Video: Clip Emerges of Jerry Jones Making Racially-Charged Joke

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Something I have been pondering........

This feud has been brewing for awhile behind the scenes, not just a recent event. Why would the NFL have the draft in Dallas then. Was it to maybe pacify Jones hoping he backed off and this never hit the media?

I would think the draft would have been elsewhere. Why would Goodell expose himself to be there in April if he knew this was going to get ugly?

I just can't put two and two together here........

Kevinicus

Reaction score
i'm saying you can't define what is or isnt racism if you're not talking about your own race.

if you make a comment about another race to someone of that race, can you tell them if they should consider that comment racist? no, you can't.

Yes, you can. They don't have to listen to you, but you most certainly can.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
This thread is exposing a lot of people. How can you not see that there is something wrong with the way Jerry conducts himself? Although this wasn’t racist it’s still something that shouldn’t have been said let alone joked about. Stephen needs to be the face because Jerry is hurting the team with this foolishness.

:facepalm:

What was wrong with what Jerry said? Be specific and detailed.

412-DCN

Reaction score
I think most have yelled about Jerry in his drunken faze. I remember a lot of yelling going on with him and the party bus. That's old news. This was leaked for the sole purpose of pressuring Jerry from his vendetta against the Commish. I don't believe for one minute that Jerry's a racist. He may be a lot of things but a racist isn't one of them. And considering some of the things Jerry may have said when he was drunk this is tame. And none of those owners or that Commish has clean hands.
:facepalm:

What was wrong with what Jerry said? Be specific and detailed.

Again insensitive jokes aren’t funny if you don’t see the wrong with what was said fine, I can’t make you just know it was funny at all.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What’s disgusting is these ‘new age’ papparazi’s by happenstanc because they got a cell phone that will leak any information to make a quick buck if given a chance...

People like Jerry love the spotlight, you can't than be upset when some one catches you doing something stupid in that same spotlight you created. It comes with the territory. I don't think any of the drunken Jerry stuff that has been brought to light is even that bad. People need to relax.

aria

Reaction score
Funny how some people fail to realize that since they aren't offended that no one else should be either or that they're too sensitive. I'm not offended but a black co worker of mine was. Does that mean everyone who is black should be offended? No, just like I don't expect everyone who isn't offended to expect everyone else to feel the same way.

It's amazing that some of you who aren't offended still refuse to acknowledge that what he said was inappropriate and stupid. No one has answered this yet. Again, if there weren't racial undertones why did he even mention her being black instead of just saying another woman? Where is the humor in that? I'm not saying he's racist but he's certainly a f'in moron that needs to shut his mouth.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
What is the issue here? Not even in the same universe to what Donald Sterling said. Read what Sanders said about Jones, it is true. I know someone who played for Jerry and he told me Jerry is the most generous man he has ever met. Yes, my friend is African American.

links18

Reaction score
Funny how some people fail to realize that since they aren't offended that no one else should be either or that they're too sensitive. I'm not offended but a black co worker of mine was. Does that mean everyone who is black should be offended? No, just like I don't expect everyone who isn't offended to expect everyone else to feel the same way.

It's amazing that some of you who aren't offended still refuse to acknowledge that what he said was inappropriate and stupid. No one has answered this yet. Again, if there weren't racial undertones why did he even mention her being black instead of just saying another woman? Where is the humor in that? I'm not saying he's racist but he's certainly a f'in moron that needs to shut his mouth.

Do I think Jerry is a racist? No, not based on that clip. Do I think the chief executive of the Dallas Cowboys had any business making that joke in public and straight to a camera no less? Of course not, if its nothing else, it was an incredibly hamfisted potential PR nightmare and Jerry did it anyway. Sometimes he cant help himself. You'd expect more intelligence from a corporate officer, but the sauce appeared to have been flowing that night, which may be a problem in its own right. I hope he didn't drive home.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Keep flapping your gums Jerry, you're sounding more and more like Donald Sterling every day and you have to know there's more videos or tapes of him out there making the same type of comments about other women too....League might just take your franchise away and put it up for sale....

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Again insensitive jokes aren’t funny if you don’t see the wrong with what was said fine, I can’t make you just know it was funny at all.
I didn't say it was funny. I just don't think it's a big deal.

aria

Reaction score
Do I think Jerry is a racist? No, not based on that clip. Do I think the chief executive of the Dallas Cowboys had any business making that joke in public and straight to a camera no less? Of course not, if its nothing else, it was an incredibly hamfisted potential PR nightmare and Jerry did it anyway. Sometimes he cant help himself. You'd expect more intelligence from a corporate officer, but the sauce appeared to have been flowing that night, which may be a problem in its own right. I hope he didn't drive home.
Got the sauce part right. As much as I hate Jerry I would love to have several drinks with him as long as we didn't talk football (I might want to strangle him).

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Keep flapping your gums Jerry, you're sounding more and more like Donald Sterling every day and you have to know there's more videos or tapes of him out there making the same type of comments about other women too....League might just take your franchise away and put it up for sale....

The lawsuit would cripple the NFL. If the owners can't stomach the Deflate Gate cost just wait for this bill. NFL owners have a good track record of winning against the NFL. Mainly Davis and Jones. The NFL even lost a lawsuit to the USFL but the jury got cute on the damages and the Judge let it stand. As is stands the NFL is facing Kaepernick, Aaron Hernandez lawsuit (reopening the CTE debate), and now Jones.

links18

Reaction score
The lawsuit would cripple the NFL. If the owners can't stomach the Deflate Gate cost just wait for this bill. NFL owners have a good track record of winning against the NFL. Mainly Davis and Jones. The NFL even lost a lawsuit to the USFL but the jury got cute on the damages and the Judge let it stand. As is stands the NFL is facing Kaepernick, Aaron Hernandez lawsuit (reopening the CTE debate), and now Jones.

Sounds like Fallia's husband's law firm is in for a windfall.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Insensitive to who?

Basically, you can't explain how it's wrong.