Coaching blame?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That’s fine Ranch and I’m well aware of your credentials. You also started a thread giving JG credit after our first 3 wins. We lose by 2 points to the Saints, largely in part due to 2 critical fumbles and barely lost to the Packers with a QB that threw 3 INT’s.

Now due to these two losses, which were mainly on the players and most people had us pegged to lose anyways, and everyone is calling for Garretts head.
I was being sarcastic when I gave him credit. Believe me, as a former coach, I don't want to see coaches fired, but JG needs to go.

aria

Reaction score
You don’t won’t to see the problem if you don’t see the problem. This team has been a mess since our GM took over. Who knows, the next HC will probably have to be a puppet also. I hope not but it’s time for a change...5 years late on a change. This is not working! Honestly, do you have any hope of us winning a SB going into any season?
I see the problem. I’m asking why Moore and Richard and even JG got mad credit after the first 3 games and now just JG gets blame. No mention of Moore, no mention of Richard...the 3 INT’s this game and STILL almost won and the 2 fumbles last week AND still almost won.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The team beat scrub team' s the first 3 weeks and looked great doing it. People should have waited until the Saints game to determine anything.

romonumberone

Reaction score
I am not a JG hater. But I do question not going for it. What was it 4th & 3? To also waste your last timeout. If you go for it and convert and score the TD and save the timeout than even without the onside kick being successful you still would have a few plays once Green Bay punted to get into FG range.

The odds nowadays of a successful onside kick with the new rule changes is extremely low.

Satchel89

Reaction score
I hate this team...I just do....I hate being this way but a Mediocre QB who puts up stats but it doesn't mean anything....Two All Star Linebackers who can't tackle and horrible Corners but I will continue to watch with their Clapping Coach

kskboys

Reaction score
Why is it that after the first three games there’s props to JG, Kellen Moore was the next McVay and Richard has always been a defensive genius but after two losses, largely caused by players to two good teams, that this is all on JG?

Where’s the Moore criticism? What about the Richard criticism? What about the Dak criticism from today? What about the Zeke criticism from New Orleans? What about all the missed tackles?

This game lost by the players. I just want to know how some of you change so quick or even blame the coaching on this loss? What coach could overcome 3 INT’S vs the Packers?
Because this game was a clusterfudge. We had what, 500 yds of O and 24 pts? Convoluted mess. Lots of stuff that didn't make sense. They can't stop the run, and we were running the ball well, so hey, let's quit doing that!!!!!

I don't give anyone a pass right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I just don't see the killer mentality from this team that the coach should be instilling. It's like they have to be punched in the face 10 times before they fight, yeah they can fight but it takes them getting killed to fight back. Garrett is a "nice" guy.... Like Mister Miyagi or something. Sorry I want my team being Cobra Kai in Football... LOL

Yep, and all the Garrett sloberers talk about the "culture" Garrett has brought here? Where?

Neither side of the ball as an edge to it. Who is the crazy leader on the defense? No one plays possesed.

I dont see the emotion anywhere.

Garrett is a dud and so is his team.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
We started to play ironically around the time Garrett stood up to the refs and as a side note I noticed Troy sounded a little surprised and defended Dallas more so then I am accustomed to hearing lol.

If Garrett coaches aggressive with a QB who needs to play aggressive the defense should in return play aggressive etc

aria

Reaction score
At this point it doesn't even matter, this team needs a major facelift and the only way they are going to get it is by replacing the entire coaching staff.

We have seen this song play out over and over with Jason Garrett. At some point you just have to move on.
This I get! But two weeks ago Kellen Moore was greatest OC, Richard was a genius...they actually just brought up exactly what I said on local DFW radio. They asked “why doesn’t Moore get heat, why doesn't Richard get heat”?

Satchel89

Reaction score
Can't stand him....Horrible penalty against him but I'm suck of seeing his stupid face

stiletto

Reaction score
Yep, and all the Garrett sloberers talk about the "culture" Garrett has brought here? Where?

Neither side of the ball as an edge to it. Who is the crazy leader on the defense? No one plays possesed.

Pretty much....his style is fine against 6-7 win or less teams but that's it...

aria

Reaction score

So Moore should go as well as Richard?

morat1959

Reaction score
I see the problem. I’m asking why Moore and Richard and even JG got mad credit after the first 3 games and now just JG gets blame. No mention of Moore, no mention of Richard...the 3 INT’s this game and STILL almost won and the 2 fumbles last week AND still almost won.
That’s our problem, wherever it lies...almost. I’ll tell you the real problem...JERRY JONES!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because this game was a clusterfudge. We had what, 500 yds of O and 24 pts? Convoluted mess. Lots of stuff that didn't make sense. They can't stop the run, and we were running the ball well, so hey, let's quit doing that!!!!!

I don't give anyone a pass right now.
Two critical issues. 3 turnovers and 200 yards( I’m not sure what official yardage was) rushing.

Also another very poor game converting 3rd downs on offense. We were 4 of 13 last week after coming in leading the league at 58%.

Remember in LA playoff game we we’re 1 of 10 converting 3rd downs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pretty much....his style is fine against 6-7 win or less teams but that's it...

WE get out coached every week. Not going to win that fight. So we have to out talent and out play every single team. Hard to do against good team with good coaching.

The Garrett era HAS TO END!!!

I had held out hope that if Garrett was removed from the offense and we had an agressive, modern coordinator handling game day it might be enough. But its not.

When your HC is Garrett its simply cant help but be like the HC in some respects. And he brings NOTHING. So when you need an edge you dont get it from him.

stiletto

Reaction score
WE get out coached every week. Not going to win that fight. So we have to out talent and out play every single team. Hard to do against good team with good coaching.

The Garrett era HAS TO END!!!

I had held out hope that if Garrett was removed from the offense and we had an agressive, modern coordinator handling game day it might be enough. But its not.

When your HC is Garrett its simply cant help but be like the HC in some respects. And he brings NOTHING. So when you need an edge you dont get it from him.

I actually liked him when he threw the flag at the ref, the problem is, he's needed to be an awesome person like that all along to his players too. That's where he's failed. Hopefully this is the final season of this.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True, but they never do. Its always "OMG!!!! We're going to the super bowl !!!!!" And then the house burns down.
Yep

Too high of expectations. We are about what I thought we would be. No surprises here at 3-2.