Twitter: Cole Beasley: "Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go"

Fontaine

Reaction score
He needs to be checked for CTE.

Don’t want to play is Dallas but jumps all over Buffalo...have fun with that December.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
While Beasley may be bad-mouthing Dallas as a way of currying favor with his new employers in Buffalo, I don't think his words are going to have the effect he imagines. One thing that many employers beware of is a new hire, or prospective hire, who bad-mouths his former bosses - the reason being that if he feels that way about "them," what prevents him from feeling the same way about you?

In a few years, maybe Beasley will be traded or signed with another new team, and then he will promptly lambast Buffalo as an ugly, wintry city, the Bills as a loser organization, the offensive coordinator and head coach as crap, etc. etc. - while singing the praises of his new employer, whichever team it may be. And the Bills may be fully aware of this.

Them

Reaction score
...more Beasley talk?...Do your talking on the field Cole!...
F3Vk3ef.png

plymkr

Reaction score
Waiting for his anti Dallas rap song to come out, that I will never listen to. Well, don't listen to any rap, unless it is background music on TV or someone plays it on the juke box. :laugh:

But to each their own, we all have our taste and choice in music.
I'm waiting anxiously for the diss track to come out.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
While Beasley may be bad-mouthing Dallas as a way of currying favor with his new employers in Buffalo, I don't think his words are going to have the effect he imagines. One thing that many employers beware of is a new hire, or prospective hire, who bad-mouths his former bosses - the reason being that if he feels that way about "them," what prevents him from feeling the same way about you?

In a few years, maybe Beasley will be traded or signed with another new team, and then he will promptly lambast Buffalo as an ugly, wintry city, the Bills as a loser organization, the offensive coordinator and head coach as crap, etc. etc. - while singing the praises of his new employer, whichever team it may be. And the Bills may be fully aware of this.
He didn't bad mouth Dallas.

jsb357

Reaction score
We could tell...

You walked away before you ever played a down.

Then for some reason, Garrett accepted you back.

Jerry might not be a great GM but get on his good side
and he has the pull to keep you relevant long after your
playing days are over.

burn statements like this torch 'dem bridges

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you ever wondered how many people here just react to headlines and don't actually read the articles, this thread is your answer. Looks to be about 90%. :muttley:

TonyS

Reaction score
Realize this may be self defeating, but can we STOP posting threads about "He whom shall not be named" in Fan Zone? Makes me ill reading his name every time I check this forum.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This is a complete mis-characterization.

Seriously, did even 1% of you guys actually read the story?
Typical fans hate a guy just because he was offered a lot more money and a opportunity to be a bigger part of the offense.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I was hoping he could help them to be a better team, and beat NE. But now, I just say FAIL.

But once the season starts I still want them to beat NE in spite of this clown.
They traded the wrong guy to the Raiders, and should have kept Switzer. But maybe this is why they wanted Switzer and not Beasley.

In the end I think Cobb will prove to be a better impact maker than both Switzer and Beasley.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
burn statements like this torch 'dem bridges

“Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go. It more so just kind of worked out that way. I was an undrafted free agent, so we were just looking based on numbers and rosters and everything. I didn't really care. I just wanted a chance to play in the NFL for any team. So, it really didn't matter to me which one.”

How is that a burn statement?

cern

Reaction score
He needs to be checked for CTE.

Don’t want to play is Dallas but jumps all over Buffalo...have fun with that December.
That would be checking the wrong end. All that's needed is a cooling salve.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
“Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go. It more so just kind of worked out that way. I was an undrafted free agent, so we were just looking based on numbers and rosters and everything. I didn't really care. I just wanted a chance to play in the NFL for any team. So, it really didn't matter to me which one.”

How is that a burn statement?

I agree! I read the whole article snd feel this just turned into a hit piece with no context. He basically was saying he could have signed many places and wasn’t eyeing Dallas but knew he’d get a shot here so best place. Overall the article was “overcoming odds” not “I hate Dallas.”

DRella

Reaction score
I guess when a player goes from a contender to a pretender he would be sour.

Although he provided some great moments for the Cowboys, he never took advantage of his opportunities that were given to him to become a must have on this team. He was deemed replaceable which I agree with. With the emergency of Gallup and having Cooper, getting a cheaper and better player like Cobb was a no brainer.

Understand where this guy is playing now!!!!! Buffalo!!!! He went for the cash, now live with it. Enjoy your 6-10 season. While watching the Cowboys once again capture another Division title. I know it sucks.