Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cobb is good - when healthy. he's just never healthy. at best, he has a few flash/glam games a year and it makes people go OOH AH but they don't show you the rest of the year when he's in the MASH unit.
The stats don't show that. He played 13 or more games in all but 2 of 8 seasons.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I wonder how many here get that reference...
dunno. but first time i ever used it i got banned for saying that to someone. after i explained it's just my way of saying "whatever, ignore" its been fine.

flosho

Reaction score
Cobb would be a good addition. He was in a passing offense that featured Devonte adams and Jordy Nelson the year prior. Last year he was banged up.

Cobb has sure hands and can return punts as well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dunno. but first time i ever used it i got banned for saying that to someone. after i explained it's just my way of saying "whatever, ignore" its been fine.
Interesting. Maybe it comes across as calling somebody "boy" if they don't get the reference.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke got us to the playoffs.
You know how ridiculous that sounds. How many touchdowns did Elliott have. Yeah he was a big part of the offense Pierce but that was part of the downfall because we didn't have balance. It's a team effort

Kaiser

Reaction score
You missed your calling as an editor. Nobody cherry-picks things out of posts while ignoring everything else the way you do. It's akin to fraudulent misrepresentation.

No, its akin to pointing out a really flawed argument. You called Cobb's numbers "pedestrian" when his most recent full season put him in the top 30 of the league and 3 catches away from what our #1 WR put up.

So stay with me, the point is that PEDESTRIAN IS THE WRONG WORD TO USE.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got the Walton's quote, I just didn't think it was worth replying to.
I figured you got it.

I just wondered in general how many wouldn't get it.

You're winning the debate in this thread by the way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, its akin to pointing out a really flawed argument. You called Cobb's numbers "pedestrian" when his most recent full season put him in the top 30 of the league and 3 catches away from what our #1 WR put up.

So stay with me, the point is that PEDESTRIAN IS THE WRONG WORD TO USE.

It's entirely applicable.

A receiver who made $10 million a year over the past 4 season hasn't put up one over 1,000 yards.

And during three of those years, he didn't even break 700 yards!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00.htm

If you don't feel those are "pedestrian numbers" for paying $10 million a year?

tenor.gif

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cole Beasley had the best hands in the league four passes percentages caught. How does Randall Cobb stand in that category. It's not about how many yards it's about can you catch the football . Easley was a third-down making machine when he got an opportunity. Is that what Randall Cobb can do for us I don't know I haven't followed his career. But that's what's most important to me not dropping footballs

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's entirely applicable.

A receiver who made $10 million a year over the past 4 season hasn't put up one over 1,000 yards.

And during three of those years, he didn't even break 700 yards!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00.htm

If you don't feel those are "pedestrian numbers" for paying $10 million a year?

tenor.gif
How much did we pay Dez Bryant. How many yards did he average. I didn't like Dez because of all the footballs he dropped. He was dramatic a touchdown machine. But he dropped the football at the most important times he was a drive killer. It's not about yards for me

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much did we pay Dez Bryant. How many yards did he average. I didn't like Dez because of all the footballs he dropped. He was dramatic a touchdown machine. But he dropped the football at the most important times he was a drive killer. It's not about yards for me

And we ultimately cut Dez for that lack of production. Whatever it might be "about" for you, Cobb hasn't shown it. Not since 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.