Coaching matters

glimmerman

Reaction score
Because he ran so much when he was an offensive coordinator?
No. Just the way it looked like a Linehan called game. I think Linehan called games the way JG wanted. The balance was expected since Elliot is getting in better game shape. The run he made to ice this game today will be runs he makes earlier next week. I don’t expect to see much motion next week either. We will line up and try to use the same game plan next week as this week to not show our hand with the motion. Although I think it should be sprinkled in so we can continue working on the execution...

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dallas isn’t playing for FG’s, that makes a huge difference.
Only 1 attempt this year so far. And this week was only because of penalties that killed the drive. We had a TD but Cooper held and likely didn’t need to. Then a false start. We just can’t stand it...

EST_1986

Reaction score
This is a weird one with Rod.

We’re not playing that good defensively but we’re not getting scored on.

D line needs to get better and I think we’ll be ok.
DLine is what he “coaches”

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree, I think on the last TD drive Dallas had we would have handed the ball off just trying to run the clock and end up punting it back to Wash. This time big play action for 15 yard gain to Witten and 1st down to keep the drive going. Dallas was not afraid to throw the ball
Going for a 2 yard play on 3rd and 2.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak is playing great. The receivers are playing great. The scheme and the playcalling is excellent.

The group I don't think is getting enough credit is the O-line. There are some massive holes on run plays and Dak frequently can check off his safe time in the pocket with a calendar. Frederick being back is bigger than people give it credit for.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Shows how outdated Linehan was. As long as JG doesn’t get in the way of Moore this year, we should have a good season.
Seriously. Let Kellen run the show. Just have your team ready to play. No reason this team can't be 13-3 like in 2016 with home field.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We went from one of the worst scoring offenses last year to one of the best...

What changed you say?

Kellen Moore....

we are holding on to bad coaching on D the same way we held on to Linehan,Marinelli does nothing for this team.

kskboys

Reaction score
People forget Garrett was a pass happy coordinator as an OC, people complained then, he then went to the run and people still complain.
N he still went back to passpasspass at the strangest times.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Genius. He picks one of the biggest 1st round busts in franchise history so let's let him pick a DT who had issues with his college coach. I don't know why Dallas lets him draft it's usually past his bedtime.

Rod reminds me of Jerry- the old man who plays chess on the pixar short movie.