Coaching isn’t what’s going to put us over the hump

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.

Look at the teams still in, are they not talented?

Do all of them have elite talent at every position?

Talent will never trump dysfunction. You need the other "T" word; therapy.

ghst187

Reaction score
Nooo, difference was DLine. They stopped us, we could not stop them. It shows that they spend many resources on the DLine, and we fill ours w/ JAGs. That was the biggest factor in this loss.

our DL isn’t that bad and you’re saying the difference was Dline when we out talented them at nearly every other position on the field? That’d be really sad if they one position group can beat the rest of our team…would make me think our coaches couldn’t figure it out or plan for it.
14 penalties to their what…? Four? = coaching
Our play crummy play calling = coaching
Players not really ready to play =coaching

Zman5

Reaction score
I disagree to a point. Yes talent will matter. That's a given but talent alone will not get it done without a good coach. KC with Garrette would not have accomplished what they accomplished past four seasons. Andy Reid is one of the biggest reasons they have been as successful.

He did the similar thing in Philly with McNabb. They did have good players but not elite players. T.O was the only elite players they had on offense. They also always had a good defense with a great DC but no elite players. Just a great scheme and a DC who knew how to get the players to run his defense effectively consistently.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Look at the teams still in, are they not talented?

Do all of them have elite talent at every position?

Talent will never trump dysfunction. You need the other "T" word; therapy.
They have better talent at key positions of strength.

We can’t protect our QB , run the ball or stop opponents running game. Basic fundamentals.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I disagree to a point. Yes talent will matter. That's a given but talent alone will not get it done without a good coach. KC with Garrette would not have accomplished what they accomplished past four seasons. Andy Reid is one of the biggest reasons they have been as successful.

He did the similar thing in Philly with McNabb. They did have good players but not elite players. T.O was the only elite players they had on offense. They also always had a good defense with a great DC but no elite players. Just a great scheme and a DC who knew how to get the players to run his defense effectively consistently.
It all begins with talent . Andy Reid could barely make the playoffs in KC until Mahomes showed up.

No wonder we’re still so popular . Too many have bought into the hype.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
our DL isn’t that bad and you’re saying the difference was Dline when we out talented them at nearly every other position on the field? That’d be really sad if they one position group can beat the rest of our team…would make me think our coaches couldn’t figure it out or plan for it.
14 penalties to their what…? Four? = coaching
Our play crummy play calling = coaching
Players not really ready to play =coaching
If our DL can’t pressure their QB or stop the running game then it’s over hyped and maybe not as good against better teams.

Measure the Cowboys in those losses not our wins.

kskboys

Reaction score
Kingsberry, Arians, and Andy Reid are all vastly superior to Fat Mike, if you cant see that I dont really know what to tell you.

And as far as talent goes, the difference in talent level is not that much between teams when you factor in salary cap, free agency, injuries, ect. That is why you see so many games where a team like the Jags goes to Buffalo and beats them or the Titans losing to the Jets during the season.

So the idea that the Cowboys are going to amass so much talent that they are just going to overwhelm their opponents is just ludicrous thinking, its never going to happen in this day and age. This aint the NBA, you cant create super teams loaded with all stars everywhere, you have 8-10 guys that take up the majority of your salary cap and the rest of the roster has to be cheap players like guys on one year deals or draft picks on rookie contracts.

So yeah, coaching matters.
The difference in having talent at the right positions is monstrous.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Kingsberry, Arians, and Andy Reid are all vastly superior to Fat Mike, if you cant see that I dont really know what to tell you.

And as far as talent goes, the difference in talent level is not that much between teams when you factor in salary cap, free agency, injuries, ect. That is why you see so many games where a team like the Jags goes to Buffalo and beats them or the Titans losing to the Jets during the season.

So the idea that the Cowboys are going to amass so much talent that they are just going to overwhelm their opponents is just ludicrous thinking, its never going to happen in this day and age. This aint the NBA, you cant create super teams loaded with all stars everywhere, you have 8-10 guys that take up the majority of your salary cap and the rest of the roster has to be cheap players like guys on one year deals or draft picks on rookie contracts.

So yeah, coaching matters.
But we aren’t going to get any of those coaches.

Zman5

Reaction score
It all begins with talent . Andy Reid could barely make the playoffs in KC until Mahomes showed up.

No wonder we’re still so popular . Too many have bought into the hype.

As I said, you need talent and coaching. Reid has done it with less talent in Philly.
We went 5-10 three years in a row with Campo.
Parcell took the same team to the playoffs his first year. Similar thing happened with the Rams and Sean McVay.

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
If our DL can’t pressure their QB or stop the running game then it’s over hyped and maybe not as good against better teams.

Measure the Cowboys in those losses not our wins.

Armstead is great but Bosa only played a little bit in our game before getting hurt…

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.

i get it.

But Dak couldn’t beat the 49ers cover 4/qtrs coverage

something ain’t right with the game preps.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As I said, you need talent and coaching. Reid has done it with less talent in Philly.
We went 5-10 three years in a row with Campo.
Parcell took the same team to the playoffs his first year. Similar thing happened with the Rams and Sean McVay.
Yes, as I have said good coaching can only take you so far without enough talent. Parcells is an excellent example in 2003. Probably greatest coaching job for Cowboys this era . But again only took us so far without more talent .

My point in this thread is not to discount coaching but that great coaching isn’t a hopeful possibility to make as much impact with our meddling ownership and why I’m proposing or suggesting that the greatest talent is needed to overcome .

Cmac

Reaction score
It helps tremendously though......bad coaching will ruin talent, misuse talent, or underutilize talent every day of the week.