Cole Beasley: How Cowboys can be more Dak-friendly after Prescott was asked to be 'Superman' in 2017

Buzzbait

Reaction score
players have been complaining about predictable playcalling since last season...
Rightfully so. Among other things, I'd love to see them do away with those empty backfields in the red zone. That instantly tells the defense what to expect. What kind of idiot tries to bluff with his cards face up in a poker game? Garrett! :facepalm:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak Prescott is not an elite QB. He cannot carry his team. People should have already understood that after watching last season and digesting it.

He does not help his blockers by making quick reads and getting the ball out quickly. His accuracy and fundamentals are inconsistent.

He does need help and we should not pay him like an elite QB when he is a free agent unless he improves.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I wonder why Beasley disagrees with that take?

I read Beasley's quote to suggest there were personnel issues ("A lot comes with filling some spots maybe where we were weaker and stuff like that"), meaning, LT and LG issues, and that, with Elliott out and the protection compromised, we got into too many third-and-longs (""Now we just have to find something different to do on first and second down pass-wise to help him out a little bit.").

Do you believe for one second that Beasley would actually say, "All we asked from our QB was what every other team does, and he didn't deliver?"

Whether Beasley believes that or not, he's not going to publicly announce it - unless he wants to be traded, maybe.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Do you believe for one second that Beasley would actually say, "All we asked from our QB was what every other team does, and he didn't deliver?"

Whether Beasley believes that or not, he's not going to publicly announce it - unless he wants to be traded, maybe.

This is true. He also had other options.

He could have said nothing. He could have said the generic “it’s a team game we all have to play better”. He could have said “We all things to work on and improve”

Do I think the Superman aspect is a bit of hyperbole? Sure. But this isn’t the first time Beasley has said that Dak has been playing well and has defended him strongly. He said it during the season last year too.

Now it could just be because Dak is his boy and he likes him on a personal level. But either way I do actually think the other players on the team believe in Dak- right or wrong he has the teams respect. Which is what you want in a leader.

tm1119

Reaction score
Exactly what I’ve been saying...the coaches rolled out the exact same scheme, opposing coaches figured it out, and there was absolutely 0 counter punch from JG and Linehan.

It’s no coincidence that the WR group was more than good enough for the offense to be borderline great in ‘16. All this blame and investing in the WR position is just shuffling chairs on the titanic until the real issue is solved.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah it's everybody's fault except the guy who can't throw a cup in a trash can..... "superman.. lmao"

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
yeah it's everybody's fault except the guy who can't throw a cup in a trash can..... "superman.. lmao"
One of Romo's best asset was his experience, he often went off script, mostly because he could diagnose coverages quickly and adjust accordingly. Dak isn't capable of doing too much at this stage.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
One of Romo's best asset was his experience, he often went off script, mostly because he could diagnose coverages quickly and adjust accordingly. Dak isn't capable of doing too much at this stage.

<Emphasis added.> When a quarterback has such a good rookie season, people expect him to be better the next year, and that's just not always the case.

Amazing though how some are criticizing Dak so strongly like he's a 10 year vet, forgetting he was a fourth round pick and had the NFL rushing leader running behind an excellent offensive line to hand the ball off to. Seldom do you learn how to deal with adversity until you actually face it...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If he didn’t say it, it’s jsut speculation. Better to stick with what players actually do say and to expect they’re being truthful when they say it.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Give it up dude...versus Prescott's "heralded" rookie season, which many went goo-goo fanatic about, this year was a disappointment to say the least...but we will see how he bounces back. He should...he must. Finally...you can spin it anyway you want to but Prescott is a risk-averse quarterback, especially in comparison to the man he supplanted. There are both pros AND cons to this.
Did I call Dak a pro bowl QB? All I said is that Romo sat on the bench for 3 and a half years watching football while Dak has been actually playing since day one.

And it's way too early to determine what Dak will or will not be. This year should give us a better idea.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I am tired of the Cowboys' friendly this friendly that.they are attached too much to players.Way more than other teams.