Cole Beasley talking (again)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What exactly did he say that is wrong?
He really didn't say anything. A TON of players move on to other situations they consider better.

One thing is, regardless of how the offense was last season doesn't really matter much. We have a new OC and QB coach, so I expect things to be different. If Dallas wanted to keep Beasley, it's worth noting he may have been used differently.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He really didn't say anything. A TON of players move on to other situations they consider better.

One thing is, regardless of how the offense was last season doesn't really matter much. We have a new OC and QB coach, so I expect things to be different. If Dallas wanted to keep Beasley, it's worth noting he may have been used differently.

I think he said quite a bit.

He confirmed what everyone without blinders on already knew, that the Cowboys offense and playcalls are simple, uninspired, and predictable. That their schemes and coaching do a disservice to the players.

It's nice to get the truth instead of the company line that's towed from those still collecting a paycheck from the Dallas Cowboys.

But of course, those same people, with those blinders firmly in place, will simply disregard yet another players' confirmation as 'sour grapes'.

Last edited:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
who cares? Do your self a favor and shut it down. it's passed discussion and a waste of time. Long live the "Rapping Bese" Just not here.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think he said quite a bit.

He confirmed what everyone without blinders on already knew, that the Cowboys offense and playcalls are simple, uninspired, and predictable. That their schemes and coaching do a disservice to the players.

It's nice to get the truth instead of the company line that's towed from those still collecting a paycheck from the Dallas Cowboys.

But of course, those same people, with those blinders firmly in place, will simply disregard yet another players' confirmation as 'sour grapes'.
Right. What we pretty much already knew. But there are some who blow things out of proportion. Fans and players.
Why even mention Dallas? It won't change anyone's mind, right? You have Bryant commenting about it still, lol.
Until they let it go, fans on a forum will have something to jaw about.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. What we pretty much already knew. But there are some who blow things out of proportion. Fans and players.
Why even mention Dallas? It won't change anyone's mind, right? You have Bryant commenting about it still, lol.
Until they let it go, fans on a forum will have something to jaw about.

It's a big part of who these guys are. To this point, everything about their pro careers has involved Dallas. That's what they know.

I actively avoided this thread for some time because I figured it was nothing more than Beasley grousing again about the Cowboys. I still feel he has an axe to grind because he wanted big money but wanted it from Dallas. He wanted to have his cake and eat it too. And now he's pissed because that didn't happen and wants to take his shots. I realize that.

But after reading his comments, I also realize that he's telling the truth in there as well, so I'm not just writing everything off as sour grapes.

Everyone needs to realize that there were significant issues with this offensive scheme for the past several years. No blinding themselves to the truth anymore.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's a big part of who these guys are. To this point, everything about their pro careers has involved Dallas. That's what they know.

I actively avoided this thread for some time because I figured it was nothing more than Beasley grousing again about the Cowboys. I still feel he has an axe to grind because he wanted big money but wanted it from Dallas. He wanted to have his cake and eat it too. And now he's pissed because that didn't happen and wants to take his shots. I realize that.

But after reading his comments, I also realize that he's telling the truth in there as well, so I'm not just writing everything off as sour grapes.

Everyone needs to realize that there were significant issues with this offensive scheme for the past several years. No blinding themselves to the truth anymore.
Talking badly about a past situation makes the person talking look foolish. Kind of like the ex-GF thing. It would be like someone on the Dallas staff talking about Beasley and saying that he wasn't elite talent and criticized him about almost quitting the game. That to me would be pathetic. Same with players who talk trash about an old team. Even if it's true.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talking badly about a past situation makes the person talking look foolish. Kind of like the ex-GF thing. It would be like someone on the Dallas staff talking about Beasley and saying that he wasn't elite talent and criticized him about almost quitting the game. That to me would be pathetic. Same with players who talk trash about an old team. Even if it's true.

Trying to dismiss it looks more foolish.

And pathetic is getting your truth from people collecting a paycheck and beholden to the organization. If that’s where you get your truth from, it says more about you than it does Beasley or anyone no longer on the payroll.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Trying to dismiss it looks more foolish.

And pathetic is getting your truth from people collecting a paycheck and beholden to the organization. If that’s where you get your truth from, it says more about you than it does Beasley or anyone no longer on the payroll.
But no one is dismissing his comments, he's the only one jabbering. Him and Bryant.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But no one is dismissing his comments, he's the only one jabbering. Him and Bryant.

Who else are you expecting to "jabber"?

