Coaching isn’t what’s going to put us over the hump

DonaldM

Reaction score
I saved a few of them. I just recently finally figured out how to copy them on this site thru Imgur ap. They are too big to use as signature according to this sites rules. This is a much better managed site but fussy on some things which is fine. I can still share them in a post. Another Fav is in War Room as clowns . And the Emperor . Maybe the best creative ever. Unfortunately several of them are Garrett related which no longer apply.
Yes I recently got banned for a few days for masking a poopoo word I think. All good and respect what they have going on here. We were a bit out of hand on the other site. Guess that's why Sharlotte or whoever shut it down. We had some fun. Homers vs. realist. Good times.

dacoming

Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.
This team had enough talent to win the SB, poor coaching and lack of discipline is holding them back. That and all of our stars took the day off.

ESisback

Reaction score
Do you have anything to add to the topic or discussion or just trolling me ?

I did, many posts ago. You said To another poster “…that’s mere speculation. No one would have expected to go to Lambeau or Tampa and win, except for homers…”

THAT right there was condescending, implying that homers weren’t able to think beyond “rah rah”, and I said “…that’s mere speculation too. That’s all we do here…”

I also made the point that had we done better at playcalling and blocking schemes, we could absolutely compete with KC and Buffalo.

But you don’t wanna hear from Homers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This team had enough talent to win the SB, poor coaching and lack of discipline is holding them back. That and all of our stars took the day off.
Then you’re aligned with Jethro’s hype this team had enough talent. But yet didn’t prove it in games against proven SB contenders like Kansas City, Tampa and SF.

When you blow out lesser opponents but consistently lose to better opponents one might conclude our team isn’t as good or talented as hyped.

rambo2

Reaction score
Because I don’t abandon my local team like all these wagon fans around the country. For better or worse until death parts. That’s what Diehards do.

And i love our franchise. I just hate our ownership. And why the Cowboys are the most beloved franchise in Dallas/ Ft Worth but Jethro is most hated sports personality.
Sounds like you are jealous of Jerry.

ESisback

Reaction score
Then you’re aligned with Jethro’s hype this team had enough talent. But yet didn’t prove it in games against proven SB contenders like Kansas City, Tampa and SF.

When you blow out lesser opponents but consistently lose to better opponents one might conclude our team isn’t as good or talented as hyped.

Not me! We need more talent at LG, DT, LB, S. Should start looking for Tyron Smith’s replacement too. I’d like to bring back Callahan or Columbo.

rambo2

Reaction score

The reality is that as bad as they played against the 49ers, they were one play away from pulling that game out which would have given them at least another week before you and thousands of other could start bad mouthing them.

Flamma

Reaction score

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.

We don't have an elite QB. Most teams don't. Work with what we have. So I agree with you.

In today's NFL all QBs coming off a rookie deal insist on a market value contract. I would only give that to an elite QB. I would not have given that to QBs like Dak, Tannehill, Cousins, and QBs like that. You put yourself at a disadvantage. Don't pay them, let them walk and have a horrible season so you can get a QB like Burrow or Herbert.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I did, many posts ago. You said To another poster “…that’s mere speculation. No one would have expected to go to Lambeau or Tampa and win, except for homers…”

THAT right there was condescending, implying that homers weren’t able to think beyond “rah rah”, and I said “…that’s mere speculation too. That’s all we do here…”

I also made the point that had we done better at playcalling and blocking schemes, we could absolutely compete with KC and Buffalo.

But you don’t wanna hear from Homers.
At least you’ve accepted being a Homer. Some progress is better than none . Lol

It comes down to that it’s not really my thoughts that get to you as much how I present them with my arrogance and condescending tone . Good

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We don't have an elite QB. Most teams don't. Work with what we have. So I agree with you.

In today's NFL all QBs coming off a rookie deal insist on a market value contract. I would only give that to an elite QB. I would not have given that to QBs like Dak, Tannehill, Cousins, and QBs like that. You put yourself at a disadvantage. Don't pay them, let them walk and have a horrible season so you can get a QB like Burrow or Herbert.
It’s certainly looking that way .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The reality is that as bad as they played against the 49ers, they were one play away from pulling that game out which would have given them at least another week before you and thousands of other could start bad mouthing them.
I’m not sure I’d agree with the perception we were really that close . But it makes you feel better or supports your narrative .

dacoming

Reaction score

And what was the common denominator in the majority of the losses? Penalties, missed FGs, questionable coaching decisions. I agree we need to improve on the OL and other positions too. But there was enough talent this year to win IMO

Loso86

Reaction score

So then we should've just kept JG in your opinion....lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So then we should've just kept JG in your opinion....lol
I’m not sure it matters . But some fans need a renewed hope . Doesn’t look like this one will last long.

From what I’ve seen over this down era with numerous HC’s is the results haven’t mattered as much as the talent we’ve had.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A Homer with critical thinking skills? A hybrid? Is that possible? We’re ALL speculators!
Anything is possible . I think it often depends on where the criticism comes from. And how it’s presented .

We’ve seen fans bash Jimmy and Troy. It’s unbelievable who some will bash cause they dont like the criticism .

They don’t necessarily counter their criticism just attack them personally for offering up criticism.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And what was the common denominator in the majority of the losses? Penalties, missed FGs, questionable coaching decisions. I agree we need to improve on the OL and other positions too. But there was enough talent this year to win IMO
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. I’m just not sure there was enough evidence this year against these proven winners .

We looked awesome and SB material blowing several average to less than average opponents . And then we looked average against most better opponents.

6-0 against our division and 6-6 against the rest with only 1 win against a team with 10 or more wins isn’t what I’d call worthy of SB hype . It comes off more like a Homer than a sound football critique or analysis.

ESisback

Reaction score
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. I’m just not sure there was enough evidence this year against these proven winners .

We looked awesome and SB material blowing several average to less than average opponents . And then we looked average against most better opponents.

6-0 against our division and 6-6 against the rest with only 1 win against a team with 10 or more wins isn’t what I’d call worthy of SB hype . It comes off more like a Homer than a sound football critique or analysis.

I agree, but the difference between winning and losing is minuscule. It usually comes down to two or three plays, and against the better teams, the majority of those plays occurred because of our weaknesses:
1)kicking misses
2)Holding at LG
3)The OC not leaning on the running game
4)Pass interfence against Brown

Cleaning those up would go a long way.