Coaching observation

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were favored to win all of those games. At Philly, at San Francisco, and at Buffalo were huge games. You can't put them in the same category as playing at home against Seattle and Detroit. Those are the games that let you know if you're a contender or not. We were embarrassed in two of them, and choked away the Eagles game. The only time we actually beat true contenders was back in 2016 when we had a great running game.
Tell him to post 3 signature wins by Dak in the last 8 seasons.
The key word is "Signature" with the above.
P.S. Tampa doesn't count as it was an 8-9 playoff team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
One part of this team's problems is that Jerry has no mental concept of what a good QB looks like. I seriously doubt Stephen does, either. Perhaps Will McClay does, but it seems he lacks the OK from Jerry to pursue acquiring one through the draft. That's a serious issue, in and of itself.

Other teams routinely get QBs in their drafts, while the Cowboys consistently fail to consider drafting them throughout their long history of drafts. Once they do, it's never a round one attempt to acquire one. A fear of failure certainly appears to be at fault with that tendency.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
History is a good indicator of future success…Big Mike was instrumental in Daks development to near mvp levels… and with ver little running game…. Dan Q has historic meltdowns in big games… check time in Seattle Super Bowl… Atlanta Super Bowl and now this past year vs newcomer GB… I would not be surprised if we do better this year if we improve the run game and if Zim instills that discipline in the defense that was lacking with Quinn
Big Mike has playoff meltdowns too.

We just watched one.

Check the Packers NFC playoff loss.

Brooksey

Reaction score
That's not what Warner said. That's what you are saying because you don't understand the concept of the play.
I don't understand the concept of a slant? I think you mean Dak doesn't

Once again at 7:10 Kurt Warner said "Im gonna almost treat it like a hot read, that's the soft part of the zone, he's going to hit the inside slant, that's the gimme throw."

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Dak delivered against .500+ record opponents in 2023:

Like this game...

Or this game...

Or this game...

There are more but you get the point. Bro, let's stop the nonsense of saying that Dak fails to deliver against quality opponents.

He didn’t against Buffalo, Miami, SF or GB.

Detroit lost because of Campbells stupidity and Philly was a tire fire when they came to Dallas at the end of the year.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
One part of this team's problems is that Jerry has no mental concept of what a good QB looks like. I seriously doubt Stephen does, either. Perhaps Will McClay does, but it seems he lacks the OK from Jerry to pursue acquiring one through the draft. That's a serious issue, in and of itself.

Other teams routinely get QBs in their drafts, while the Cowboys consistently fail to consider drafting them throughout their long history of drafts. Once they do, it's never a round one attempt to acquire one. A fear of failure certainly appears to be at fault with that tendency.
Drafting QBs in round one isn’t the end all be all. Look at SF. They got Steve Young from Tampa. Drafted Kaepernick in the 2nd, traded for Jimmy G and their most recent QB was Mr irrelevant.

Their one QB drafted high has been a bust. Meanwhile how many QBs have the Bears drafted high and they’ve all failed because the rest of the team wasn’t built.

With the rules as they are, I’d argue it’s more important to build the rest of the team first and have a cerebral system QB run the team.

I think you can find them in the first 3 rounds anywhere if the rest of the team is built.

Mahomes is a 1/1 type prospect. Teams looking for the next Mahomes aren’t going to find it. Even then the Chiefs knew he has the strongest arm in the league, let’s go get track stars for him to build the team with.

Flamma

Reaction score
Tell him to post 3 signature wins by Dak in the last 8 seasons.
The key word is "Signature" with the above.
P.S. Tampa doesn't count as it was an 8-9 playoff team.
You want 3? I can't recall a single one beyond 2016. But we've had plenty of signature losses over the years.

Dutton

Reaction score
McMike should have been fired after that embarrassing lose to Green Bay . Dakota needs a Valium before playoff games.

morasp

Reaction score
DQ's didn't.

It's possible I missed something the final socre was 48-32 with one pick six by Prescott and one missed extra point by the Packers. Here are the Packers offensive scoring plays.

Scoring Play: (Shotgun) A.Jones right guard for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Scoring Play: A.Jones left guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Scoring Play: (Shotgun) J.Love pass deep middle to D.Wicks for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
Extra Point No Good

Scoring Play: A.Jones right guard for 9 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Scoring Play: J.Love pass deep right to L.Musgrave for 38 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Scoring Play: (Shotgun) J.Love pass short middle to R.Doubs for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Last edited:

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol people are in for a rude awakening on Zimmer. Fans wanted him gone for good reason, I guarantee you we wont have as many turnovers on defense as we've had the past 3 seasons. Quinn was a huge reason for that

Carter

Reaction score
The GB Game was 50% Defense and 50% Dak. Defense was trash from the beginning playing a weird scheme letting the get easy Points and Dak immediately turned into deer-in-headlights playoff Dak throwing a Pick 6 and another Pick to burry them

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
TPHqbZL.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He didn’t against Buffalo, Miami, SF or GB.

Detroit lost because of Campbells stupidity and Philly was a tire fire when they came to Dallas at the end of the year.
Like I said for the millionth time, it's extremely hard to win against the best teams when you're Oline sucks, you've got no run game whatsoever, you've got only 1 legit WR and your Defense can't stop the run or the pass (half the time).

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Like I said for the millionth time, it's extremely hard to win against the best teams when you're Oline sucks, you've got no run game whatsoever, you've got only 1 legit WR and your Defense can't stop the run or the pass (half the time).
So would you say the Cowboys would be better to take Daks money to address those other areas that they’re deficient in?

MikeT22

Reaction score
Drafting QBs in round one isn’t the end all be all. Look at SF. They got Steve Young from Tampa. Drafted Kaepernick in the 2nd, traded for Jimmy G and their most recent QB was Mr irrelevant.

Their one QB drafted high has been a bust. Meanwhile how many QBs have the Bears drafted high and they’ve all failed because the rest of the team wasn’t built.

With the rules as they are, I’d argue it’s more important to build the rest of the team first and have a cerebral system QB run the team.
And not drafting a QB in the first, and only 1 in the first 3 rounds, in the last 30 years has worked out so well in Dallas.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So would you say the Cowboys would be better to take Daks money to address those other areas that they’re deficient in?
And be without a top franchise QB? How has that worked out in the past? Did you say the same about Romo when he got paid big time twice? I seriously doubt it. You're not fooling anyone.

Verdict

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Zimmer’s consistently had good defenses. Tough, disciplined. Exactly what the Cowboys defensive podcasters need. Someone to get on their ***. He’s going to do that.
Quinn did a pretty good job, early on, but as time progressed, it seemed like his defenses were focused on prioritizing sacks over being a sound base defense. How many times did we give up first downs on 3rd and very long on a QB run, or a busted play? Far too often.

I suspect that Zimmer’s defenses will get fewer sacks and fewer turnovers, but play more fundamentally sound defense and be better against the run. We will see if my intuition is correct or not soon enough.

All I know is that I was ready for DQ to find a new job by the end of last year. lol. It’s going to be interesting to see how he uses Parsons and whether or not that Parsons “buys in” to Zimmer’s vision, if that vision does not have Parsons rushing the passer from the end position almost every play.