Cole Beasley next?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I am not arguing his production was not an issue, it clearly was.

However, that doesn't change the fact that Beasley is on Twitter saying that he has to be quiet because if he says the wrong thing there will be reprisal from the organization.

Garrett is building such great chemistry here in Dallas, players scared to post on social media or else the Gestopo, I mean Garrett, will have them drawn and quartered.

Beasly really sounds happy, sounds like he really loves playing for Garrett when he is scared to even post on Twitter.
This makes you scratch your head and wonder what is going on in BIG D behind closed doors. I was kinda surprised that Dez said there were some players than had something to do with him leaving. Beasley was either joking around or confirming there is hierarchy among the players.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This makes you scratch your head and wonder what is going on in BIG D behind closed doors. I was kinda surprised that Dez said there were some players than had something to do with him leaving. Beasley was either joking around or confirming there is hierarchy among the players.

Good point bro..............I looked at Beasly's Twitter feed and it didn't appear that he was joking around. A fan asked him why the offense has not tweeted out words of encouragement and support for Dez like the defense has and Beasly basically said that if he posted the wrong thing, "I might be next".

That doesn't sound like a joking conversation, Beasly was replying to why he hasn't publicly made any tweets about Dez.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is squarely on dez. NOT GARRETTS DOING. Has nothing to do with him on the field production wise. I hate it..but guys,its a business,not One Life to Live...not a soap opera that gets played out on social media...the game is played on the field and when expectations fall short...someone has to pay the price. Dez had chances...and mentally checked out at times. We cant have that.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Beasley makes half the money of Williams and hasnt cost the Cowboys games like T Will. People think Switzer was drafted to replace Beasley but I think Switzer was drafted to be a punt and KO returner.
He’s Beasley’s replacement unless you think we’re resigning a relatively unathletic 30 year old slot wr. Beasley is a UFA after this year

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
This is squarely on dez. NOT GARRETTS DOING. Has nothing to do with him on the field production wise. I hate it..but guys,its a business,not One Life to Live...not a soap opera that gets played out on social media...the game is played on the field and when expectations fall short...someone has to pay the price. Dez had chances...and mentally checked out at times. We cant have that.
The coach has nothing to do with player production. Wow

Rayman70

Reaction score
The play gets called,and the said player executes it,period. Blame JG..thats fine..but if you gonna do that,blame him for the good plays too. Cant have it your way. There's always 2 sides to the coin.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Garrett didn't drop those passes,Dez did. Garrett didn't decide to check out of that Seattle game last year at a time when we had to have the win to make the playoffs...DEZ DID. That's just part of why Dez isn't here...and I didn't even mention his sloppy route running,which is limited. I loved this guys heart and production,but after he got paid...he tapered off and lost his will to hone his skills. He dwindled.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
The play gets called,and the said player executes it,period. Blame JG..thats fine..but if you gonna do that,blame him for the good plays too. Cant have it your way. There's always 2 sides to the coin.
Passing game wise? Yes I’ll give him props for calling a bunch of bootlegs in 2016 lol. I’m not giving him credit for the oline blowing open holes with 8 man fronts. He’s judged by the passing game like every coordinator. With Romo it’s akready been determined that Romo was his own OC so he gets no credit for Romo either. Last year when the bootleg was schemed what did Garrett do that was (good)? Thanks bro

Hadenough

Reaction score
He’s Beasley’s replacement unless you think we’re resigning a relatively unathletic 30 year old slot wr. Beasley is a UFA after this year
I think its good they have a guy lined up in Switzer to replace Beasley. I t would be fun to see both him and Beasley on the field at the same time. I wouldnt call Beasley unathletic! I guarantee he can still dunk a basketball and has good speed and route running ability. Oh and he also has great hands! But the downfall is the beating his smaller frame takes so he could retire or be released!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dez is responsible for Dez...as grown adults...we all are. He was rewarded handsomely back with his last contract. Paid like a king because he earned it..but shortly after that,he lost touch with what made him great. The money didn't change him..it enhanced what he already was...which was an unaccountable immature human. His latest social media rants and his interview proves some of this. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. That's why he's not here. LACK OF PRODUCTION. The spirit of his contract was not lived up to..BY DEZ. Nobody else is to blame.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Im shocked this has become such a big deal! I dont seem to remember the fan base being this divided when Emmitt Smith was released! This is a business and nobody on here should feel sorry for Dez. He was paid very well for his service and he is financially set for life!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'd be okay with letting Beasley go, he isn't anything special.
Beaz will flourish Bigly WITHOUT DEZ. he shouldget much more love than he gets on here. He's going to get his chance this year to show out.

Section446

Reaction score
Beaz will flourish Bigly WITHOUT DEZ. he shouldget much more love than he gets on here. He's going to get his chance this year to show out.
I hope he does do well, but I won't lose sleep if they let him go. He, like so many players on this team, is easily replaced. It would suck to lose my neighbor though.

khiladi

Reaction score
What exactly has Horns done for people to warrant he’s a legitimate replacement for Dez or even better than TWill at the two spot?

khiladi

Reaction score

If it’s business, Garrett would have been fired like every other coach in the league that performs like him..

khiladi

Reaction score
I am not arguing his production was not an issue, it clearly was.

However, that doesn't change the fact that Beasley is on Twitter saying that he has to be quiet because if he says the wrong thing there will be reprisal from the organization.

Garrett is building such great chemistry here in Dallas, players scared to post on social media or else the Gestopo, I mean Garrett, will have them drawn and quartered.

Beasly really sounds happy, sounds like he really loves playing for Garrett when he is scared to even post on Twitter.

Some people got to continue defending Garrett.. when other players that leave say something about Garrett, the are disgruntled.

When ‘yes men’ with fear for their jobs say good things about their employer, “you see everybody loves Garrett and you aren’t privy to what’s going on there because you are not on the team!”

When a guy like Beasley, not just Dez, says it and is STILL with the organization, “oh he’s wrong even though he is on the team and I’m not..”