Cole Beasley talking (again)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Tell it like it is Cole!!! I hope things work out for him in Buffalo. Always thought the dude was a much better WR than he was given a chance to be.
Is that Jeff Heath, lovingly, in your avi?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Cole Beasley expects to get more opportunities in Buffalo
Posted by Charean Williams on June 10, 2019, 4:40 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...expects-to-get-more-opportunities-in-buffalo/

For seven seasons, Cole Beasley was beloved in Dallas. He grew up in a suburb north of Dallas, played at SMU and became a big part of the Cowboys offense despite being only 5 foot 8 and going undrafted.

Now, though, he is the enemy.

Unafraid to speak his mind on social media or in interviews, Beasley has rubbed Cowboys Nation the wrong way since he signed a four-year, $29 million deal with the Bills. Dallas offered Beasley a contract but didn’t value the position as much as the Bills did, with the Cowboys instead signing free agent Randall Cobb to a one-year, $5 million deal

People should get off Beasley's back.

Nobody gives a damn about what anyone says about Buffalo. So Buffalo writers pump Beasley for comments about Dallas to get clicks, and people think Beasley "can't stop talking about Dallas".

This is entirely a media created story, and the team itself agreed with Beasley that Linehan sucked.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There's definitely some truth in what he said about the offense:

The Cowboys “didn’t value the slot position like they do here,” Beasley said, via Tim Graham of ***BLOCKED***. “That’s a big reason why I left. I want to be utilized to my strengths and have more opportunities to play football.

“I felt like it was easy for me to be taken away. Really, in that offense, all you had to do was bracket me because I went beyond 5 yards rarely. And when I did, it was from the same formation; I was in the same spot all the time.”

The Cowboys changed offensive coordinators, firing Scott Linehan and hiring Kellen Moore. Beasley, though, suggested on Twitter in January it didn’t matter who the Cowboys offensive coordinator was, saying the team’s front office directs where the ball goes.

Now, he rarely went beyond 5 yards because he didn't win on those rare occasions. And "front office" should be replaced by Garrett. Jerry has no idea where the ball needs to go other than maybe telling Garrett that we need to get the ball to this player more of that player more ... because we're not.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lots of people saying Beasley is acting like a jilted girlfriend are acting like a jilted lover. :muttley:

Nothing he has said in the last 2 threads dedicated to him should've offended anyone, if you read what he actually said.

Big_D

Reaction score
People hating on Cole, but he's not wrong.

"I was in the same spot all the time."

Dez said the same thing when he left. And this is kind of what I was saying in the Witten thread. Lets' hope Moore utilizes his receivers differently.

jrumann59

Reaction score
So Beasley gets to motion to the other side of the formation now. He was used the way he was used is because he does not have the ball skills to go say 20 yards down field consistently and win match ups like faster slot guys. He is/was a one trick pony.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I liked Beasley as a Cowboy. As any other team's wr, who cares? He's not even notable.
Every time he was tackled, even by the ankles, he always looked like he'd never get up and walk normally again. Wait until he gets drilled into that cold hard surface in Buffalo. He will not be in many discussions or highlights on TV.

cern

Reaction score
People should get off Beasley's back.

Nobody gives a damn about what anyone says about Buffalo. So Buffalo writers pump Beasley for comments about Dallas to get clicks, and people think Beasley "can't stop talking about Dallas".

This is entirely a media created story, and the team itself agreed with Beasley that Linehan sucked.
from cole's lips to god's ears. perhaps just the effects of osteitis pubis?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I liked Beasley as a Cowboy. As any other team's wr, who cares? He's not even notable.
Every time he was tackled, even by the ankles, he always looked like he'd never get up and walk normally again. Wait until he gets drilled into that cold hard surface in Buffalo. He will not be in many discussions or highlights on TV.
Your right. He will fade away and just be another player. He left for the money I think. If he don’t earn it then he will be cut.