Coaching Matters and a Super star QB. See KC

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Of course you can never down play Mahome’s importance to the Chiefs. That would be stupid! BUT coaching matters AND the Chiefs have it in spades.

Andy Reed is arguably the best OC in football AND Steve Spagnola is the best DC with a job( see Belichick). Spagnola is the reason I picked the Chiefs. He is the most under rated DC in football. When KC had to have plays, late in the game, to force the Whiners to kick FG’s Spagnola dialed up excellently designed plays. He put his players in good position to make plays.

If I was Jerry, I would give Spagnola a call. Offer him the assistant HCing job and DC job. Spagnola is a DIFFERENCE maker.

Also, this Superbowl again proved defense is not dead in the NFL. I wish we would go all in on our Defense. My 1st move in FA! Go after Chris Jones.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
KC has great coaching but they don’t see any of these Super Bowls without Mahomes. He’s the biggest difference maker at the QB position in decades. He completely took over the game in the second half.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Of course you can never down play Mahome’s importance to the Chiefs. That would be stupid! BUT coaching matters AND the Chiefs have it in spades.

Andy Reed is arguably the best OC in football AND Steve Spagnola is the best DC with a job( see Belichick). Spagnola is the reason I picked the Chiefs. He is the most under rated DC in football. When KC had to have plays, late in the game, to force the Whiners to kick FG’s Spagnola dialed up excellently designed plays. He put his players in good position to make plays.

If I was Jerry, I would give Spagnola a call. Offer him the assistant HCing job and DC job. Spagnola is a DIFFERENCE maker.

Also, this Superbowl again proved defense is not dead in the NFL. I wish we would go all in on our Defense. My 1st move in FA! Go after Chris Jones.
We should poach anyone from their staff. Imagine putting Chris Jones in the locker room with D-Burnt Out-Law. Little Tank would wet himself.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should poach anyone from their staff. Imagine putting Chris Jones in the locker room with D-Burnt Out-Law. Little Tank would wet himself.
Or we could have charles haley come in, take his meds away for a week////and instead of our players peeing on themselves....Haley can just pee on them.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Ya know we could have drafted Jones but went with Jaylon Smith.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know we could have drafted Jones but went with Jaylon Smith.
giphy.gif

MikeyJones214

Reaction score

How the heck does anyone watch that game and come out thinking we are a defensive coordinator away ? Lol

That game basically showed that a super star QB will always outclass a complete team with an average/good QB

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Dak would have crapped his pants in Overtime. No contest here. And with all that talk from CD and Micah lately... heck we aren't a DC away. We are light-years away from anything close to success (12 win regular seasons haha). But that's mindset (coaching, culture) before anything else. QB next, then defense.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak would have crapped his pants in Overtime. No contest here. And with all that talk from CD and Micah lately... heck we aren't a DC away. We are light-years away from anything close to success (12 win regular seasons haha). But that's mindset (coaching, culture) before anything else. QB next, then defense.
OT? Dak would have never seen OT. He would have lost this game by halftime.

stinkface

Reaction score
Mahomes has zero problem calling out his teammates when they make mistakes. Does it all the time. Dak has never done that. He us quite content with just being the QB of the Cowboys and getting everything that comes with it. Mahomes has talent, fire and passion. That's why he is already heading to Canton even if he never played another down in the nfl.

zerofill

Reaction score
I keep reading how Patrick Mahomes has a photographic memory. Basically going over things on film or diagrams, and he
can instantly recognize it on the field. I think the dude with some of his movements and motions prior to going to the huddle
reminds me of Aspergers or something. Like Elon Musk has...

We may have to pre-screen QBs in the future lol... look for ones with photographic memories and autism. :laugh:

zerofill

Reaction score
Mahomes has zero problem calling out his teammates when they make mistakes. Does it all the time. Dak has never done that. He us quite content with just being the QB of the Cowboys and getting everything that comes with it. Mahomes has talent, fire and passion. That's why he is already heading to Canton even if he never played another down in the nfl.
3 Super bowls guaranteed that lol.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

WE CAN"T AFFORD JONES, I wish people would stop posting this, how the hell can you get him, lamb, JAK, and Micah and other signed!! There's other options