Coach Dungy and Rodney Harrison

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seattle started out slow, Wilson was missing one of his threats and were missing a couple key defensive guys. They are starting to click on all cylinders and are not to be taken lightly just because we beat them not long ago.

It is a decent match-up for us but either can win easily, depends on the day. Would rather play them in Dallas even though it isn't much of a home-field advantage. Flying to the Pacific NW is no easy task, especially in the post-season.

Lots can happen before this might happen, but SEA is looking like a substantial road block to Houston.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Seattle's D is playing really, really well right now...and Russell Wilson will always be the media darling. They just beat the Pats and they always turn it on at this time of year. We are definitely the up and coming challenger this year, but Seattle is the schoolyard bully that has be knocked out before we can give everybody their lunch money back.

We beat Seattle in 2014. Seattle got pimp slapped by Carolina last season in the playoffs and should have lost to Minnesota if they had a kicker.

They have already been knocked out.

rockj7

Reaction score
Both picked Seattle over Dallas as the best team in the nfc. A lot of folks have amnesia.

I remember the boyz going up to Seattle a couple of years ago and totally out playing them. I thinks this years version of the cowboys is just as good. JMO.
It's because of their defense and their playoff experience

robbieruff

Reaction score
Until proven otherwise they have the better qb, better coaching staff and better defense. You act as if the Seahawks are chipped liver.
Seattle is doing their typical slow start and strong finish routine. They are a very dangerous team that's peaking at rt time. It would be folie to think we are going to just walk over that team based on 2014. Graham and Prosise (sp?) give them new dimensions on offense that make them truly scary. Both torched a very good eagles D. While I like how our O matches up with them - we can be balanced and punish them physically - our D could easily get torched with our inability to pressure Wilson.

One thing's for sure - we'd be well served to avoid at all cost going to their house in the playoffs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
right now dallas can beat any team , so let them say whatever they want.
See what they say later if dallas wins the sb.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Yeah this makes no sense. They didn't win it all in 2014 and we beat in 2014 WHEN IT COUNTED. We have a better record, didn't lose to the freaking Rams, and didn't tie with the Cards in a TD less game in 2016 so there is no way right now they are better.
Ok buddy

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well we might fall one game short of the big dance this year but that's light-years above my expectations in training camp.

add a couple of DL in the off-season and will be dominant like 93

morasp

Reaction score
Dungy was also talking about how Dak was going to get rattled by NFL defenses before the season started. It's just talk.

rwalters31

Reaction score
We have a better team this year than in 2014 but our D is still a concern and Seattle has the Legion of Boom. Defense wins championships.
Amen to that Brother!! The best offenses go down in the play offs to best defenses. The Supper Bowl teams can all seem to have an efficient offense that does not turn the ball over. The defenses stop big plays, get turn overs, and get off the field. They are always ball hawking to give the ball back to the offense. Looking at the present playoff teams, who matches this description?

risco

Reaction score
Both picked Seattle over Dallas as the best team in the nfc. A lot of folks have amnesia.

I remember the boyz going up to Seattle a couple of years ago and totally out playing them. I thinks this years version of the cowboys is just as good. JMO.

I agree. I only worry about the defense holding up. Our offense will destroy their defense- I don't worry about that at all.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We beat Seattle in 2014. Seattle got pimp slapped by Carolina last season in the playoffs and should have lost to Minnesota if they had a kicker.

They have already been knocked out.

I don't understand the logic that says b/c we beat Seattle in 2014-- that somehow means we are entitled to a win this year. We very well may win-- but they are still in the elite class of the NFC.

They have been to 2 out of the last 3 SuperBowls. They are well coached and are getting hot right now. Hardly knocked out... In order to be the best, you have to beat the best. Remember during our run in the 90's? SF had to face us in the championship game pretty much every year in order to determine who went to the SB. We won 2 out of 3 from them-- but they were heavyweight fights. That's where this is going with Seattle... they aren't going away any time soon, and we will need to overcome them year in and year out in order to contend.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Seattle looked like the better team yesterday. Their OL, which some say is not that good, played extremely well against a very good Philly DL.

aikemirv

Reaction score

I understand what they are saying, Their defense is much better than ours. That is just a fact. Really does not matter what they say. Just have to beat them when we play them

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are free to think that way and frankly it is a argument that could be made by them and not some silly over the top cowboys hate compelling them to do so as Dungy has been very complimentary of the Cowboys this year.

I think they, the Seahawks, are one of two teams in the NFC that present the most trouble for us...the other is the giants.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Dungy is a former Steeler, so his hate for the Cowboys runs deep. I don't think Harrison was trying to be biased. I will say that Marinelli, as long as he has had a defense that is somewhat healthy, has defended read option offenses well.

I do think Seattle is a really good team.

YR

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Oh, you mean in 2014? Yes, nothing has changed in the NFL since then

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think Seattle is better at moment, but its slim. Russell Wilson looks like he is back.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wow this guy. You are making a lot of guarantees. They don't have better anything right now. And you are acting like the Seahawks are 5 time Super Bowl champs if I'm acting like they are chopped liver.

They have done this for the past 4 years. Do you know how hard it is to make the post season yesr after year? As a Cowboy fan you should know.