Twitter: Clowney likely out of Cowboys price range

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you pay him 20 you're gonna end up having to pay Armstrong 30. That's the problem.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'd pay him 15M for a one year rental. It's not my money and the team clearly doesn't have their sights on any other big names/contracts.

He may be a little overrated, but he'd immediately be the second best dline player on the team and a versatile tool in Nolans tool box.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd pay him 15M for a one year rental. It's not my money and the team clearly doesn't have their sights on any other big names/contracts.

He may be a little overrated, but he'd immediately be the second best dline player on the team and a versatile tool in Nolans tool box.
I don't think Clowney would take that.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

I would have let Cooper walk to sign him. You'd have 2 of the leagues best run stoppers with pass rushing ability. You could then get a WR in the draft since it's deep, and focus on safety, CB, or DT in the first and second round. We haven't gotten anywhere focusing on skill positions.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I would have let Cooper walk to sign him. You'd have 2 of the leagues best run stoppers with pass rushing ability. You could then get a WR in the draft since it's deep, and focus on safety, CB, or DT in the first and second round. We haven't gotten anywhere focusing on skill positions.

I would have been down for this.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Sign me up.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It looks like Seattle is close to re-signing him.

I heard Seattle was looking in to Viking Griffen now. So, if the Seahawks sign Griffen, I would think Clowney's best deal right now from Seattle will disappear. Seattle could just be playing mind games with Clowney by starting rumors of interest in Griffen to make Clowney sign what is on the table now.

dckid

Reaction score

Winning has been out of the Cowboys price range since 1996.
Our front office has 3 rings and the most valuable franchise. As long as they keep that spot they don’t care about SB’s. Winning a Super Bowl means nothing to man who already has three. He will not change his ways because even after 25 years he is on the front page.

dckid

Reaction score
$10 million would not even be in our price range. The Joneses seem to deal in single digits when it comes to outside free agents.
Clowns for a front office. I can’t even remember one offseason where we actually went for it.