CNNSI: Banks draft... looks good for Cowboys

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I don't. I get a bad feeling about Ted Ginn Jr. There's just something that's nagging me about him and I can't place it.

I'd rather have Meachem or Jarrett.

the big 88

Reaction score
It is looking pretty good! Ginn would be awesome, let's hope it works out well

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
CowboyMike;1451602 said:
I don't. I get a bad feeling about Ted Ginn Jr. There's just something that's nagging me about him and I can't place it.

Don't you like looking at the BACKSIDE of Ginn's jersey as he is flying down the field for a TD?

I recall Buddy Ryan did not like Chris Carter because all he could do was score TD's.

adamknite

Reaction score
CowboyMike;1451602 said:

Same here. It's not based on anything he did on the field, it's just this gut feeling telling me it'd be a bad idea. If we draft him and I'm wrong, I'll be happy and gladly admit I was a fool, but if we draft him and I'm right I just might throw up.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
adamknite;1451612 said:
Same here. It's not based on anything he did on the field, it's just this gut feeling telling me it'd be a bad idea. If we draft him and I'm wrong, I'll be happy and gladly admit I was a fool, but if we draft him and I'm right I just might throw up.

Glad I'm not the only one. I agree if it works out it'd be awesome. But you're right it's just a gut feeling. At the same time if we pass on him and he turns in to a great one I'll be sick too.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
CowboyMike;1451614 said:
Glad I'm not the only one. I agree if it works out it'd be awesome. But you're right it's just a gut feeling. At the same time if we pass on him and he turns in to a great one I'll be sick too.

That is the scary part--passing on this diamond in the rough

jrumann59

Reaction score
Ginn I could see being a joey galloway type WR very good but not great maybe a #1.5 receiver not true number 1 but a very good #2

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Watching the NFLnets Jimmy Johnson program the other day and remembering what Kelvin Martin brought to that team i couldn't help but think if Ginn. If we take him at #22 you'd like more production at WR than Martin brought, but guys like Martin and Ginn can change a game in seconds. He would add a dimension we don't have. This team is pretty loaded with talent and if there's a year we might want to gamble on a guy with special skills, this might be the year?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1451662 said:
Watching the NFLnets Jimmy Johnson program the other day and remembering what Kelvin Martin brought to that team i couldn't help but think if Ginn. If we take him at #22 you'd like more production at WR than Martin brought, but guys like Martin and Ginn can change a game in seconds. He would add a dimension we don't have. This team is pretty loaded with talent and if there's a year we might want to gamble on a guy with special skills, this might be the year?

That's the only reason I would not find myself trying to committ suicide with a dull knife. Instead I would just get drunk fast. My one hope is that Ginn is gone before 22 and I don't have to worry about it.

Pabst

Reaction score
I think the Ginn pick makes sense for this year. He won't be asked to start, and can learn how to better his route-running and the nuances of the WR position. It also give him some time to put on some extra muscle, which never hurts.

At the same time, he'll be the primary KR/PR, and that should help him get acclimated to the speed of the NFL game pretty quickly.

The problem comes down the line. I'm not so sure he can be a #1 guy in the league, and we already have a solid #2 young guy in Crayton.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1451720 said:
In order i would like

1. Meachem
2. Ginn
3. Jarrett
4. Bowe
5. best CB/S available

Jarrett shouldn't even be on that list. He is a #4 rounder at best in my book.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Is that a joke?

what reasoning do you have to suggest that Jarrett is not worth a first let alone 2nd or 3rd round pick!?

btcutter

Reaction score
Ginn is a game changer! His speed alone makes other teams respect the deep throw and opens up underneath routes or deep passes on the other side. Ginn should be the 2nd receiver chosen. He's proven his game changing ability in top competition in college.

Other receivers are good but can any of them change the game in a second like Ginn? No!

If I were to tell this board Ginn was going to fall all the way to 22 last yr, people would think I am crazy. What changed? A few months of boredom and constantly over analysing the obvious.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
btcutter;1451736 said:
If I were to tell this board Ginn was going to fall all the way to 22 last yr, people would think I am crazy. What changed? A few months of boredom and constantly over analysing the obvious.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner

no reason to get greedy or stupid on this pick if Ginn is there we snatch him he was being projected as a top ten lock and all of a sudden he possibly is in our laps lets not blink.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
People are a little concerned about his size but Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce are both 6'0" and 185ish and they've help up. If he comes in, works hard to get stronger and run better routes while he returns punts he should be OK in a year or so.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
btcutter;1451736 said:
Ginn is a game changer! His speed alone makes other teams respect the deep throw and opens up underneath routes or deep passes on the other side. Ginn should be the 2nd receiver chosen. He's proven his game changing ability in top competition in college.

Other receivers are good but can any of them change the game in a second like Ginn? No!

Wow, a year ago this time Ginn was border line 1st round. Take a look back. There were doubts if he could ever be a true college receiver and people were still debating if we was better suited to play corner.