Clutch Prescott

superonyx

Reaction score
Again, you clearly don’t know what trolling is. My posts discuss football, irrespective of what motivations are. It is as much a football post as a Dak-homer, because of his infatution with Dak, tries to spin his conservative nature of being a Checkdown Charlie as proof of his accuracy. I’m not going to sit and whine about him and ask him why he spends all his time riding a mediocre QBs jock? I’ll just dispute his position.

You on the other hand are not doing that. You are the one making this a personal issue which is closer to violating the rules than my posts you are complaining about.

You understand homie?
Hit the report button and let the mods determine if i am violating any forum rules.
You try to spin your trolling and spamming in some pure innocent “me just wants to discuss football” nonsense.
There is no discussion with Trolls like you.
You said your piece. You gave your opinion. The need to repeat it over and over in any thread where someone wants to give Dak credit is just sad.

You’ve become a troll because you can’t stand that Others don’t share your opinion of your QB.

You may as well get used to it. Are you going to be this miserable for the next decade?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Eli has a career record of 116-114, there's a very real possibility he ends his career with a losing record. Does he become less viable as a candidate for the HOF?
Wow, I had no idea his record was that bad. 2 SBs later, I watch him play, and I still see his receivers and defense bailing him out. I wouldn't think he's a HoFer. That might seem like I just hate him because he's a Giants QB, but I'm looking at him with what I think is a pretty unbiased eye. I even know Giants fans who think he's overrated.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
And Dak is trash and the same numbers guys like you lust over Dak about even in losses, Manning puts up consistently at the end of his career.. Manning had two SBs which is what the game is about. Very rare do they get 1 let alone 2.

He feels the same way you do when Dallas wins, sad and angry, hurt and confused. I'm sure you looked a lot like this after yesterday's game. Don't worry, I'm sure Eli knows how much you adore him and appreciates and feels your pain.

original.gif

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I don’t think Dak is clutch at all, but he was today. This is the first game in his career where he legitimately won the game at the end. No Zeke. No dink and dunk. No short pass taken 80 yards. Dak avoided the rush time and time again. Beasley was not really even open at the end... Dak created the play from nothing on the run. Well done.
You should be ashamed

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Eli has a career record of 116-114, there's a very real possibility he ends his career with a losing record. Does he become less viable as a candidate for the HOF?
Good point, but for longevity reasons along I think deserves consideration. The "go-to" is that he won SB's but lucky passes, but regardless he had some clutch drives that resulted in game winning TDs. I can't stand the guy and couldn't care less if he makes it in or not. I just think he will.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hit the report button and let the mods determine if i am violating any forum rules.
You try to spin your trolling and spamming in some pure innocent “me just wants to discuss football” nonsense.
There is no discussion with Trolls like you.
You said your piece. You gave your opinion. The need to repeat it over and over in any thread where someone wants to give Dak credit is just sad.

You’ve become a troll because you can’t stand that Others don’t share your opinion of your QB.

You may as well get used to it. Are you going to be this miserable for the next decade?

Why would I hit the report button? You are the one complaining about me ‘being a troll’. I’m just correcting you on the definition of a word you clearly don’t know what it means. You not liking my posts does not qualify as fulfilling the definition of trolling.

You on the other hand are posting not about football, but me personally. That’s closer to violating forum rules than what you call ‘my trolling’.

Like I said earlier, you can simply ‘ignore’ if you don’t like the posts. That is what the feature is for, meaning my dislike of Dak as the QB or your like of Dak as QB of the Cowboys and our opinions why does not constitute trolling. You could report these posts as trolling, but the moderators will probably just get a good chuckle out of it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak has come up big several times already in his career.

Just let me ask a simple honest question: if Beasley doesnt make the circus catch and somehow stay in bounds (a catch only a few players would make) does that mean Dak was a choker for overthrowing him?

NOT stirring the pot. Just try to get some to HONESTLY think this through on how they're reacting now vs maybe in the past.
Also to again show how great of a team game this is, while not taking away from the final drive vs the Giants
In the end,this was a completely meaningless game, but it still so good to see that final drive...and on the road at that.

khiladi

Reaction score
He feels the same way you do when Dallas wins, sad and angry, hurt and confused. I'm sure you looked a lot like this after yesterday's game. Don't worry, I'm sure Eli knows how much you adore him and appreciates and feels your pain.

original.gif

He’s also done this twice and did it at our expense. Not really sure what your point is.

TheseScratchyBoto-size_restricted.gif

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why would I hit the report button? You are the one complaining about me ‘being a troll’. I’m just correcting you on the definition of a word you clearly don’t know what it means. You not liking my posts does not qualify as fulfilling the definition of trolling.

You on the other hand are posting not about football, but me personally. That’s closer to violating forum rules than what you call ‘my trolling’.

Like I said earlier, you can simply ‘ignore’ if you don’t like the posts. That is what the feature is for, meaning my dislike of Dak as the QB or your like of Dak as QB of the Cowboys and our opinions why does not constitute trolling. You could report these posts as trolling, but the moderators will probably just get a good chuckle out of it.
You should be the least bit surprised to take heavy fire for such off the wall posts of hatred.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak has come up big several times already in his career.

Just let me ask a simple honest question: if Beasley doesnt make the circus catch of somehow get in bounds (a catch only a few players would make) does that mean Dak was a choker for overthrowing him?

