call a truce until the off season then go at it.

So you're saying you'd like to see....A Vulgar Display of Power?

Proximo

Reaction score
Again, I'm not saying it's a huge deal but I could see why some people may be offended by it

And so what if they are?

Maybe they should get over it and move on. Or maybe they shouldn't care so much in the 1st place about some random comment from 2013 made by some random billionaire that they don't even know.

He wasn't addressing the public when he made the comment; it was a dumb joke he made in a social setting. Big deal. It wasn't racist and he's obviously not a racist.

Fake news at it's finest.