Cold Pizza: Branch Has Stress Fractures in Leg

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You guys think a stress fracture is going to cause him to slide to the 2nd or 3rd round?

I don't see it. Even if this is true, this is an injury that can be overcome in the space of a couple months. I doubt he even falls out of the 1st rd.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I heard the sirius interview today,and he was asked about all of the cons about him, the kid had all the right answers, seemed honest,and had good knowledge of the game, I would take him if he's there at 22,right now we dont have a backup for ferguson and who knows how much gas he has left in the tank

joseephuss

Reaction score
How does HIPAA apply here? I know college coaches hide injuries because of it. They started doing that a few years back. Maybe that is what happened to Rod Wright last season. All the teams knew about his injury, but nothing was made public about it until after the draft. Perhaps they are obligated under law not to say anything. I do not know. Maybe every team already knows about Branch, but were trying not to release the info. It somehow leaked out.

How does one find a stress fracture? I assume X-rays most of the time, but in some cases I would guess an MRI is needed. Unless he was complaining about pain or discomfort, would he even get an X-ray. They don't X-ray every square inch of every player at the combine or at pro-days. They may get a physical, but it probably isn't extensive enough to find a random stress fracture.

If you were a GM or NFL team would you release a possible injury about a potential draftee? I would not. Let my competitors do their own homework.

doomsday81

Reaction score
Pottsville Maroons;1461107 said:
The Rodrique Wright of this draft. First round? talent slips, in his case, to the 6th or 7th.

Sucks for us, in that it's one fewer player available when we pick.

Conversely, it could be good for us if he's there when we pick in the 6th and they decide to take a chance on him.

If Branch gets drafted in the sixth round, I'll give you my house. You're comparing Branch to Wright? You must be joking. Wright couldn't carry his jock. My God, how long until the draft starts?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
doomsday81;1461448 said:
If Branch gets drafted in the sixth round, I'll give you my house. You're comparing Branch to Wright? You must be joking. Wright couldn't carry his jock. My God, how long until the draft starts?

:laugh2:

doomsday81

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1461402 said:
You guys think a stress fracture is going to cause him to slide to the 2nd or 3rd round?

I don't see it. Even if this is true, this is an injury that can be overcome in the space of a couple months. I doubt he even falls out of the 1st rd.

No way he falls out of the first round. None.

joseephuss

Reaction score
doomsday81;1461448 said:

You don't have to compare the two players exactly to get a similar situation. Wright was predicted as a first rounder. At one time his junior year, he was predicted as a high first rounder. I didn't agree with that, but the guy had some talent. It was not surprising he dropped out of the first round, but it was surprising he dropped all the way to the 7th round. The reason was his injury. Branch, if injured may also drop, just probably not to the second day.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
doomsday81;1461448 said:

:lmao2::bow:

Thanks doomsday, you saved me from looking like the ultimate Branch-homer I truly am.

:D

burmafrd

Reaction score
IF this is true- I keep saying that because I really do not believe it- then he could fall to say MID 2nd RD at worst. UNLESS someone thinks that this is a condition that will reoccur.

BLT

Reaction score
this happened to the DT from wisconsin a 2 years ago.. he was drafted by the raiders in the 6th round while some people had him going in the 1st... antaaj hawthorne?? something like that... also i GUARENTEE he doesnt fall pass the 2nd... give me a trade down from the 1st for lets say miami's 2 2nds and let us get Sidney Rice, Alan branch and Aaron Ross like that yahoo mock said and ill **** myself

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I stress fx is obviously not good for anyone...let alone a Heavy DT.

Very bad news for him if true.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1461570 said:
I stress fx is obviously not good for anyone...let alone a Heavy DT.

Very bad news for him if true.

And an injured foot is not good for a WR/Returner who does nothing but stretch the field :cool:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
smarta5150;1461575 said:
And an injured foot is not good for a WR/Returner who does nothing but stretch the field :cool:

Well at least Ginn doesn't have a FX!:D

Pick him!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I'll tell ya, if this stress fracture think is true, then that would explain a lot about why scouts said he looked out of shape. When you have stress fractures, your told not to do a lot of impact stuff. Rest is the key and typically, it's not more then 6 or 8 weeks. Sometimes less. Stress fractures don't get better if you stay on them. Basketball players and long distance runners get them all the time. It's interesting thou. There was a study not so long ago conducted on women that links stress fractures to diet. Basically, the study said that women are more suseptable because there eating habbits often tend to lean towards weight lose. Basically, your body isn't getting what it needs to sustain itself and stress fractures occure. Wouldn't it be interesting if Alan developed stress fractures because he was trying to lose weight.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
smarta5150;1461613 said:
Its only natural for us to butt heads :bang2:

What would life be like if Michigan and Ohio St fans always got along?

Awful!:D

Aikbach

Reaction score
I had a buddy who was a state champion cross country runner that was run ragged and had to quit because of irreversible damage done by stress fractures. They are no joke, he can't run without pain anymore and he's 23 years old.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Pottsville Maroons;1461158 said:
Well, people have been questioning his work ethic and then this comes along a week before the draft. Like you said, Rod Wright might not be the best comparison since he had a torn rotator cuff, not something this minor, and didn't he have questions about his work ethic, as well?

since a stress-fracture is brought on by over-use of the muscles, it kind of disputes the claims that Branch has a poor work ethic

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1461640 said:
since a stress-fracture is brought on by over-use of the muscles, it kind of disputes the claims that Branch has a poor work ethic

Nice.

But others will say they are overworked from carrying around his fat body.