Coaching blame?

aria

Reaction score
Why is it that after the first three games there’s props to JG, Kellen Moore was the next McVay and Richard has always been a defensive genius but after two losses, largely caused by players to two good teams, that this is all on JG?

Where’s the Moore criticism? What about the Richard criticism? What about the Dak criticism from today? What about the Zeke criticism from New Orleans? What about all the missed tackles?

This game lost by the players. I just want to know how some of you change so quick or even blame the coaching on this loss? What coach could overcome 3 INT’S vs the Packers?

morat1959

Reaction score
Why is it that after the first three games there’s props to JG, Kellen Moore was the next McVay and Richard has always been a defensive genius but after two losses, largely caused by players to two good teams, that this is all on JG?

Where’s the Moore criticism? What about the Richard criticism? What about the Dak criticism from today? What about the Zeke criticism from New Orleans? What about all the missed tackles?

This game lost by the players. I just want to know how some of you change so quick or even blame the coaching on this loss? What coach could overcome 3 INT’S vs the Packers?
The same coaches who overcome one starter going down and still finding ways to win games. The same coaches who don’t have every responsibility stripped from them over a 10 year period because they fail in all phases of the game. The same coaches who aren’t a puppet and are controlled by a meddling GM who won’t hire a real GM!

basel90

Reaction score
Jason is not a top 10 coach , we all know that , plus the GM is making wrong decisions on Def coordinators ( Richard and Marineli experiment is not working ) , and the head office player selections and salary cap is a mess , ( zeke overpaid , D law , overpaid etc etc ) , so all of that gives us a mediocre team which we all see and cheer for .

aria

Reaction score
Jason is not a top 10 coach , we all know that , plus the GM is making wrong decisions on Def coordinators ( Richard and Marineli experiment is not working ) , and the head office player selections and salary cap is a mess , ( zeke overpaid , D law , overpaid etc etc ) , so all of that gives us a mediocre team which we all see and cheer for .
Probably best explanation I’ve heard.

aria

Reaction score
The same coaches who overcome one starter going down and still finding ways to win games. The same coaches who don’t have every responsibility stripped from them over a 10 year period because they fail in all phases of the game. The same coaches who aren’t a puppet and are controlled by a meddling GM who won’t hire a real GM!
No offense, but that doesn’t really address my question. Let me rephrase it another way...why did Kellen Moore and Richard get so much credit for out first three wins and even JG to a degree but KM and Richard get zero blame for these losses?

morat1959

Reaction score
No offense, but that doesn’t really address my question. Let me rephrase it another way...why did Kellen Moore and Richard get so much credit for out first three wins and even JG to a degree but KM and Richard get zero blame for these losses?
10 years vs 1 and 2-3 years.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Nope. It's Garrett's fault. The HC needs to be held accountable. I was a HC for 13 years, the HC needs to be held accountable.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Its the NFL.
When things work you're a genius!
When they don't you're an IDIOT!

morat1959

Reaction score
Year in and year out for 24 years! Nail on the head!

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

I'm blaming the whole lot. Team should be disbanded and made to start anew as an expansion team (with a new owner). Would be more fun to watch, I think.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its not all on Jason Garrett. But when you entire team comes out flat, unprepared, mistake prone all across the board, lacks aggression then at some point it goes back to the HC.

And this is EXACTLY what we have seen from the Cowboys over Garretts tenure.

I actually thought the offensive game plan was good today.

morat1959

Reaction score
Again, that doesn’t address my entire question.
You don’t won’t to see the problem if you don’t see the problem. This team has been a mess since our GM took over. Who knows, the next HC will probably have to be a puppet also. I hope not but it’s time for a change...5 years late on a change. This is not working! Honestly, do you have any hope of us winning a SB going into any season?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
At this point it doesn't even matter, this team needs a major facelift and the only way they are going to get it is by replacing the entire coaching staff.

We have seen this song play out over and over with Jason Garrett. At some point you just have to move on.

aria

Reaction score
Nope. It's Garrett's fault. The HC needs to be held accountable. I was a HC for 13 years, the HC needs to be held accountable.
That’s fine Ranch and I’m well aware of your credentials. You also started a thread giving JG credit after our first 3 wins. We lose by 2 points to the Saints, largely in part due to 2 critical fumbles and barely lost to the Packers with a QB that threw 3 INT’s.

Now due to these two losses, which were mainly on the players and most people had us pegged to lose anyways, and everyone is calling for Garretts head.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
They do deserve blame. But at the same time, they're not on the field playing, so the players deserve equal blame. It's an all around team effort!

stiletto

Reaction score
Its not all on Jason Garrett. But when you entire team comes out flat, unprepared, mistake prone all across the board, lacks aggression then at some point it goes back to the HC.

And this is EXACTLY what we have seen from the Cowboys over Garretts tenure.

I actually thought the offensive game plan was good today.

I just don't see the killer mentality from this team that the coach should be instilling. It's like they have to be punched in the face 10 times before they fight, yeah they can fight but it takes them getting killed to fight back. Garrett is a "nice" guy.... Like Mister Miyagi or something. Sorry I want my team being Cobra Kai in Football... LOL