Coaching candidates ideas from the Fan

Cowboy89

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is not going anywhere fellas...............if it wasn't clear before, it should be crystal clear now the his job is not dependent on winning.

If it was, he would have been fired years ago...........he is here because Jerry is comfortable with him, and that is more important than wins for Jerry

Sometimes I feel as if JJ would rather go 4-12 with a puppet coach, rather than win a SB with a coach who gets too much credit.

bodi

Reaction score
James Bettcher Arizona Cards - like their D = DC

Kris Richard Seattle DC

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Just adding some current and former (Turner) NFL coaches out there.
Reich is only one that hasn't been a NFL HC already.

Norv Turner
Bill Callahan
Tony Sparano
Steve Spagnuolo
Ken Whisenhunt
Pat Shurmer
Jim Schwartz
Mike McCoy
Josh McDaniels
Frank Reich

Frank Reich is intriguing

I’m a big Jim Schwartz fan as DC though

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel as if JJ would rather go 4-12 with a puppet coach, rather than win a SB with a coach who gets too much credit.

Ya think?

6a00e54f7fc4c5883301bb0795354c970d-pi

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Jesse Holley and company just looked at possible candidates to be the HC or OC/DC.

He first said that Jim Haurbagh is not coming here as he makes 9 million per year and is home.

He also said why would Jon Gruden leave the booth when he's making that much money etc. I don't think he would because he would have to face his brother twice per year.

The candidates.

Art Briles- Cavanaugh said we would take a PR hit, but no doubt the guy can coach. Said when he visited TC he helped install some of the RPO's with Dak (thought that was interesting).

James Franklin- They all 3 agreed this would be an excellent hire, Young and gifted.

Jimbo Fisher- they were all kind of meh on this candidate.

I think I could actually be excited about Briles and Franklin actually. Briles intrigues me.

He then added hot up and coming Coordinators.

Jim Bob Cooter- OC Detroit
Terrel Austin- DC Detroit
Mike Patricia- DC NE, (Cavanaugh things he is going to be really good because he has coached everything from Oline to Safety. Plus he has a super high IQ).

Anyway just thought I would share. I really like the idea of Briles and Franklin actually. Briles is a winner no matter where he's been. Franklin is young and exciting.

The final candidate....they were all for him. Said he wants out of Zona, Bruce Arians. Would take it tomorrow!

I’d take Briles as QB or WR coach and Assistan OC to bring offense up to date

Defense needs new life rod needs to go

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Briles didn't do the crime. He just looked the other way.
Okay. You still don't need him around here based on the circus alone. In this day and age, looking the other way is as damning as committing the crime. See Greg Shiano and his "I got the Tennesse job, uh, now I don't have it."

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
He also said why would Jon Gruden leave the booth when he's making that much money etc. I don't think he would because he would have to face his brother twice per year.

So, he wouldn't take the job because he'd have to go up against his brother twice per year? What kind of logic is that?

Gruden is the natural candidate. He wants to coach again and Dallas is a great fit for him.

Kevin T

Reaction score
How about Chris Collinsworthless? He seems to know everything. Joe Buck as JC...jock coordinator.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tennessee's courting Gruden I think he's a guy that could come in take charge and turn this thing around and bring Jerry a Super Bowl
Well the hell with Jerry, bring us the Super Bowl anyway don't let them take the Tennessee job Jerry make a phone call

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Bruce Arians would be a pipe dream... I know he is not going to be popular, but I think Josh McDaniels would be a guy to consider. I think he would be better as a second time HC. I would stay away from the college coaches.

I actually like this idea. If not him please give us a "foot in your rear end" style of Coach. I don't want to call us soft but I don't see the nastiness I would like to see, especially on defense.