Video: Clip Emerges of Jerry Jones Making Racially-Charged Joke

Soth

Reaction score
What an arrogant POS. I guess nothing offends you, I'd love to see your reaction to some of the things that piss you off and then call you a baby and a "least common denominator". Ironic coming from someone with a baby as an avatar.

I am sure some stuff you say will offend someone somewhere. It is impossible to never offend someone. Is that the new standard?

Jerry made a bad joke, and I can understand why the bride or the groom could be offended, but that's it. I am not sure why this makes the national news. 3 years ago Jerry made a bad/insensitive joke, wow what a revelation! He should apologize to the bride and groom and that's it, not to the world.

If he needs to apologize to the "public" for this, then the public needs to apologize for all the insensitive stuff they have said over the years. This obsession with stuff caught on video is insane. People can do a lot of bad stuff and as long as it is not caught on video, nobody cares. You do something slightly bad on video and it makes the front page of ESPN and you need to issue a public apology.

I am sure Jerry has said worse stuff than this, but not on video. He is not apologizing for all those things he has said. Does it make sense? I really don't get why he apologized to the public. Does this mean he is apologizing to me? Why? I was not there at the wedding, the joke was not directed at me, it happened 3 years ago.

Again, I am not saying the joke was not insensitive. It was not appropriate, and I can see the bride thinking the joke was insensitive. And being drunk is not an excuse. Jerry should stop drinking so much in public places or he will get into worse trouble.

Oh and by the way, I am not a conservative. My opinion is not due to political bias. These are my thoughts based on thinking logically.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It isn't not about being soft..... it is self inflicted wounds by this drunken idiot all the time

If he reversed the genders and told the groom to be that the bachelorette was going home with a black guy tonight nobody would have a problem seeing the racial overtones....why is this different?

Nobody would care about that other alternative, either.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah, I am sorry anyone thinks that id inappropriate. And by sorry, I mean I feel real sincere pity. I can't imagine living my life being bothered even the smallest bit by that. It must be why there are so many that can't handle when real truly bad things happen.
That is so lame....... you are acting like an offended baby because other people are acting like offended babies in your eyes........ pot meet kettle

It is what it is .......just another in a long line of stupid things our drunken fool for an owner has said or done to embarrass a once proud but now joke of a franchise

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, I am sorry anyone thinks that is inappropriate. And by sorry, I mean I feel real sincere pity. I can't imagine living my life being bothered even the smallest bit by that, and being completely unable to laugh at anything.. It must be why there are so many that can't handle when real truly bad things happen.
Who said people who are bothered by this can't laugh at anything? What you may consider small others may consider big, it's a difference of opinion and some may have deeper ties to something you think is trivial. Why can't you acknowledge that instead of criticizing people and demeaning them?

I promise you there are some things I would laugh at that you think are sick and I should be locked up for and there are probably small things that you laugh at that may have affected me directly at some point in my life so I don't find it so funny. It's sad that you're so narrow minded and arrogant.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The same purveyor of wisdom that had a hissy fit last week because Tony Romo said he didn't like to tackle....... I don't need a deep thinker like Deion to guide my reactions

What astounds me is the pick and choose mentality of people.

Romo said something about Deion. Everyone, including Deion, knew he had that rep. Deion, like so many men, has played the Dozen's before. The oneupmanship guys do. It was on TV. No big deal. But it was Romo, and there is a cult following that races to protect Romo from any liability or culpability.

Yet here is Deion praising Jerry and suggesting if you want to find a racist, don't look at Jerry Jones.

Oh wait, it appears you didn't read it. If I'm wrong, I apologize. If not, way to keep an open mind.

Reaction score
It is OK for you to say it or anyone else that isn't an Owner in a league were 70% of the players are black.....if 5% of the people are offended that is way too many for a business that needs all the good PR it can get........ it is an unforced error that only hurts...... it doesn't help

And I don't see anyone making a Federal case out of it but just pretending like it didn't happen isn't fair either
The problem is that I can say the sky is blue and 10% of the population will be offended.

Pretty soon we will end up in a society where people live their entire lives without saying a single word.

Or at least it seems like it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And so it begins to turn ugly. Was only a matter of time before the PR hit the press.

Jerry Jones is officially at war with Roger Goodell and anyone who supports the commissioner. He's been fighting Goodell over the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott, which is why this story is so strange.

A video has been leaked to The Blast of Jerry Jones making racially charged comments to a fan in, just days after he's gone to war with the league.............

http://www.12up.com/posts/5814376-v...ones-making-racially-charged-joke?a_aid=36553
I'm sure there is alot of dirt out there on Jerry.

aria

Reaction score
I am sure some stuff you say will offend someone somewhere. It is impossible to never offend someone. Is that the new standard?

Jerry made a bad joke, and I can understand why the bride or the groom could be offended, but that's it. I am not sure why this makes the national news. 3 years ago Jerry made a bad/insensitive joke, wow what a revelation! He should apologize to the bride and groom and that's it, not to the world.

If he needs to apologize to the "public" for this, then the public needs to apologize for all the insensitive stuff they have said over the years. This obsession with stuff caught on video is insane. People can do a lot of bad stuff and as long as it is not caught on video, nobody cares. You do something slightly bad on video and it makes the front page of ESPN and you need to issue a public apology.

I am sure Jerry has said worse stuff than this, but not on video. He is not apologizing for all those things he has said. Does it make sense? I really don't get why he apologized to the public. Does this mean he is apologizing to me? Why? I was not there at the wedding, the joke was not directed at me, it happened 3 years ago.

Again, I am not saying the joke was not insensitive. It was not appropriate, and I can see the bride thinking the joke was insensitive. And being drunk is not an excuse. Jerry should stop drinking so much in public places or he will get into worse trouble.