And by using that dismissive term, it's clear that dismissing is exactly what you're trying to do. You expose yourself.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who else are you expecting to "jabber"?

And by using that dismissive term, it's clear that dismissing is exactly what you're trying to do. You expose yourself.
The vast majority of players who leave teams don't talk childish garbage. Divas do. See the connection from this personality league-wide? Most normal functioning adults get this concept.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The vast majority of players who leave teams don't talk childish garbage. Divas do. See the connection from this personality league-wide?

Welp, I guess it's just the Cowboys who have all of the "divas" then? Because tons of them say exactly this same thing year after year after year. Since a certain red-headed coach has been here. But the homers always do what they do and shoot the messenger.

Oh, but the Rams must have been a bunch of "divas too", because they all said they hated Linehan and he sucked years ago too. Got that idiot run out of town on a rail after four games into the season.

By the way, who's hired him?

Most normal functioning adults get this concept.

Most "normal functioning adults" don't have to disregard uncomfortable truths, they're mature enough to handle it. It's children that have issues.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Welp, I guess it's just the Cowboys who have all of the "divas" then? Because tons of them say exactly this same thing year after year after year. Since a certain red-headed coach has been here. But the homers always do what they do and shoot the messenger.

Oh, but the Rams must have been a bunch of "divas too", because they all said they hated Linehan and he sucked years ago too. Got that idiot run out of town on a rail after four games into the season.

By the way, who's hired him?

Most "normal functioning adults" don't have to disregard uncomfortable truths, they're mature enough to handle it. It's children that have issues.
I said "the vast majority of teams" meaning all teams. But there are divas. Ironically, mostly WR's. So that would include other teams as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said "the vast majority of teams" meaning all teams. But there are divas. Ironically, mostly WR's. So that would include other teams as well.

Again, keep trying to shoot the messenger because you're not mature enough to handle the message. But don't then talk about being a "normal functioning adult", because "adults" can handle difficult conversations.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Again, keep trying to shoot the messenger because you're not mature enough to handle the message. But don't then talk about being a "normal functioning adult", because "adults" can handle difficult conversations.
If you consider trash talking more mature than being a big person and doing your job we have different views. Simple as that. I think players that trash talk past organizations or players are idiots. League-wide. Like a sore loser who keeps talking about their ex and claims to be over it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you consider trash talking more mature than being a big person and doing your job we have different views. Simple as that. I think players that trash talk past organizations or players are idiots. League-wide. Like a sore loser who keeps talking about their ex and claims to be over it.

Like I said, you shoot the messenger because you can't handle the truth. Tear them down and call them names because they have the audacity to say that there are problems with your favorite team.

Says more about you than it ever could about them.

Luther

I am who they thought I was!
Reaction score
I'm curious. Who here thinks he will do better in Buffalo than he did in Dallas?

I think he had a good situation here. Maybe not so much in Buffalo. Will be interesting to see.

loublue22

Reaction score
He probably wakes up in cold sweats realizing he signed up to play in sub zero temps with Josh Allen and get owned by Belichick and Brady twice a year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Like I said, you shoot the messenger because you can't handle the truth. Tear them down and call them names because they have the audacity to say that there are problems with your favorite team.

Says more about you than it ever could about them.
Christ sake, I've posted that what these players whine about may be true, but that doesn't mean I think it's the mature and professional way to handle things as an adult. It's disingenuous to repeat over and over that I can't handle the truth when I agree, lol.

Ever notice that it's the B side players whining years later?

I just prefer a more humble approach. Like, at least wait until you'd actually played in Buffalo. Or, it's meaningless to keep talking trash when you're not even on a roster.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Christ sake, I've posted that what these players whine about may be true, but that doesn't mean I think it's the mature and professional way to handle things as an adult. It's disingenuous to repeat over and over that I can't handle the truth when I agree, lol.

Ever notice that it's the B side players whining years later?

I just prefer a more humble approach. Like, at least wait until you'd actually played in Buffalo. Or, it's meaningless to keep talking trash when you're not even on a roster.

I prefer getting the truth. Whether it’s politically correct or not.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I prefer getting the truth. Whether it’s politically correct or not.
But aren't the majority complaining of those calling Beasley a turd in full possession of the truth? Like, years ago?

That's like you working for a business owner. They decide to let you go. Then, well after that happens you blast them on Twitter. Repeatedly, lol.
He's not addressing anything new. Or anything anyone here didn't already know. The first time he tweeted his bitterness was fine, I guess. Over and over is weird.