Cole Beasley talking (again)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cole Beasley expects to get more opportunities in Buffalo
Posted by Charean Williams on June 10, 2019, 4:40 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...expects-to-get-more-opportunities-in-buffalo/

For seven seasons, Cole Beasley was beloved in Dallas. He grew up in a suburb north of Dallas, played at SMU and became a big part of the Cowboys offense despite being only 5 foot 8 and going undrafted.

Now, though, he is the enemy.

Unafraid to speak his mind on social media or in interviews, Beasley has rubbed Cowboys Nation the wrong way since he signed a four-year, $29 million deal with the Bills. Dallas offered Beasley a contract but didn’t value the position as much as the Bills did, with the Cowboys instead signing free agent Randall Cobb to a one-year, $5 million deal

Love these former players that continue to confirm what 99
5 of us know and 1% of the posters continue to deny:

That Garrett's dumbed down, conservative, boring, predictable offenses is a big problem here in Dallas.

And if the trolls want to wonder why were not throwing deep so much, they just got another clue.

Here is one poster hoping Beasley has a great season and makes Garrett look even more pathetic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nothing new, the troll will keep running his mouth for years to come, better get used to it. Hell he argued with his own fans in Dallas, threw his QB under the bus and talked trash about the front office. Why would anyone be surprised he’s still talking even though he’s not here is beyond me.

Yet 90% of everything he said we know is true.

Amazing how when he is here in Dallas he is amazing, when he leaves hes an idiot and he sucks. Not saying you are one of these guys.

Did he throw Dak under the bus? Don't recall that one. What did he say?

JayFord

Reaction score
At this point it’s like being mad at the dude who peed in your burrito back in 1984

aria

Reaction score
Yet 90% of everything he said we know is true.

Amazing how when he is here in Dallas he is amazing, when he leaves hes an idiot and he sucks. Not saying you are one of these guys.

Did he throw Dak under the bus? Don't recall that one. What did he say?
Some of what he said was absolutely true but there are some things you keep in house. You don’t air your grievances about the team you play for publicly.

I’d have to go look for what he said specifically. He didn’t directly point the finger at Dak but it was obvious, as usual he started crawfishing after he said it. When people were complaining that the receivers weren’t getting open, prior to Cooper IIRC, he responded on twitter that if you looked at the tape that the receivers were getting open and he said something else I believe.

Again, it may have been true but it was a jab at Dak. Pretty ironic how once Cooper got here the receivers (specifically Cooper) started getting open and started getting the ball more.

ryanbabs

Reaction score

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...expects-to-get-more-opportunities-in-buffalo/

For seven seasons, Cole Beasley was beloved in Dallas. He grew up in a suburb north of Dallas, played at SMU and became a big part of the Cowboys offense despite being only 5 foot 8 and going undrafted.

Unafraid to speak his mind on social media or in interviews, Beasley has rubbed Cowboys Nation the wrong way since he signed a four-year, $29 million deal with the Bills. Dallas offered Beasley a contract but didn’t value the position as much as the Bills did, with the Cowboys instead signing free agent Randall Cobb to a one-year, $5 million deal
I'll never understand these guys that burn their bridges. Just thank them for the opportunity they gave him and move on. There is a very good chance he gets up there and hates the winters and wants to come back home. Maybe he can use the snow shovel he had to buy to help control his mouth.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Most overrated player in history of the team. Fans speaker in hushed tone of the playoff exploits of the great Cole Beasley. The reality was he was a slow, very limited guy that did not impact many games in 7 years.

Valkyr

Reaction score
More like Cole Measly, am I right, folks?

giphy.gif

starfan1

Reaction score
Some of what he said was absolutely true but there are some things you keep in house. You don’t air your grievances about the team you play for publicly.

I’d have to go look for what he said specifically. He didn’t directly point the finger at Dak but it was obvious, as usual he started crawfishing after he said it. When people were complaining that the receivers weren’t getting open, prior to Cooper IIRC, he responded on twitter that if you looked at the tape that the receivers were getting open and he said something else I believe.

Again, it may have been true but it was a jab at Dak. Pretty ironic how once Cooper got here the receivers (specifically Cooper) started getting open and started getting the ball more.

Yep and i also think that coincided with Paul Alexanders crazy scheme being gone and replaced by Columbo. The health of line and the newness of missing Frederick wore off a bit. Conner Williams steady improvement all these things contributed to the win streak IMO

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

he is the enemy?

manufactured drama.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
3 catches
31 yards

I

Thats his career per game averages.

In the postseason,
It’s 3 catches
For 35 yards a game.
Zero playoff scores.

In romos best year, 2014, he had 420 yards and 4 TDS on 37 catches.

Terrance Williams had 200 more yards and double the TDs on the same amount of catches.
Gavin Escobar had 4 TDS that season on 9 catches.

When he started getting mad when other players catching the ball last year, that’s when I knew it was over.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Like the crazy ex-girlfriend that keeps talking about you.

Yep. He would much rather be in Dallas but we just didn't value him. Now he's going out of his way to show his ex how much happier and better his situation is. He's trying too hard in my eyes. I have nothing against them, though. I enjoyed his time here and thought he was valuable to this offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Oh yes, I remember that comment. And Dak also said that it wasn't that guys weren't open, its that he wasn't comfortable or familiar with the receiver by committee thing.

I do think guys should keep their mouth shut, but personally I enjoy hearing the truth.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Cole finished 2018 as leading rec in # of receptions, not sure about yds.
And this is with a QB that many here say cant throw and a linehan offense that most here say sucked.
Now if Cole says it sucked , you guys blast him for it !:huh: So we can say it but he cant?
Ok I read the article, which I think most posting did not.
Cole did not say anything bad about cowboys, he did take a shot at the front office, and the way he was used here.
"Beasley, though, suggested on Twitter in January it didn’t matter who the Cowboys offensive coordinator was, saying the team’s front office directs where the ball goes."
This is a shot at the jones boys , and I salute him for that, and if true which it could be does not bode well.

Now I agree Cole should just not say anything, but he has a right to say what is on his mind just like anyone else.
Cole did his part here with cowboys, he earned his money and never had off field issues, no suspensions, and made a lot of good plays.
He had some good years here, but obviously he wanted to play somewhere with a more creative offense and no jones boys meddling, and I
cant blame him for that.

“I felt like it was easy for me to be taken away. Really, in that offense, all you had to do was bracket me because I went beyond 5 yards rarely. And when I did, it was from the same formation; I was in the same spot all the time.”
So after 7 years he got bored with this, and yet fans think he should take whatever the jones boys offer and keep doing that?:thumbdown:
I wouldnt, so I salute Cole for leaving , so to experience playing for someone other than JG and the jones boys, be a drag to play your whole
career with those guys in charge.
It will be interesting to see how he does , and just how they do use him in buffalo.
Beasley, 30, is rehabbing from core muscle surgery, keeping him off the practice field this offseason. So that is a big negative, and means
he may get off to a slow start, just depends on if he is ready come TC I guess.

But bottom line you guys go on about loyalty, and dont diss the cowboys , but we diss them all the time here, for many things.
And the days of players not going to other teams are long gone. And the cowboys are not the team they were pre jones era, or jimmy era.
And I dont think anything he has said has been untrue or really bad.