Oh and by the way, I am not a conservative. My opinion is not due to political bias. These are my thoughts based on thinking logically.
I completely agree it shouldn't have made national news but it did and as far as I know we're making a bigger deal out of it on this site than anywhere else. I disagree that the only people he needs to apologize to are the bride and groom. In this day and age, unfortunately everything is most likely being recorded and when Jerry knowingly got in front of someone's phone and said those things he took the risk of being exposed/responsible for what he said. This has happened with political figures to employees at private companies, just because something may have been meant to be private doesn't dismiss what he did or said. I'm not saying I like it but that's the reality. Anyways, I appreciate the cordial response even though we may have some slight disagreements.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That is so lame....... you are acting like an offended baby because other people are acting like offended babies in your eyes........ pot meet kettle

It is what it is .......just another in a long line of stupid things our drunken fool for an owner has said or done to embarrass a once proud but now joke of a franchise

I am not offended in the least. I am calling something out as lame.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What astounds me is the pick and choose mentality of people.

Romo said something about Deion. Everyone, including Deion, knew he had that rep. Deion, like so many men, has played the Dozen's before. The oneupmanship guys do. It was on TV. No big deal. But it was Romo, and there is a cult following that races to protect Romo from any liability or culpability.

Yet here is Deion praising Jerry and suggesting if you want to find a racist, don't look at Jerry Jones.

Oh wait, it appears you didn't read it. If I'm wrong, I apologize. If not, way to keep an open mind.
:huh:

What Sanders said about Jerry is true and what Romo said about Sanders was also true.
I missed your point.
Honest question; What again are you implying?

If you're saying Deion was not butt hurt about the comment and was just gaming Romo, I disagree. He wasn't just playing the Dozens. It came across by Mike Irvin and just about everyone else as much more than that.
Now where does Jerry factor in here?

Last edited:

black label

Reaction score
I'm far from a snowflake and I acknowledged it's not a big deal to me but I also acknowledged that I could see how some people could be offended by this.

Someone here already acknowledged how it could be perceived as racist with a good explanation. Please tell me if it was just supposed to be a joke why did he specifically say "a black girl"? Why is that funny?
Yep your a snowflake.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
The league is trying to make him into a Donald Sterling. Notice the difference in player reactions between the two

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
:huh:

What Sanders said about Jerry is true and what Romo said about Sanders was also true.
I missed your point.
Honest question; What again are you implying?

If you're saying Deion was not butt hurt about the comment and was just gaming Romo, I disagree. He wasn't just playing the Dozens. It came across by Mike Irvin and just about everyone else as much more than that.
Now where does Jerry factor in here?

I heard two distinct radio programs on different channels, each addressing at length in regard to this event. One for close to an hour, and actually had two different segments on it. The prevalent thinking was this wasn't that big a deal, and maybe Romo will think next time before making a comment about a Hall of fame player. Because there is that aspect wherein people just don't rail in public on Hall of Famers. It's an unwritten courtesy in the league, apparently. I had no idea about that, but can see how that would work between players. R_E_S_P_E_C_T. Especially if one is not a Hall of Famer and tossing the gauntlet down. So there is two sides to this. Irvin is very protective of Dallas players and Romo specifically.Perhaps Romo will refrain from making a joke next time.

And yet even if your theory of the Romo/Deion event is more aligned with the truth, you ignored Deion was being serious about Jerry. He was standing up for the owner in what was clearly - to me - an aside among friends that had no ill intent. Jerry popped off on camera. Like we all do. But without our comments being leaked to the press for a got cha moment. My belief is this is the league, and Goodell in particular who made this public, or it was brought to him and he used it.

I am not a Deion fan. But I see far too much homerism that defends one group or person over another because of a bias that colors common sense.

Deion played for Jerry. Learned at Jerry's knee how to take his earnings and build wealth. He has stated this over and over. As he has about Snyder of the Commanders.

And the one thing about the less than deep thinker Deion is, he will say what he thinks on air. Deep thoughts or frivolous musings. Deion will call it like he sees it. He can be wrong, but nonetheless, if he speaks people listen. So if Jerry was a benign racist, Deion would pull no punches. And that is why his endorsement is both valid and important.

Sorry you pushed a button. Again, I am not a Deion fan. I like Jerry a great deal, even though there are times I'd like to push the eject button when he says or does something which is ill advised.

But again, this is a fire storm with the intent to paint Jerry in a light that he does not deserve. And I find that disgusting that we live in a time when using the term racist is the spearhead for pulling down an opponent, when the term may not fit at all.

Goodell has power under consent of the league and his performance. Jerry has power as a major player in the league. To use this as a tool to pull down Jerry in a covert way is dastardly. Frankly the league should be more concerned with this "video" and who put it out there. If it is the Commish, then he should be fired immediately for undermining the league and an owner who is his boss.

Something about wanting 50 million a year, lifetime health insurance, and a private jet speaks about an ego which would have no qualms in falsifying a position to elevate his status or person.

Hmmmm, kinda like ignoring the investigator and sentencing Zeke without any recourse to face his accuser.

So you see, this is much "deeper" than just Deion and Romo.

Last edited:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me what about that comment was racist or offensive? Just because you mention someone as white/black/etc does not make a comment disparaging.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me what about that comment was racist or offensive? Just because you mention someone as white/black/etc does not make a comment disparaging.

At worst I’d say it’s a slightly inappropriate joke depending on who you’re talking to and I guess it could be taken as offensive in that manner but that all seems like a reach. Definitely doesn’t seem racist at all

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think everyone here pretty much agrees that it was much ado about nothing.