Cold Pizza: Branch Has Stress Fractures in Leg

Pabst

Reaction score
I'm not sure that this is true.

But if it is, Branch better buy himself a parachute. Because he's going skydiving down the draft.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;1461205 said:
the agent has got to think about his future- if he were to try and pull a stunt like that, no NFL team would ever trust him again.

Don't remember Drew R (I think it was him) sitting with McGahee while sportscenter were rolling the cameras? He, Drew, pretended he was on the phone talking with a team which prompted Buffalo to go ahead and pick him in the first round at their spot.

Or how about the Postons doing whatever they do and many owners not caring for them.

Now I know this does not equal hiding an injury but with some of these agents nothing would surprise me.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1461197 said:
Unless they happened after the combine and he was still training hard to improve on his pro day.
Let me put my conspiracy theorist hat on.

Right after his Pro Day is when his stock first began to drop. The strange thing was that no one really knew or would say why he was falling. There was the "he didn't do well in interviews" line and the "doesn't have a high motor" line. Nothing really concrete, though.

At his Pro Day he chose to do the cone and shuttle that he didn't do at the Combine. The numbers he put up were about the worst of any DT in this draft. If he injured it between the Combine and his Pro Day, it would explain his horrible time and why there was a buzz that his stock was falling.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If this is true- AND THAT IS A BIG "IF"- then he will drop probably to late rd 2 at best- maybe into the second day.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Branch was not in top shape at the combine. So if it DID happen, it was before then probably- or maybe at the combine? I doubt it.
Brain, hiding an injury is beyond the pale even with the Postons; any agent that does that is toast. There are some things that you cannot get away with- that is one of them.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;1461217 said:
Branch was not in top shape at the combine. So if it DID happen, it was before then probably- or maybe at the combine? I doubt it.
Brain, hiding an injury is beyond the pale even with the Postons; any agent that does that is toast. There are some things that you cannot get away with- that is one of them.

You are right.

However I still say this could a legit rumor.

Normally NFL teams will know more about these things than the media or fans.

As I have said there have been times when a player went way down the draft and people were wondering why only to later find out that teams knew he had a medical condition or a legal problem that had not came out in the press.

IF the teams do know, maybe the agent has already told them or maybe they, teams, found it during a scheduled visit.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Its almost a certainty that if it is true the teams know it- but if that is the case why has it taken this long to get out to the general public (as much as those like us can be considered the general public)? If this has been around for a couple of months- SOMEONE would have spilled the beans by now.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1461223 said:
You are right.

However I still say this could a legit rumor.

Normally NFL teams will know more about these things than the media or fans.

As I have said there have been times when a player went way down the draft and people were wondering why only to later find out that teams knew he had a medical condition or a legal problem that had not came out in the press.

IF the teams do know, maybe the agent has already told them or maybe they, teams, found it during a scheduled visit.
Right. Just because it hasn't been reported until now doesn't mean he's been hiding it. Heck, we just learned about the pot smoking admissions yesterday, but those admissions occurred during interviews that happened weeks ago.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;1461227 said:
Its almost a certainty that if it is true the teams know it- but if that is the case why has it taken this long to get out to the general public (as much as those like us can be considered the general public)? If this has been around for a couple of months- SOMEONE would have spilled the beans by now.

With the idea that this rumor could be true...

Well it is getting out now.

I wish I remember if it was Rod Wright or maybe another player a few years back but nobody could figure out why this guy was falling. Not the fans, not the guys paid to know the stuff on ESPN or other outlets. But the guy kept falling.

Than a day or two after the draft it came out the reason he had fallen...do not even remember the reason now.

Oh man my memory is shot to today. I need a nap.:laugh2:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1461236 said:
With the idea that this rumor could be true...

Well it is getting out now.

I wish I remember if it was Rod Wright or maybe another player a few years back but nobody could figure out why this guy was falling. Not the fans, not the guys paid to know the stuff on ESPN or other outlets. But the guy kept falling.

Than a day or two after the draft it came out the reason he had fallen...do not even remember the reason now.

Oh man my memory is shot to today. I need a nap.:laugh2:

Pretty sure it was Rod Wright. I dont know the reason either.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ok, Mel Kiper apparently reported this yesterday on ESPN as well.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1461245 said:
Ok, Mel Kiper apparently reported this yesterday on ESPN as well.

You are such a Debbie Downer.

Damn you and your bad news.

(could be good I guess if he falls and falls and we still draft him later)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
smarta5150;1461252 said:

No kidding. I'm thinking this is great news. If we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd, wow..that'd be great.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
smarta5150;1461252 said:

I'd still be fine with him in the 2nd round (assuming the rumor is true). And if we suspect it's not, pull the trigger at 22.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Could be a Chris Canty Type of Pick. (Who I think will still be a great player)

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1461255 said:
No kidding. I'm thinking this is great news. If we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd, wow..that'd be great.

2nd round and I will be the happiest Cowboy fan on draft day.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
The Cowboys have been willing to take calculated risks with injuries on draft day.

Carpenter, Canty, Burnett (ACL history, if I remember right), and Jacob Rogers are a few recent examples.

Not sure that the Cowboys are more willing to consider injured prospects (or injury histories) than other teams, but ....

burmafrd

Reaction score
If he falls past the 2nd rd we probably would take a chance- if the Coaches/Scouts really think he can upgrade the NT position. Myself I think if you have a serious health concern 3rd rd is about the highest pick I would use if I really thought the guy could be a real player.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;1461273 said:
If he falls past the 2nd rd we probably would take a chance- if the Coaches/Scouts really think he can upgrade the NT position. Myself I think if you have a serious health concern 3rd rd is about the highest pick I would use if I really thought the guy could be a real player.

Agreed.

I would rather it be the 3rd or lower but could see them taking a 2nd round flier on him.

Of course this also could depend on if we trade down and pick up some extra picks.