Coaching isn’t what’s going to put us over the hump

Loso86

Reaction score
I’m not sure it matters . But some fans need a renewed hope . Doesn’t look like this one will last long.

From what I’ve seen over this down era with numerous HC’s is the results haven’t mattered as much as the talent we’ve had.
So are you saying all coaches don't matter or most?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So are you saying all coaches don't matter or most?
I’m just saying it hasn’t mattered much this era under this dysfunctional ownership.

But generally yea. Coaching matters . In the NFL talent matters more. Great coaches often assemble great talent and together do great things .But great coaching without enough talent can only go so far.

Our situation under this toxic ownership is unique. After a half dozen HC’s this era who don’t have the last word in personnel I’m not sure if coaching is enough. I’d like our chances better if we had the greatest talent .

Loso86

Reaction score
I’m just saying it hasn’t mattered much this era under this dysfunctional ownership.

But generally yea. Coaching matters . In the NFL talent matters more. Great coaches often assemble great talent and together do great things .But great coaching without enough talent can only go so far.

Our situation under this toxic ownership is unique. After a half dozen HC’s this era who don’t have the last word in personnel I’m not sure if coaching is enough. I’d like our chances better if we had the greatest talent .
I wouldn't call our ownership toxic and dysfunctional but I kind of see what you saying

dacoming

Reaction score
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. I’m just not sure there was enough evidence this year against these proven winners .

We looked awesome and SB material blowing several average to less than average opponents . And then we looked average against most better opponents.

6-0 against our division and 6-6 against the rest with only 1 win against a team with 10 or more wins isn’t what I’d call worthy of SB hype . It comes off more like a Homer than a sound football critique or analysis.
Football analysts each week raved about the talent on our team, even Stephen A. So my thoughts are not those of a Homer. I too have pointed out how we beat up the bad teams and come up short against quality teams. A good coach would get the most out of that talent and get them to play smart disciplined Football. That's the difference between the Cowboys and the teams still playing. Do you think they all have more talent? Most of our losses were decided by less than 5 points and in each of those games there was at least 1 missed kick, multiple penalties and often at least one questionable coaching decision. To me my guy, this is sound football analysis.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Football analysts each week raved about the talent on our team, even Stephen A. So my thoughts are not those of a Homer. I too have pointed out how we beat up the bad teams and come up short against quality teams. A good coach would get the most out of that talent and get them to play smart disciplined Football. That's the difference between the Cowboys and the teams still playing. Do you think they all have more talent? Most of our losses were decided by less than 5 points and in each of those games there was at least 1 missed kick, multiple penalties and often at least one questionable coaching decision. To me my guy, this is sound football analysis.
Anything coming out of our ownership is strictly to sell and hype their product.

Great coaching could help maximize but that’s not an option with our dysfunctional organization and why Id recommend the greatest talent including QB, offense and defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wouldn't call our ownership toxic and dysfunctional but I kind of see what you saying
That’s what many critics have called them with our ownership meddling and insist on remaining in control .

And with that culture our dysfunctional ownership has created many have called it too toxic for success regardless our coaching and or talent .

ESisback

Reaction score
That’s what many critics have called them with our ownership meddling and insist on remaining in control .

And with that culture our dysfunctional ownership has created many have called it too toxic for success regardless our coaching and or talent .
Look up dysfunctional ownership in the dictionary, and you’ll see “”Pirates…Nuttings”

ghst187

Reaction score
There’s just no way we can match up against teams with more Elite QB’s and better offenses and or defenses and expect to come out on top.

Our culture just isn’t conducive to success. The only exception was in 1995 when we had by far the best talent to overcome our toxIc culture . And it wasn’t enough in 1994.

San Fran is def not more talented and Jimmy G isn’t even very good…difference was coaching…100%

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.
Talent does not overcome dysfunction at GM, HC, OC and over valuing a defense that gave up 4.5 yards per carry.

Draft defense heavy again, tell Dak to get the RBs involved in the passing game and Cooper is your no.1 WR, and run the ball when no one is open like he did all his successful QB life. Then the Arlington Jonesboys just might become the Dallas Cowboys again.

kskboys

Reaction score
San Fran is def not more talented and Jimmy G isn’t even very good…difference was coaching…100%
Nooo, difference was DLine. They stopped us, we could not stop them. It shows that they spend many resources on the DLine, and we fill ours w/ JAGs. That was the biggest factor in this loss.

offlimits

Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.

Silly. ALL NFL clubs have weaknesses. Free agency insures this. You hire TOP coaches to mask your weaknesses or to provide help.

Loso86

Reaction score

Lol we are nowhere near Washington and other teams. At the end of the day just WIN. Players are paid well to play and coaches are paid well to coach. Enough excuses for those on the field in between the lines. Same ownership that won 3 out of 4

Loso86

Reaction score
They are.
Doubtful. Toxic is what the Bengals were and the Football team etc. At the end of the day these players and coaches who get paid WELL need to just play amd coach. That's not an excuse for how they play.

Forneymike

Reaction score
Well now you have a QB that’s cap number will crush the surrounding talent.

That’s why you don’t pay solid QBs like they’re elite. Cowboys fans and management never learn.
What was the cap number in 2021 and 2022? Do you even know or just saying stuff? You never have an alternative either to Dak? Let me critique your plan.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Same with Arizona, Las Vegas, Tampa and Kansas City?

Kingsberry, Arians, and Andy Reid are all vastly superior to Fat Mike, if you cant see that I dont really know what to tell you.

And as far as talent goes, the difference in talent level is not that much between teams when you factor in salary cap, free agency, injuries, ect. That is why you see so many games where a team like the Jags goes to Buffalo and beats them or the Titans losing to the Jets during the season.

So the idea that the Cowboys are going to amass so much talent that they are just going to overwhelm their opponents is just ludicrous thinking, its never going to happen in this day and age. This aint the NBA, you cant create super teams loaded with all stars everywhere, you have 8-10 guys that take up the majority of your salary cap and the rest of the roster has to be cheap players like guys on one year deals or draft picks on rookie contracts.

So yeah, coaching matters.

Forneymike

Reaction score
Well now you have a QB that’s cap number will crush the surrounding talent.

That’s why you don’t pay solid QBs like they’re elite. Cowboys fans and management never learn.
By the way the cap number was 17 this year and 33 next year which can be reduced easily. People that believe the cap holds a team back doesn’t understand the cap. If you don’t want to pay Dak that’s fine but do it based on performance not cap. Lol. Give me a decent QB that will,play for what you want to pay them. Lol