Clutch Prescott

Blake

Reaction score
I’ve heard that Dak is better than Eli and Eli is over-rated and sucks despite winning two SBs by Dak homers and don’t give him credit despite winning two SB.

Haven't heard anyone say that about Dak, but I'll give Eli credit for winning two super bowls and being a much better QB than Romo for their respective careers. Ironic, that your Romo love probably won't allow you to admit that.

khiladi

Reaction score
I liked tony's gunslinging

Tony’s gunslinging hid warts on this offense, but the inevitable collapse was always around the corner. Jason Garrett’s ineptitude put too much a burden on Tony. The only reason we started running the ball was because of Jones forcing Romo into game planning meetings and taking power away from Jason starting into 2013. This started happening with Callahan coming here and revamping the running game and and it only took a year for Jerry to start stripping Garrett of the play calling. We went run heavy because Romo wanted to run the ball.

khiladi

Reaction score
Haven't heard anyone say that about Dak, but I'll give Eli credit for winning two super bowls and being a much better QB than Romo for their respective careers. Ironic, that your Romo love probably won't allow you to admit that.

I just had a discussion a couple days ago that Dak homer was telling my hoe he is way better than Eli on this forum.

And I consider Eli a HOF QB and more accomplished than Romo. But I don’t consider him a better QB. Romo would have won with Tom Coughlin. Manning wouldn’t have won with Jason Garrett calling plays. Both Romo and Eli are rish takers and Garrett’s incompetence Put too pressure on QBs and the inevitable collapse of a multi-turnover game on basic playcalling would eventually happen against good defenses.

Blake

Reaction score
Tony’s gunslinging hid warts on this offense, but the inevitable collapse was always around the corner. Jason Garrett’s ineptitude put too much a burden on Tony. The only reason we started running the ball was because of Jones forcing Romo into game planning meetings and taking power away from Jason starting into 2013. This started happening with Callahan coming here and revamping the running game and and it only took a year for Jerry to start stripping Garrett of the play calling. We went run heavy because Romo wanted to run the ball.

Trash Dak but make excuses for Romo and act like he was a god when he was anything but at crucial moments. This is all the info we need to see your agenda for what it is. Dak is on the verge of erasing wonder boy's legacy. Bet that burns.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I just had a discussion a couple days ago that Dak is way better than Eli.

And I consider Eli a HOF QB and more accomplished than Romo. But I don’t consider him a better QB. Romo would have won with Tom Coughlin.
"Would of, could of, should of" - But didn't.

cern

Reaction score
jerry made arguably the stupidest statement ever made by an nfl gm when he said tony's scrambling ability precluded the need for a good offensive line. it actually became a part of the negotiations in resigning tony that he demanded of jerry that he start using top draft picks on offensive linemen.

khiladi

Reaction score
Trash Dak but make excuses for Romo and act like he was a god when he was anything but at crucial moments. This is all the info we need to see your agenda for what it is. Dak is on the verge of erasing wonder boy's legacy. Bet that burns.

Dak has the number one rushing attack in the NFL and a RB who faces more stacked boxes than anybody else in the league and defenses are constantly givin him one single safety man on the outside looks and that too with s legitimate defense and Linehan as OC.

You have only won season to compare the situations too and that was Romo’s MVP year where he was robbed in Lambeau. And nowhere were defenses defending Romo that way consistently.

And this whole approach offensively was built on Romo’s 2014 season.

Just stop with the idiocy..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

While he was unquestionably very good yesterday, I think "clutch" is a matter of perception. For instance, I'd be more likely to call it a clutch performance if he'd made the certain TD throw to Cooper, rather than seemingly getting overly excited to see a wide open receiver heading toward the end zone...again. The TD to Beasley was awesome, start to finish, but it shouldn't have been necessary, IMO.

Reactions: G2

khiladi

Reaction score
jerry made arguably the stupidest statement ever made by an nfl gm when he said tony's scrambling ability precluded the need for a good offensive line. it actually became a part of the negotiations in resigning tony that he demanded of jerry that he start using top draft picks on offensive linemen.

Frederick was basically Romo and Callahan, two guys Jason clearly resented.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cowboys made the playoffs 19 times in a 20 year stretch. Patriots have made it 16 times of the last 18. By that count for me the Cowboys have had the greatest dynasty.

As far as post cap era or not, the Cowboys never had the rest of the division foes so poor for so long as the Pats have had, so even if there was no cap to deal with, I still feel the Cowboys were the greatest dynasty, especially considering how everybody they played from the late 60-'s on felt like beating the Cowboys were the next best thing to winning the championship!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Uh no.

I’ve said many things about this game in different posts and threads, including the fact that Eli outperformed Dak against a much better defense in the second half, while Dak homers constantly have no problems disrespecting Eli. Apparently the same criteria by which they say Eli sucks doesn’t apply to Dak...

Long before Dak was a member of this team, I have always said Eli sucks and have never had a problem disrespecting him. He's a career .500 QB, but if you want to have a closet man crush for Eli, go right ahead. Maybe it's the Sad Eli Face that you can identify with...........:(

khiladi

Reaction score
Long before Dak was a member of this team, I have always said Eli sucks and have never had a problem disrespecting him. He's a career .500 QB, but if you want to have a closet man crush for Eli, go right ahead. Maybe it's the Sad Eli Face that you can identify with...........:(

And Dak is trash and the same numbers guys like you lust over Dak about even in losses, Manning puts up consistently at the end of his career.. Manning had two SBs which is what the game is about. Very rare do they get 1 let alone 2.

Blake

Reaction score
And Dak is trash and the same numbers guys like you lust over Dak about even in losses, Manning puts up consistently at the end of his career.. Manning had two SBs which is what the game is about. Very rare do they get 1 let alone 2.

You can't speak objectively about Dak or Romo proving that your opinion is useless.

khiladi

Reaction score
You can't speak objectively about Dak or Romo proving that your opinion is useless.

OK.. I’m really hurt by your ‘expert opinion’, full of ‘objectivity’, on my opinion of QB play..

I especially love how a veteran like Kyle Orton, under the same circumstances of Romo in Dallas, meaning with Garrett as a play-caller and a banged up Philly secondary, playing man all day ‘also choked’ away the play-off determining game..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
he still attended stars and mavericks games with romo and witten. but no doubt he despised Callahan.

That’s because Romo was in Jerry’s favor. As soon as the Dak starting next year situation unfolded, hee was not hanging out with Romo. He’s clearly an opportunist.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
While he was unquestionably very good yesterday, I think "clutch" is a matter of perception. For instance, I'd be more likely to call it a clutch performance if he'd made the certain TD throw to Cooper, rather than seemingly getting overly excited to see a wide open receiver heading toward the end zone...again. The TD to Beasley was awesome, start to finish, but it shouldn't have been necessary, IMO.
Yeah, that missed opportunity to Cooper would have been nice, but I think how Prescott was able to touch a few nice zingers to Jarwin was also clutch. But there a dozen things that shouldn't have happened and we win the game.