Cole Beasley, yay or nay

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Tolbert ain't ready, maybe Rush hurt him a bit Saturday, or maybe we are expecting too much, too fast. Either way, I have more confidence in Houston up to this point but that's not saying much about our readiness for game one. I would feel a lot better about this room with an additional vet and I'm sure Cole or any vet wants some assurance of being on the roster/team for more than a few games. Get it done Stephen, if not Cole, then Fuller ......

Yay, but he burned his bridges here really badly.
I guess never say never, but I don't see it happening.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Nyet

It's silly at this point anyway- there is zero chance management would do it.
Nor should they.

75boyz

Reaction score
I give it a maybe.

Because the reactive impulse of the GM has been to overpay with draft capital because of lack of WR production.

It will be interesting to see if teams are able to stack the box and negate the running game while doubling CD and daring Dak to beat them with the un proven guys.

I wonder how this FO might respond.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Nay. Not because Cole isn't a good player and could help but A) the only way for guys to develop is to give them a chance & B) sometimes you just shouldn't "run it back". not taking sides on who was the most at fault but it was clear things were contentious between him & the team before he left. Let it end there.

_sturt_

Reaction score
To this outsider's mind, if you really perceive the need and he didn't commit the unforgivable sin on the way out the door (what that would be, I dunno), Cole should be #1 on the list if only because Dak likely still would have a real comfort level with him. Sure, he's not much more tread on the tire, so you have to evaluate that first, but to this outsider's mind, I start with him.

That said.

Think the shorter preseason is ramping up the anxiety on the board, and people are ready to make 53-man decisions having seen one game... and... one game at uniquely high altitude.

I might see it differently next week, but right now, there's no panic buttons I'm itching to press.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hw9Mvzj.gif
Why are you calling Wilbur? What's he got to do with anything?

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t think so. Once they bracket him then he is useless. Need deep threats to get him one on one..

joseephuss

Reaction score
Beasley is a good slot receiver and probably can continue to be good in that role. Don't know how much money he wants or if he even wants to be back in Dallas. I do think there is always something up with that guy. Since the beginning of his pro career, there is always something. He considered quitting football during his rookie training camp. That is a heck of a way to start off life in the NFL.