Video: Clip Emerges of Jerry Jones Making Racially-Charged Joke

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
To me, it looks as if Jerry was just making fun of a guy who may be known for dating white girls but happened to be dating a black girl that night. Who hasn't made a similar joke like that?

aria

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me what about that comment was racist or offensive? Just because you mention someone as white/black/etc does not make a comment disparaging.
Have you read the entire thread?

I'm not offended but it's already been explained twice why some people may be offended. On the other hand, I've asked at least three times why his "joke" is supposed to be funny and why it was necessary to mention that she was black and I have yet to reason an answer. Can you please explain it to me?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Have you read the entire thread?

I'm not offended but it's already been explained twice why some people may be offended. On the other hand, I've asked at least three times why his "joke" is supposed to be funny and why it was necessary to mention that she was black and I have yet to reason an answer. Can you please explain it to me?
No, I didn't read the entire 20 page thread about a tiny comment made by Jones.

But seriously, if anyone is actually offended by that you need to kys because you're part of the problem with society today.

Noryb

Reaction score
The whole idea that white people can't talk about what is offensive or not and that it is OK if a couple black people allow it is ridiculous........ we are all here on a ProFootball board with educated opinions although none of us played Pro ball(maybe a few)....... people can have rational discussions on any topic they are familiar with and knowledgeable about...... we might not share all the nuances and experiences but we damn sure can speak on it
I personally didn't find it offensive myself but having an opinion on whether something is offensive or not and telling someone they shouldn't be offended is two different things.

Noryb

Reaction score
But seriously, if anyone is actually offended by that you need to kys because you're part of the problem with society today.

I've read this before, do people really think this is the biggest hurdle facing society today? If so, what point in history was society at it's best?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I've read this before, do people really think this is the biggest hurdle facing society today? If so, what point in history was society at it's best?
It's just annoying that there is a certain group of people that want to make everything about race. Some people are white, some people are black, some people are Hispanic, etc. Acknowledging those facts doesn't make you a racist.

coult44

Reaction score
I asked all my kids today (all are 1/2 black) if they weee offended by this? All laughed and said what, the word black? I asked all their friends today (most who are black) were they offended my this? They all laughed. We are a doomed society because we let the media tell us what is offensive !!! Can any black folks on here tell me if this offended you? I will not argue or debate you, if it did I apologize for him. I'm just wondering

black label

Reaction score
And you're a dumbazz. Great explanation, way to answer my question.
173792-Dont-Worry.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn’t think what Jerry said was offensive needs their head examined.