NOT stirring the pot. Just try to get some to HONESTLY think this through on how they're reacting now vs maybe in the past.
Also to again show how great of a team game this is, while not taking away from the final drive vs the Giants
Well, to be fair he threw a couple of clear bad passes that would scored a TD earlier on.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea his record was that bad. 2 SBs later, I watch him play, and I still see his receivers and defense bailing him out. I wouldn't think he's a HoFer. That might seem like I just hate him because he's a Giants QB, but I'm looking at him with what I think is a pretty unbiased eye. I even know Giants fans who think he's overrated.
Actually, I didn't realize it either until I went to a Giants forum yesterday to see their reactions to a game and saw this posted by a Giants fan. Trent Dilfer has a SuperBowl and finished with a 58-55 record........ just saying :muttley:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Until Seattle happens!
Soup, I’ve seen you here enough to know you’re a legitimate fan and I’m not questioning that.So help me understand because you seem reasonable unlike some of the other very emotional anti-Dak fans.

Are you so dug in that you’re actively rooting against your team? That’s no loaded question. I’d like to get into the psyche of this group because it’s interesting.

His NFL career stats and wins say he’s pretty damn good. I know for damn sure he made a horrible Miss St. Team very good by himself. Maybe he’s good?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Good point, but for longevity reasons along I think deserves consideration. The "go-to" is that he won SB's but lucky passes, but regardless he had some clutch drives that resulted in game winning TDs. I can't stand the guy and couldn't care less if he makes it in or not. I just think he will.

Jim Plunkett "won" 2 SBs and he's never even sniffed the HOF, so SB wins alone won't get you in.
But Plunkett won both his SBs after he had to come in as the backup quarterback at some point during the year, Eli has been a starter pretty much his whole career, so you really can't compare the two, even though both have 2 SB wins.

Eli's also no 7 on the all time yardage list, with over 55.000 passing yards. Elway, Moon and Tarkenton all have less yards, Moon and Tarkenton never won a SB, either. All 3 in the HOF.

Eli will make the HOF, no doubt. First ballot? Yeah I think so, but even if not, won't take him very long....

khiladi

Reaction score
You should be the least bit surprised to take heavy fire for such off the wall posts of hatred.

Why would I be surprised about how many Dak homers get their panties in a bunch over what they act like Dak does regularly on a basis is amazing..

Lamar Jackson is about to be the youngest QB to start a playoff game, while throwing under 60% and regularly under 200 yards. By Dak’s standards, he’s other worldly.. must be.. of course Dak homers will tell us his stats show he’s not that good..

Mediocre and average QBs are doing on a regular basis doing what Dak does..

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
LOL at anyone who thinks game winning drive stats mean anything.
Enjoy the win against the 5 win team thinking about an island vacation, Dak slobber boy. This season will end exactly one way for Dak. We’ll see when we get there if anyone can find the rock you are hiding under after it goes down.
Now, that was stupid.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Jim Plunkett "won" 2 SBs and he's never even sniffed the HOF, so SB wins alone won't get you in.
But Plunkett won both his SBs after he had to come in as the backup quarterback at some point during the year, Eli has been a starter pretty much his whole career, so you really can't compare the two, even though both have 2 SB wins.

Eli's also no 7 on the all time yardage list, with over 55.000 passing yards. Elway, Moon and Tarkenton all have less yards, Moon and Tarkenton never won a SB, either. All 3 in the HOF.

Eli will make the HOF, no doubt. First ballot? Yeah I think so, but even if not, won't take him very long....
Eli played well on the big stage. He also wouldn't have missed one single start had his HC last season pulled him for a game.

Blake

Reaction score
He’s also done this twice and did it at our expense. Not really sure what your point is.

The point is, if Romo had made that same exact throw you'd likely be joining the choir about how clutch he is, and what a nobber Eli is. Dak gets no credit for you though. That's fine, number of posts doesn't equate to respectable opinions as is clearly demonstrated by your projection.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why would I be surprised about how many Dak homers get their panties in a bunch over what they act like Dak does regularly on a basis is amazing..
Do you even know what a homer is? That's just a lazy term you label fans who support Prescott and don't crap on the guy 24-7.

I bet you there are far more fans in the middle, but still support Prescott who think your posts are stupid that there are "homers."

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Maybe Peyton Manning will lend you his life-size cutout of Eli to help comfort you through the Cowboys playoffs this year. Maybe he'll even let you keep it to add to your Eli Shrine.

eliface.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
The point is, if Romo had made that same exact throw you'd likely be joining the choir about how clutch he is, and what a nobber Eli is. Dak gets no credit for you though. That's fine, number of posts doesn't equate to respectable opinions as is clearly demonstrated by your projection.

What throw?

That was a nice throw. He also had three incompletions right before it and the Giants were stupid to not just sit back in prevent and give up the underneath on a fourth ehen we needed 15 yards. There is a reason why the Giants defense have been imploding this whole season in similar situations in the fourth. Tampa Bay put up 21 points in the fourth against them and the only reason they didn’t win is because Manning had the ball back on the final drive and scored. The Giants gave up another TD last week in the last minute against the Colts. They’ve been doing it on a weekly basis.

I’ve said a thousand times, Dak throws well when he’s decisive and where he knows he’s going from the get go. That’s his first drives are traditionally good, because they are scripted and practiced.

And outside this, Dak plays better in streetball circumstances. Dak sucks when he needs yo go through his progressions. He is a game manager and the only reason he’s not as bad is because he’s a checkdown Charlie. It’s his anticipation and accuracy in these situations which is absolutely horrid. The fact Dak broke pocket immediately off the sudden pressure was to his advantage because it was basically a street ball athletic play. It was also a play where there was nothing to lose.

That type of stuff is rare and this league has see countless streetball QBs with athleticism that can make a play like that here and there. Those guys are backups.

You, on the other hand, clearly don’t know what good football play is. The point is, Romo was a progression QB, was facing cover two zone all game long, because teams were worried about his arm, at the same defenses called out his incompetent their playcalling was, and Garrett couldn’t field a running game to save his life to force defenders back. All that started in 2013-2014 with Romo and Callahan.

Last edited: