Cole Beasley next?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson was a mans man so players wouldn’t do it. It’s not about the youth it’s about the trash leader. Patriots players were quiet until bill did that super bowl nonsense. Other than that they are quiet. There’s a way to do things and treat people and a way not to in regards to leadership.
I agree overall, but Dez did this to himself with his "anyone who is not with Dez can kiss my ***" tweet not too long ago. He never fully grew up. He got what he deserved.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I agree overall, but Dez did this to himself with his "anyone who is not with Dez can kiss my ***" tweet not too long ago. He never fully grew up. He got what he deserved.
Dez getting cut was fine but they handled it very poorly. The captain of the ship is a bum. When mike tomlin has something to say to a player he says it. Sideline or in a press conference. When Dez was melting down in Detroit where was Garrett?

A Garrett micd up would consist of (that a baby!) (great job) (clap clap) (helluva play) and standing around with his arms crossed. :rolleyes:

Can anybody say I’m lying? Lol

iamliko22

Reaction score

I agree with what you said on tweet, but I'm not sure he got what he deserved. I mean for a coach acting like he's all about the right thing to do and right type of guy motto.. They sure handled this in the least professional and honorable manner.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dont be shocked if he’s the next out the door.
I'm still puzzled why so many want to dump the one WR we have who outplayed his contract.

Beasley routinely takes double teams. At a 4.5mil cap hit. That's a deal. When he was singled in 2016, he was incredibly effective.

We should be looking to see if we can extend him off a down year, instead of thinking about trading him.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I agree with what you said on tweet, but I'm not sure he got what he deserved. I mean for a coach acting like he's all about the right thing to do and right type of guy motto.. They sure handled this in the least professional and honorable manner.
A leader that can’t even live up to his own code. Trust is gone if any of the players are like me. I value a mans code. If you say this is what you’re about I hold you to that and expect the same towards me.

cern

Reaction score
the dismissal of dez should serve as a warning to the coaches. get better, come up with better game plans, learn to adjust at halftime as needed or Stephen will sack your butts, too. the times are changing.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Regardless of the Dez contract or stats Cole Beasleys response doesn’t show signs pointing in the best direction. Funny how none of them want to make it known on how they feel on social media imagine what they will say in the locker room

Garrett is the cancer here. It's quite obvious.

What other franchise values a coach that has not once reached the Conference championship game at minimum?

The FO acts on his behalf to their own detriment and embarrassment. Who cuts a solid starter (at minimum) BEFORE the draft haul?

You can't duplicate, replicate, or photocopy the definitive idiocy of the Cowboys leadership. It is a complete joke.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm still puzzled why so many want to dump the one WR we have who outplayed his contract.

Beasley routinely takes double teams. At a 4.5mil cap hit. That's a deal. When he was singled in 2016, he was incredibly effective.

We should be looking to see if we can extend him off a down year, instead of thinking about trading him.

You have zero clue what you are talking about. Nobody was doubling Beasley last year. Go watch film

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not happening. And expressing dissatisfaction with the offense had nothing to do with Dez getting cut either.

Is that why Cole Beasly said on Twitter that he better shut up and stop posting because he might say something that would make him next?

Beasly sure seems to think Dez questioning the offense lead to his release, I guess he didn't get your memo;)

lukin2006

Reaction score
I doubt it.

It now goes

Outside - Hurns, Williams
Slot - Beasley, Switzer

5-6 - Brown and Thompson

Hurns is on a two year deal, Beasley is gone next year

That wide receiver group should scare most defences.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I swear I am done buying jerseys. If you guys want a player gone just send me the money. If I buy a jersey then they are as good as gone.

Does JG have a Jersey? Lol

Maybe buy a jersey from when he played ... nah we are stuck with him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Basically admitting if he criticizes the FO he will be next after Dez. That's a damn shame

Yep, Beasly is flat out saying that he cant respond on social media for fear of reprisal from the organization.

But don't worry, the homers will all tell us how Dez's release had no relation to him questioning the offense. Only problem is that Beasly apparently didn't get the memo, otherwise, why would he be scared to say something?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that why Cole Beasly said on Twitter that he better shut up and stop posting because he might say something that would make him next?

Beasly sure seems to think Dez questioning the offense lead to his release, I guess he didn't get your memo;)

Still not cutting Beasley.

And Dez was cut because his production didn’t match his contract, even if Dez feels otherwise. Even if Beasley believes him. He wasn’t any less of a pain in the *** any of the other eight years in Dallas. What changed? Hint: it was his production.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we wanna blame JG for the teams shortcomings..fine,thats fair. But lets also "blame" him for the teams achievements...ie 2014 and 2016. We cannot simply discard the positive changes he made. Make no mistake..Dez isn't here because of Dez btw. All in all...the decision was made by not just Stephen Jones...but by MCclay and JG. Prolly some input from Linehan. In the end,Stephen took in all the opinions...and made a tough final decision. Daddy didn't like it,but it was made. That's why it took so long. Jerry wasn't fighting this for a month. Proud of Stephen for being true to the team. Its about time.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Still not cutting Beasley.

And Dez was cut because his production didn’t match his contract, even if Dez feels otherwise. Even if Beasley believes him. He wasn’t any less of a pain in the *** any of the other eight years in Dallas. What changed? Hint: it was his production.

I am not arguing his production was not an issue, it clearly was.

However, that doesn't change the fact that Beasley is on Twitter saying that he has to be quiet because if he says the wrong thing there will be reprisal from the organization.

Garrett is building such great chemistry here in Dallas, players scared to post on social media or else the Gestopo, I mean Garrett, will have them drawn and quartered.

Beasly really sounds happy, sounds like he really loves playing for Garrett when he is scared to even post on Twitter.

Hadenough

Reaction score
From what I've heard/read, lotta love for Bea in FO. Remember he initially quit and they had to talk him into coming back as a rookie. I'm guessing if he comes anywhere close being the Dak's favorite target as leading or 2nd leading receiver, they may extend him. Especially with all the new/young receivers. My point is I think Bea has a chance to be a keeper......
Beasley makes half the money of Williams and hasnt cost the Cowboys games like T Will. People think Switzer was drafted to replace Beasley but I think Switzer was drafted to be a punt and KO returner.