*** SPOILERS *** Cobra Kai - Season 2

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finished season 2 last night. Gotta say, I don't feel it improved all that much. It seemed like it was going to, then fell flat.
I could have predicted you would say that, Sam. Once most people form an opinion beforehand, they will stick with it. To each his own though.

There are plenty of shows everyone else likes that I do not. I do not think Cobra Kai is a great show. Not even close. It's a low budget show that survives completely off of nostalgia for the fans of a 1980s movie trilogy.

It is a bit predictable and clichéd at times as would be expected for that type of show. I could easily list a lot of other TV shows I would rather watch, but for what it is, it was enjoyable to watch, at least for me.

I think the final scene setup a better story line that should have been in place much earlier, but it will be interesting to see if it plays out as expected (again, predictable).

In any case, if they cancel the show, it will not bother me and if they renew it, I will likely watch it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I could have predicted you would say that, Sam. Once most people form an opinion beforehand, they will stick with it. To each his own though.

There are plenty of shows everyone else likes that I do not. I do not think Cobra Kai is a great show. Not even close. It's a low budget show that survives completely off of nostalgia for the fans of a 1980s movie trilogy.

It is a bit predictable and clichéd at times as would be expected for that type of show. I could easily list a lot of other TV shows I would rather watch, but for what it is, it was enjoyable to watch, at least for me.

I think the final scene setup a better story line that should have been in place much earlier, but it will be interesting to see if it plays out as expected (again, predictable).

In any case, if they cancel the show, it will not bother me and if they renew it, I will likely watch it.
One thing that I find extremely annoying is Daniel's is an self-important emotional train-wreck. That definitely wasn't who he was or what Mr. Miyagi taught him. Where I thought it was getting better is when Johnny and Daniel kind of started to become friends. As Robby said, they could teach each other something, but then crazy Daniel gets his panties in a wad again and it's over.

I feel dirty for the fact that I want Johnny to win, and Daniel to fail. Daniel is just a high maintenance drama queen. I hate those types of people. I would rather Kreese win than Daniel if he remains like that lol

I suspect that Johnny and Daniel will team up against Kreese in season three and Miguel will make a miraculous comeback to win the All-Valley Championship. That will likely be the show's finale and they can finally remake the A-Team! :D

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I watched the 1st season and maybe 4-5 episodes into season two over the weekend. It's not terrible, but I don't think it's great. I will likely finish the second season because I'm already through a lot of it. I can't really see myself waiting around for another season though.

I think the most interesting part of it is seeing these guys reprise their roles after so many years. It's stupid that he (you know who I'm talking about) allowed that other guy back into his life for any reason whatsoever. That in itself makes it hard to connect with the second season. Just not believable.

Yea, one of the things I enjoyed most about season 1 was the dynamics of how they showed Johnny's perspective on how things played out, humanizing him along the way. Having him team up with the "other guy" makes it seem like they are just going to recreate the same plot with different kids. Disappointed they didn't go in a different direction with things.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

yea, what success johnny found along the way he gave back with the challenger. personally i'd have just painted it. again. :)

but yea, the "friend request" after he threw his phone - yep. this should have happened sooner but hope it plays out for the return of that character. (trying to be vague here)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
One thing that I find extremely annoying is Daniel's is an self-important emotional train-wreck. That definitely wasn't who he was or what Mr. Miyagi taught him. Where I thought it was getting better is when Johnny and Daniel kind of started to become friends. As Robby said, they could teach each other something, but then crazy Daniel gets his panties in a wad again and it's over.

I feel dirty for the fact that I want Johnny to win, and Daniel to fail. Daniel is just a high maintenance drama queen. I hate those types of people. I would rather Kreese win than Daniel if he remains like that lol

I suspect that Johnny and Daniel will team up against Kreese in season three and Miguel will make a miraculous comeback to win the All-Valley Championship. That will likely be the show's finale and they can finally remake the A-Team! :D
That's kind of exactly who Daniel was.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am fairly certain everyone who has watched the show assumes that will happen which is why I said its a bit predictable :D

The whole show has been about Johnny's redemption, rather than post-Miyagi Daniel.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That's kind of exactly who Daniel was.
No, in the original show, he was a naive kid. He was supposed to be educated. That was the exact premise behind the entire movie. The Karate fighting was just backstory to fill in the gap and make for drama. It's like a love story. The love story is what it's about and all the other stuff just adds to the drama.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I am fairly certain everyone who has watched the show assumes that will happen which is why I said its a bit predictable :D

The whole show has been about Johnny's redemption, rather than post-Miyagi Daniel.

Exactly, and it's the drama queen that I hate so much. lol, I've been married and raised a beautiful young lady. Man do I love them both, but ******** do I hate that drama!!!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No, in the original show, he was a naive kid. He was supposed to be educated. That was the exact premise behind the entire movie. The Karate fighting was just backstory to fill in the gap and make for drama. It's like a love story. The love story is what it's about and all the other stuff just adds to the drama.
You must have seen a very different Karate Kid than what I grew up with.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
What? A naive kid being taught Karate and wisdom by an old man? What was the movie you saw about? :D
danny over-reacted time and again and got emotional a lot in the original karate kid. it was his hallmark. him doing it now isn't very different as he's just grown up doing the same traits as he did then.

Big_D

Reaction score
Already renewed for season 3. I just hope Elizabeth Shue comes back! :popcorn: It's setup for Johnny and Daniel to team up and save the day.. and teach the moronic kids at cobra kai a valuable lesson in the process.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
danny over-reacted time and again and got emotional a lot in the original karate kid. it was his hallmark. him doing it now isn't very different as he's just grown up doing the same traits as he did then.

He was an immature kid. As noted, the entire premise of the original movies where his growth from a maturity and discipline standpoint. In the movies, he got a lot better. Now, he is just like he was once the opening credits of the original movie.

Though I don't feel the need to argue this point.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He was an immature kid. As noted, the entire premise of the original movies where his growth from a maturity and discipline standpoint. In the movies, he got a lot better. Now, he is just like he was once the opening credits of the original movie.

Though I don't feel the need to argue this point.
not arguing - discussing. :)

i'm 53 and still fall into some traits of when i was a teen and growing up.

punchnjudy

Reaction score

I think a more realistic ending to s3 would be:

Kreese ends up with Cobra Kai, the dealership, Daniel's property, and Ali as his caregiver.

Johnny and Daniel get 5-10 for assaulting a senior citizen. :)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finally busted out season 2 this weekend and just finished. I really enjoyed it. Of course there were a few cheesy parts but that's also what makes it so great! I'm stoked for season 3. I read earlier that this fall they are making the show available to all YouTube audiences (you'll no longer have to have Premium).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I think a more realistic ending to s3 would be:

Kreese ends up with Cobra Kai, the dealership, Daniel's property, and Ali as his caregiver.

Johnny and Daniel get 5-10 for assaulting a senior citizen. :)

Sounds about like the GoT season eight writers are writing season three of this show too.