Coach Dungy and Rodney Harrison

Proof

Reaction score
No, I'm really not.

You are. I said that a game from two years ago shouldn't be on our radar or our bar, and you ask how we stack up now compared to then lol.

Football really isn't a game of transitive properties though anyway. Get Seattle off your mind

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The good thing is we're a smash mouth offense and we can definitely punch their defense in the mouth. Just like 2014 we punched them in the mouth and went toe to toe with their style of play. That's how we play too.

But our defense is a liability and they do seem a bit more complete on all 3 phases. Tough match up for sure.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
We're talking about a game that was two years ago. It's just silly to me.
How much has their defense changed since then? How much has our O-line changed since then?
I said that a game from two years ago shouldn't be on our radar or our bar, and you ask how we stack up now compared to then lol.
I posted about how our O-line has matched up over their D-line the last few meetings. You basically said it was irrelevant. I then asked you what has changed, roster-wise, between those two groups since 2014 that makes it irrelevant. If you don't want to address that, fine. If you want to keep posting "lol" and other junk, you can save it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Up in SEA, I like them better, too. What have we done to unseat them already?

It's going to be a great game when it happens. If Mo is back, I like our chances better. I hate us being so low on true cover CBs.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah this makes no sense. They didn't win it all in 2014 and we beat in 2014 WHEN IT COUNTED. We have a better record, didn't lose to the freaking Rams, and didn't tie with the Cards in a TD less game in 2016 so there is no way right now they are better.
We were better when they were doing those things. But that's not who they are today: Wilson's healthy and they're playing much much better. Right now, I have no idea which team is better.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
lol, Dungy and Harrison might not remember week 6 2014... but that Seattle defense does I guarantee. They also remember Elliott from this preseason.

IMO Seattle wants nothing to do with Dallas. In the Metroplex or in the Pacific Northwest... they don't want to see the Dallas offense headed their way.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both picked Seattle over Dallas as the best team in the nfc. A lot of folks have amnesia.

I remember the boyz going up to Seattle a couple of years ago and totally out playing them. I thinks this years version of the cowboys is just as good. JMO.
I can't stand to listen to anything Dungy has to say. He is a terrible media guy and is a Cowboys hater.

mldardy

Reaction score
We were better when they were doing those things. But that's not who they are today: Wilson's healthy and they're playing much much better. Right now, I have no idea which team is better.
Yeah who they are today is a team with two losses and a tie ALL to teams with losing records and a team that is staring up at us. That's who they are today.

Proof

Reaction score
How about some of us believe we match up well against them based on that game?

A lot of the same personnel besides the backfield.

Believing that is fine, holding on to it as any kind of proof is silly. We lost 4 games that year, any team using that as a barometer in 2016 would be equally silly.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah this makes no sense. They didn't win it all in 2014 and we beat in 2014 WHEN IT COUNTED. We have a better record, didn't lose to the freaking Rams, and didn't tie with the Cards in a TD less game in 2016 so there is no way right now they are better.

They went to the SB though (their 2nd straight) and beat the team that beat us. How does a reg season win "count" against a team that went to the sb?

Proof

Reaction score
I posted about how our O-line has matched up over their D-line the last few meetings. You basically said it was irrelevant. I then asked you what has changed, roster-wise, between those two groups since 2014 that makes it irrelevant. If you don't want to address that, fine. If you want to keep posting "lol" and other junk, you can save it.

No you asked how much both units have changed, and neither has changed much. They've added jimmy graham and Tyler Lockett and Baldwin has emerged. I still think Dallas can handle them, just based on 2016 and not 2014. Same as not thinking the Commanders (who are considerably better than they were) can beat us just because they did in 2014. Titans either.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
They went to the SB though (their 2nd straight) and beat the team that beat us. How does a reg season win "count" against a team that went to the sb?
They "backed into" that first week bye by virtue of the 3-way tie we had with them and GB (thanks, Bills). Wilson tried his best to give that game away to GB with (IIRC) 3 picks but McCarthy was like "Hold my beer". Even their fans were praying that we got knocked out of the playoffs because we were the first team in years to bully them at home. But that's my revisionist history. Shoulda, Woulda Coulda....

You can discount the 2014 season. I say discount the 2015 season where they beat us by a point with check-down Cassell making his first start and having McFadden as the top receiver in that game. Seattle's offense is better this year, but their D-line make-up/philosophy remains the same and mirrors ours in that they like gap shooters and have their LB corp to mop up the interior leaks/capture the edge. They got caught over pursuing against us a lot in the ZBS, as did other aggressive front-7's this year. Seattle's roster on defense hasn't changed much over this year and they certainly still like the formula of playing fast and loose. Our O-line is the same, and now that our RB talent has been upgraded, the same formula that Linehan has installed 2 years ago is hitting at an even higher level. If Seattle beats us, it's because our defense can't contain their offense...not the other way around.

Personally, I like our chances against Seattle more than playing teams like N.E., ATL, WAS, etc. Teams that can pass effectively and score points fast. If PIT had a better defense, they'd be a bigger threat because they took a page out of our book and controlled the TOP in the first half.

Last edited:

mldardy

Reaction score
That's great. This is 2016. And you really asked me if the reg. season game counted and put it in quotes too. You really asked this question? :facepalm:

And they didn't WIN the Super Bowl

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Up in SEA, I like them better, too. What have we done to unseat them already?

It's going to be a great game when it happens. If Mo is back, I like our chances better. I hate us being so low on true cover CBs.

We do have a better record and play in a better division. I wish we could play the 49ers and Rams over the Eagles and Skins.

Their offense is mediocre in yards (16th) and scoring (20th). They actually remind me a bit of us when we couldn't run the ball gaining yards through the air and settling for 3 points more often than not.

Bottomline: we are much better at 'cashing in' as Garrett likes to call it.

I'd say its a pickem up there and were favorites in Dallas. Right now the playoffs go through our house.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We do have a better record and play in a better division. I wish we could play the 49ers and Rams over the Eagles and Skins.

Their offense is mediocre in yards (16th) and scoring (20th). They actually remind me a bit of us when we couldn't run the ball gaining yards through the air and settling for 3 points more often than not.

Bottomline: we are much better at 'cashing in' as Garrett likes to call it.

I'd say its a pickem up there and were favorites in Dallas. Right now the playoffs go through our house.

It'd be a great game, that's for sure. You could tell even in the preseason that players were getting it going on both sides.

Rob-G

Reaction score
Super Bowls aren't won in November so it doesn't bother me. We've been the best team this year, but they've been the class of the NFC the last 3 years. They're getting healthier and looking like the most well rounded team in football. I still think we can move the ball on them, but with Wilson getting his ankles back, they can move the ball on us too. It would be a great match up in the NFC Championship. Ric Flair said it best "You wanna be the man, you gotta beat the man." and we're gonna have to beat them to get to Houston.

And as great as that win was 2 years ago, it was just that...2 years ago. Has nothing to do with this season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It'd be a great game, that's for sure. You could tell even in the preseason that players were getting it going on both sides.

Sounds like great fan-watching football, to me.