Coaching Change Isn’t the Only Problem

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s a major problem that needs to be addressed. Then you start fixing the other problems!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Hate this scenario. I want the new HC to be able to pick his staff and have a really, really MAJOR say in the personnel even if decisions are made none of us like. If it takes getting a Bill Cowher type to wield that kind of sword then so-be-it. With that said 5 years is what he should get. Not freakin 10 like Jerry's Fairy-Tale "Garrett".

except for two coaches, Jimmy and Bill, Jerry has been in complete control of hiring the position coaches.

wrongway

Reaction score
The combo of incompetent coach and meddling owner is killing this team. Jerry needs to hire a real coach and get out of his way. If he doesn't do that, if he just hires another puppet, we might as well just keep Garrett.
You'd think with a mega yacht he'd be content to sail around and count his money let others more competent run the show. 20 years football failure should be clear to see.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You'd think with a mega yacht he'd be content to sail around and count his money let others more competent run the show. 20 years football failure should be clear to see.

Exactly. I'm totally happy for Jerry if he wants to enjoy time in his beautiful yacht, visiting the amazing ports of the world, if he would hire the best GM and coach possible and let them run the show. He can anchor his yacht somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico or in Grand Caymon or some place and enjoy the games via satellite. There's no shame in being great at business, but bad at football, but he wants to prove he's some kind of football genius. He's not. Delegate, Jerry. I'm sure even Dwight D. Eisenhower delegated stuff to other soldiers who were more talented than he was at certain things.